What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Colored Live Pistils

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
I had a seed plant catch my eye. I grew a cut of her to make seeds with. Neither of those two grows of her produced pink pistils. Now, a cut of her outdoors is expressing pink. Also outdoors is three of her daughters from the seed making round. One of the three just started showing pink hues a couple days ago. Nothing yet from the other two. Interesting that twice this trait did not show indoors, but does outdoors. From seed she flowered under LED and as a seed making mother, under HPS. Curious now to see the frequency of pink in her progeny, or if it will express at all indoors.

Mom:
IMG_2213.jpeg

IMG_2216.jpeg

Daughter:
IMG_2215.jpeg

Vallen

Premium user
I had a seed plant catch my eye. I grew a cut of her to make seeds with. Neither of those two grows of her produced pink pistils. Now, a cut of her outdoors is expressing pink. Also outdoors is three of her daughters from the seed making round. One of the three just started showing pink hues a couple days ago. Nothing yet from the other two. Interesting that twice this trait did not show indoors, but does outdoors. From seed she flowered under LED and as a seed making mother, under HPS. Curious now to see the frequency of pink in her progeny, or if it will express at all indoors.

Mom:
View attachment 19051741
View attachment 19051742

Daughter:
View attachment 19051743
Thanks for this information. I was just talking to my growmie. We were wondering if the hps vs. Led lights affect things, like type of high, colored pistils, etc. I have LEDs where you can change the spectrum. I keep it on flowering mode. I do have a pinkleberry in flower right now. Might just put it outside. See if it will show the pink. When i grew under HPS years ago, i had a plant throw fire engine red pistils.

JetLife175

Veteran
From what I remember this got Sussed out a long time ago on the MNS boards and the conclusion was that it comes from afghani genetics.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Strain/cultivar? Indoors/outdoor?
Sorry about that. She’s the daughter pictured above but further along, outdoors, 42N. She is: (AB G-13 x (AB G-13 x God Bud)) X AMM [Afghan Mix Male from TRSC]

I only popped four from this chuck and got three girls, two of which are showing pink, like their mother.

View attachment 19055678
More Sun intensity = more color :)

Maybe not necessarily intensity but rather abundance of?

https://www.mlive.com/weather/2024/09/theres-a-really-bright-spot-in-michigans-dry-september.html
:tiphat:

EnjoyingLife

Mom:
View attachment 19051741
View attachment 19051742

Daughter:
View attachment 19051743
It's been awhile since I've read the thread but I think the colored pistils in aces panama only come out in the sun or it's rare they show indoors. But if you take the plant outside(clone or same plant) it will express as such assuming it's the right pheno.
I bring this up as it may be what's happening here...

Latest posts

Latest posts