What's new

Contra D - Chem D x C4DD - Info and grow-along.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking great @Wotcha - you folks should check out the full thread over at OG - search up 'chem hunt'..

i just harvested my Contra D plant after taking some nice pics.. but there was no sim in the camera! - doh!
so i went back and took some pics of my poorly trimmed nugs instead - luckily there is minimal trimming anyway with contra D lol.
at nine weeks or a shade over, smells like a more piney chem..
contranugmacr0.jpg
contranug3.jpg
contranug2.jpg
contranug1.jpg

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was cheating a little, that pic above was taken 9 days ago.
23/25 germination (one cell had 2 seeds in it and i moved the extra seedling into a vacant cell)
looks to be about 6 'little D'/streaky twisted plants and the rest look 'big D' so far.... close to 75% which makes sense.....
contradseedlingstop.jpg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi again, ive done some light pollination of all the girls and have pretty much all of them cloned.
Nice looking plants i will try and get some proper pics in a week or so. Looking forward to sampling these!
here are a couple of them this morning under the lights, about 4 weeks.

cgfl2.jpg
CDfl1.jpg

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi all, the 7 Contra D girls are at 6-7 weeks now and really starting to pong !

i'm going to pull 2-3 out each day and take pics... i think if i took them all out of the cab in one go then i might stink the area up to much. They all smell very Chem D like but there are subtle variations.
Plant 4, this has a Victory V / Piney edge to the chem funk
contraD4@6.jpg
Contrad4cola@6.jpg

Plant 1 is very much at the sweaty/shitty end of Chem
contraD1@6.jpg
ContraD1@6nug.jpg

more Pics tomorrow.
I still have the most potent of my original Contra D girls from the test grow and that will get flowered and pollinated too. I'm interested in how the new girls match up to it as it is a real favorite of mine but these original two are very similar and the only ones i have smoked to date.

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's 3 more.

Plant 7 was short and the only one not to be topped.. so it will win the biggest cola competition against all the other topped plants. This one is Fuel, leather and a bit of pine alongside the Chem Funk
ContraD7@6untopped.jpg
ContraD7@6.jpg

Plant 5 , this is chem funk and not much else atm,
ContraD5@6nug.jpg

and Plant 3, this has a sharp fruity edge to the Chem.
ContraD3@6.jpg

2 more to show tomorrow,
VG :tiphat:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
And the last two, these seem to have a more piney / leathery / musky edge that competes with the chem.
Plant 2 is one that i have my eye on as it seemed to frost up earlier and looks a good all rounder
ContraD2@6.jpg
contraD2@6macro.jpg

Lastly plant 6
ContraD6@6.jpg
ContraD6@6macro.jpg

There is a lot of plants to get my head round here and they all smell quite a bit.. its easy to get overwhelmed after sniffing a few. perhaps one a day to evaluate the terps when they are nearly ready.
Ive kept one branch unpollinated as best i can on each plant to evaluate the smoke. Looking forward to that bit. Both of the Contra girls ive tried so far are a great tasty smoke, one is a bit more potent than the other so that one will also get seeded to add to this batch. If any of the new plants don't measure up smoke-wise then i'll not include that plant's seeds in the batch.
VG :tiphat: