What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Creeper is creeping again.

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
Beautiful looking crop. Did most of the old seeds germ? I am sort of surprised they are 15 years old but the plants look so good. I have a couple autos growing in the window as I love the smell of MMJ in the morning.

leetdood

I have damaged a few cameras from trichomes.

Is it possible to repair/clean them? Or is this physical damage not resin?

I have found that packing the soil in the pots slows down root growth and cuts oxygen. I never pack the soil and allow the watering to pack it softly. When I move a pot, I don’t allow it to hit the ground hard, either. I set it down softly or lightly to avoid compacting the substrate. Before I pot up the soil it's as light as a feather before it gets any water.

I pack mine pretty good, will need to do a good side by side sometime with plastic and fabric pots. I always mean to verify more things but sometimes I don't make the time for it. I appreciate the information and will try and see if there's a difference when I can and try and update my practices and post the results etc. Thank you!

I feed with a low ppm with every watering so as not to break the nutrient sequence. The plants take what they need and get adjusted to the EC. Since everything is there with every watering the plants find it easy to get what they need without having to search through a bunch of impurities. Only pure liquid feed.

My man farmer joe has been breaking down this for me over and over, and it echoes what other experts have said.

If you look at fancy dandy stuff like mulders chart, you can see that there's there's many interactions going on!

You've also mentioned CEC which I learned about from slownickel. Slo has talked so much about nutrients in soil and how they uptake, leach, what the soil lacks, etc. I don't always understand what is going on but...

As you broke it down, the way I understand it is,
If a plant was a person, you'd want to serve them a balanced meal and let them take what they need right? If you trust them to take what they need, then you wouldn't try and force the leftovers down their throat, ehehehe. So watering to runoff, that's like serving a new balanced meal while wiping the old one away, in theory. That way as you said, the plant takes what it needs every time.

That isn't to say fancy amendments or additives are useless! But a lot of this stuff, like my friends and acquaintances say, is simple science. Lucas formula, gh trio, Athena, Jack's 321, it's all designed to provide the same macro and micro nutrients. You don't need a fancy additive to provide a balanced meal. So save your dollars and look at if the price spent on something like tribus or great white is worth it, or if you could get Wallace Organic Wonder instead and put the money towards better lights or environmental control. A billion dollar facility doesn't run Resinator, they run 3 part salts and only what else is needed. Speaking to any reader in general, you already understand this clearly, OP.

I've had people ask me, how did you change your feed, when I mention it on IG. It's truly the basic concept you stated. Continuous liquid feed.

Glad you are posting, I found your posts very descriptive and informative.

I almost forgot to mention, with seedlings I kept having some trouble so sometimes I switched to a plain spray bottle to ensure I wasn't over whelming the seedling. I'm always still learning, though.

leetdood

I will be following this one keenly! Very fascinating to watch a legend work. 🤘

And here I am, watering with plain tap water with pH 8.2. Reusing the same soil too. And I almost never water to runoff. 😅
You can definitely do that also, but most people arent gonna have beautiful organic soil providing top shelf results. They either don't run large enough containers or don't have enough experience. *points to self*

The standard synthetic feed ratio is gonna be bang on close for most plants especially anything selected since the 90s. Most people aren't going to get their soil that amazing (IMO)

Freezerweed

The photoperiod starts at 12/12 after seed spouts and I slowly add hours until I hit 16 hours then start reducing back to 12/12. I have found that using Mother Nature's day/night time sequence and not letting the photoperiod stay the same very long will give me more females in the long run. Out of 15 regular seeds, I got 12 females and only 3 males. I have seen this happen many times.

View attachment 19087902

View attachment 19087903

View attachment 19087907
I have not done this, some of my seed runs, have had 70% males. I usually just start at 12 1/2 light to 11 1/2 dark. Reducing to 11/13 after presexing.