What's new

Congo

PommesMitMayo

Feminized Congo, 1 month and a half old, beautiful, very vigorous plant, it smells a bit like hashish wood, I don't know how to describe it...
IMG_20240817_143037.jpg

@Onuma Sativa
It's very similar to your Congo, interesting, good luck!

I hope to share more photos soon, I'm at 40°N.

Last edited:

Uludag

Hey guys, little Congo review. I grew out a fem Seed in a smaller 3,5 Litre pot just to check out the bud of this strain. :rasta:

20240601_124506.jpg

20240618_002910.jpg

20240701_211813.jpg

After this i only did budshots sorry guys...

Finished Headbud after 60 Days of 11/13 light

20240808_200047-jpg.19048901

Lower Bud

20240808_200009-jpg.19048900

Dry Buds 2 Type of light, sorry not the best pics guys!

20240820_115106-jpg.19051092

20240820_115126-jpg.19051093

The vape of this pheno is a bit of pine i would say mixed up with woody and lemon elements. Not the loudest terps but i grew it in this summer @ 30°C so its pretty fine.

The high is very pleasant, i would say ace description for it is fitting very well. You get a really good mood, its like a smokable antidepressants. You get some energy, no problem to do some home chores or work. Its social and you can easily connect to people and because it isnt to strong i would also say this weed could kinda fit for everybody. No bad vibes or something from it. You wanna dance if the music is playing.^^
I could imagine on a party with people with low tollerance this weed would be shine! Because this type of feeling is what most people want good mood and not to strong. :rasta:

Like i said my phenotype wasnt the strongest but the effect out of it is really nice.(y)

Onuma Sativa

@Onuma Sativa
It's very similar to your Congo, interesting, good luck!
Yes, they look quite similar. And here she is now, after 4.5 month :

full

She is a bit over 2m high.

The smell from the stems is stable : bike tires rubber. Maybe a bit of turpentine in the lowest parts of the main stem. Will the flowers have some more pleasant aroma ? We'll see... or better, smell.
And btw, she is flowering since this week.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Yes, they look quite similar. And here she is now, after 4.5 month :

full

She is a bit over 2m high.

The smell from the stems is stable : bike tires rubber. Maybe a bit of turpentine in the lowest parts of the main stem. Will the flowers have some more pleasant aroma ? We'll see... or better, smell.
And btw, she is flowering since this week.

Thanks for the frequent updates this summer @Onuma :) yeah some Congos (especially fems) can grow very columnar. I like to prune such expressions early on (as soon as they show their type of growth) to improve side branching and lateral growth.

Congo fems produce delicious terpenes once in flowering and post harvest, don't be afraid from strange stem rubs, let's wait until she is more advanced into flowering to judge better her terpene profile.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hey guys, little Congo review. I grew out a fem Seed in a smaller 3,5 Litre pot just to check out the bud of this strain. :rasta:

View attachment 19052938

View attachment 19052939

View attachment 19052937

After this i only did budshots sorry guys...

Finished Headbud after 60 Days of 11/13 light

20240808_200047-jpg.19048901

Lower Bud

20240808_200009-jpg.19048900

Dry Buds 2 Type of light, sorry not the best pics guys!

20240820_115106-jpg.19051092

20240820_115126-jpg.19051093

The vape of this pheno is a bit of pine i would say mixed up with woody and lemon elements. Not the loudest terps but i grew it in this summer @ 30°C so its pretty fine.

The high is very pleasant, i would say ace description for it is fitting very well. You get a really good mood, its like a smokable antidepressants. You get some energy, no problem to do some home chores or work. Its social and you can easily connect to people and because it isnt to strong i would also say this weed could kinda fit for everybody. No bad vibes or something from it. You wanna dance if the music is playing.^^
I could imagine on a party with people with low tollerance this weed would be shine! Because this type of feeling is what most people want good mood and not to strong. :rasta:

Like i said my phenotype wasnt the strongest but the effect out of it is really nice.(y)

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience and feedback @Uludag :smoke: much appreciated.

As is typical with this Congolese sativa/Pakistani indica hybrid, it begins with a robust indica shaped structure during the first month of life, later transforming into flowering with a plethora of African sativa traits. Like your girl, displaying strong African sativa traits, natural green sativa color with a slight dark hue. Glad you found that your girl also had the happy, social, energetic effects we talk about on the strain description. Enjoy! ;)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Congo is starting to flower, it has small pink tones in the buds and the resin smells metallic with hints of berries, curious that it doesn't branch at all, we'll see how it continues... View attachment 19059817 View attachment 19059819 View attachment 19059818

Welcome to ICMag @PommesMitMayo :) and thanks for your support!

Healthy, happy and indeed very columnar Congo. You can expect a huge main cola from this plant.
Inspect often inside the buds when main cola starts to get big and dense, and of course check for worms.

To achieve bigger plants at same location, start 2 months earlier next seasons, so you have the time during their growth to prune and shape the plants as you wish. Also, sexually matured plants after a long growth react faster to flowering than same genetics from young plants.

PommesMitMayo

Welcome to ICMag @PommesMitMayo :) and thanks for your support!

Healthy, happy and indeed very columnar Congo. You can expect a huge main cola from this plant.
Inspect often inside the buds when main cola starts to get big and dense, and of course check for worms.

To achieve bigger plants at same location, start 2 months earlier next seasons, so you have the time during their growth to prune and shape the plants as you wish. Also, sexually matured plants after a long growth react faster to flowering than same genetics from young plants.
Thanks for the welcome, it's a pleasure to have one of the breeders here. It's the first time I've grown from Ace Seeds, Congo was a last minute replacement, it wasn't planned, it was germinated at the beginning of July... I'll keep an eye out for possible worms, at the moment i'm using "Bacillus thuringiensis" to keep them away... I'll share photos soon.