What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Creeper is creeping again.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Creeper is Creeping again.​

Hello friends. If anyone is interested, I will show you what I’ve been up to lately. Please pardon the low-grade photos because I have damaged a few cameras from trichomes. So I’m only using a cheap camera. Plus I only have one eye and it doesn't work very well. I started some seeds on Aug. 31

On this grow I’m using Fox Farms Happy Frog and Pro Mix Hp peat mix for a substrate. For seeds, I’m using some old seeds from the Mandala Safari mix. The seed is about 15 years old give or take a year or two. My grow area is 6X6 with no extra space.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I start in dixie cups to germinate the seeds and then up-pot into one-gallon pots using Happy Frog potting mix and rainwater only. I weigh the Dixie cups dry and write the dry weight on top of the Dixie cups. When the water weight gets to about 20 grams from the dry weight, I water the cups again, without having much discharge so the nutrients last longer.

IMG_6600.JPG

IMG_6607.JPG

IMG_6608.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6609.JPG
    IMG_6609.JPG
    5.4 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
For the first few weeks, the starting water is rainwater only. When the pH starts dropping due to the natural carbonic acid in the rainwater, I start adding cal-mag carbonate mixed with cal-mag nitrate to stabilize the pH while in veg.

IMG_6610.JPG

IMG_6611.JPG

IMG_6612.JPG

Last edited:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Dixies are going into one-gallon pots of FoxFarms Happy Frog. I have found that packing the soil in the pots slows down root growth and cuts oxygen. I never pack the soil and allow the watering to pack it softly. When I move a pot, I don’t allow it to hit the ground hard, either. I set it down softly or lightly to avoid compacting the substrate. Before I pot up the soil it's as light as a feather before it gets any water.

IMG_6613.JPG

IMG_6614.JPG

IMG_6617.JPG

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
For the first few weeks, the starting water is rainwater only. When the pH starts dropping due to the natural carbonic acid in the rainwater, I start adding cal-mag carbonate mixed with cal-mag nitrate to stabilize the pH while in veg. If I don't add cal mag to the pure water the pH will drop too low and cause leaf bronzing.

When I switch to RO water, I use two types of cal-mag together to fortify the RO water. My starting water is about 190 ppm of cal-mag. I use calcium carbonate cal-mag, and calcium nitrate cal-mag mixed. I only use the cal-mag mix during veg because of the nitrogen in the calcium nitrate. When the plants get this cal-mag mixture they start growing like crazy.

When the plants are ready for up-potting into large final pots, I up-pott the Happy Frog plant's soil and all directly into a large container of Pro mix Hp and switch to RO water.

IMG_6620.JPG

IMG_6621.JPG

IMG_6622.JPG

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Using the two potting mixes together will boost the C.E.C. “Cation Exchange Capacity” and should give me the hydro effect. When I say the hydro effect I'm only using a small ppm or low EC and getting big results because of the CEC boost. My nutrient fertilizer is only 110 ppm and mixed with cal mag is around 300 ppm total. When the plants go into their final pot I use the final light.

IMG_6624.JPG

IMG_6623.JPG

IMG_6626.JPG

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
As far as the lighting goes I start with an old-fashioned four bulb 4ft fluorescent fixture to germinate the seed. When the plants go into one-gallon pots I use two cheap 90-watt Bloom plus LED lights together.

When the plants are in their final pots I use a 45 in. 1450-Watt HPS Equivalence 640-Watt Grey Indoor LED Grow Light 3000K Warm White Full Spectrum light from Home Depot. I got it for $300 on sale. Now they are $500 to $600 but still well worth the money.

IMG_6628.JPG

IMG_6629.JPG

IMG_6630.JPG

Last edited:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Full house at this point. I had to move 3 females into another location to help with overcrowding.

The fertilizers I use are General Hydroponics Flora series, 3-part base nutrients with no additives. Calimagic and General Hydroponics organic cal-mag as my nutrient buffer. Only after I up-pot into large containers. I feed with a low ppm with every watering so as not to break the nutrient sequence. The plants take what they need and get adjusted to the EC. Since everything is there with every watering the plants find it easy to get what they need without having to search through a bunch of impurities. Only pure liquid feed.

IMG_6633.JPG

IMG_6635.JPG

IMG_6639.JPG

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
The photoperiod starts at 12/12 after seed spouts and I slowly add hours until I hit 16 hours then start reducing back to 12/12. I have found that using Mother Nature's day/night time sequence and not letting the photoperiod stay the same very long will give me more females in the long run. Out of 15 regular seeds, I got 12 females and only 3 males. I have seen this happen many times.

IMG_6657.JPG

IMG_6658.JPG

IMG_6659.JPG

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I vegged the plants for 45 days before I flipped, I wanted to veg for 60 days but ran out of room. The plants are in their first week of flowering now and just starting to stretch and are live. I will keep updating as the plants flower. Heres today at day 52 from seed.

IMG_6668.JPG

IMG_6671.JPG

IMG_6672.JPG

Last edited:

detox²

Veteran
I'm down too. Let's go!

Mandala Mix my first Seed ever bought in 2005. Was not really able to germinate properly. My 2 plants, both male with more sharp teeth. But I guess they put in the pack what they have at the time.