What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Creeper is creeping again.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I'm going to get a little serious for a minute.
I have found that every garden can be a teacher if one asks questions and is determined to find the answers. Rather than taking a chance with damaging the valuable female plants one can use the males or extra females to do controlled experiments and learn from them in every garden. If one experiments with every garden using extra plants, one can advance into advanced horticulture where one that doesn't will stay the same. There is no failure using this strategy there is only learning what works and what doesn’t with every garden.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
As an example, the two males I transferred to outdoors under a 12/12 photoperiod are being used in an experiment using high-EC tap water. The starting tap water EC is 490 ppm with a pH of 8.6 before adding anything. Using this method, I had to raise the nutrient content extremely high to overcome the excess tap water pH and high EC. The ppm is in the 800s to make the tap water work. (photo of the males) below.

In another experiment using a different plant in the extra garden, I do not allow discharge. I only used water nutrients starting at 7.1 pH or above with a low ppm of only 290 counting cal mag carbonate. How long will the plant thrive using this method? One observation is the leaves are darker the plant smells are much stronger than the non-experimental plant. Question how will the higher pH affect the flowering?

Lastly, I’m using a pruning technique on one of the bigger plants in the OG garden using the same strains. Comparing growth between fan leaf pruned and non-pruned fan leaves is a continual experiment that is ongoing from many past grows. My conclusion is I’m still open to more research. At the end of every garden, one walks away with more experience that can be used in future grows.

IMG_6685.JPG

Latest posts

Latest posts