Crossing the motherline! [Roms JLB F7 x CG Durban F2]

What should I grow next?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Normannen

Anne enn Normal
Veteran
Hello fellow Cannagraphers!

I have some long flowering (12-16 weeks) "landrace" TLD (thin leaflet drug type) cultivars that I wish to cross, and I thought maybe I could get the community involved in a little side project/group effort.

The rules of the game:
(I listed the names of the cultivars I've acquired and maintained over the years in the poll:laughing:)

1. You peeps select up to 2 cultivars you would like to see crossed (you're welcome to explain your thinking in the comment section, all input is welcome)

2. You can change your vote any time. (N.B. sometimes the option bugs, try reloading the page)

3. The "winner" of the poll will become the motherline
the "second" will become the fatherline.

4. This thread will become the grow diary for the project including the offspring

Piece and Buds:canabis:

The runner-ups:

Durban (acquired from CannaBioGen)
1697657376395.jpeg

Jamaican Lambsbread (from @Roms thank you ever so much, she's a beauty)
1697656579754.jpeg

Kerala Idukki (The Real Seed Co.)
1697657463912.jpeg

Naga Ukhrul (The Real Seed Co.)
1697657538567.jpeg

Crosses made in the past with these landraces:

Destroyer x Durban
Skunk x Kerala
AutoXtreme x Kerala

Kerala x Durban (lost)
Jamaican x Durban (lost)
Destroyer x Kerala (lost)

:smoke::watchplant:

Last edited:

right

I'd definitely go with Lambs bread. A personal all time favorite ,after Columbian Red. I smuggled some into the states when I first moved here and then wasn't able to buy anymore.
I have spent many an hour considering what I could cross it to personally.
I can just remember the way it felt ,and then imagine how the buzz might feel crossed to whatever I was daydreaming about crossing it to at the time.

Hey everyone, I have some long flowering (12-16 weeks) "landrace" cultivars that I wish to cross, and I thought maybe I could get the community involved in a little side project/group effort.

Here're the rules of the game:

I list the names of the cultivars I've acquired and maintained over the years in the poll

you guys select up to 2 cultivars you would like to see crossed (and you're welcome to explain your thinking in the comment section, all input is welcome)

you can change your vote any time

the "winner" of the poll will be the motherline

the "second" will become the fatherline.

This thread will become the grow diary for the project including the seeds

For Science!

Durban (got from CannaBioGen)
View attachment 18906350

Jamaican (from @Roms thank you ever so much, she's a beauty)
View attachment 18906332

Kerala (The Real Seed Co.)
View attachment 18906351

Naga Ukhrul (The Real Seed Co.)
View attachment 18906353

Crosses made in the past with these landraces:

Destroyer x Durban
Skunk x Kerala
AutoXtreme x Kerala

Kerala x Durban (lost)
Jamaican x Durban (lost)
Destroyer x Kerala (lost)
The naga and Jamaican

Normannen

Anne enn Normal
Veteran
The Durban sounds great as well, especially Cannabiogen Durban. It authentic without skunk.
I have read about Durban for years it's supposed to be uplifting and high energy
Sounds Really nice .
The only issue I have with the Durban is that for some reason if I smoke too much of it it triggers these nasty migraines that make it hard to even sleep. but yes, it feels and grows authentic, thin leaves through and through, long flowering period, weird shaped calyxes (like, really elongated and delicate looking) , the seeds have a prominent base (probaby influenced by the shape of the calyx), sensitive to wet feet, needs barely andy nutes, and yes, the aniseed is real.

BC LONE WOLF

Jamaican always number one; I seen the rebirth of grower interest for Jamaican genetics a couple of jamaican pearl, jamaican skunk, and other journals around.

I got 3 mango biche x 60s Lambsbread from Swami at the moment; they look good.

Hope you have a successful breeding.