What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Colored Live Pistils

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
I had a seed plant catch my eye. I grew a cut of her to make seeds with. Neither of those two grows of her produced pink pistils. Now, a cut of her outdoors is expressing pink. Also outdoors is three of her daughters from the seed making round. One of the three just started showing pink hues a couple days ago. Nothing yet from the other two. Interesting that twice this trait did not show indoors, but does outdoors. From seed she flowered under LED and as a seed making mother, under HPS. Curious now to see the frequency of pink in her progeny, or if it will express at all indoors.

Mom:
IMG_2213.jpeg

IMG_2216.jpeg

Daughter:
IMG_2215.jpeg

Vallen

Premium user
I had a seed plant catch my eye. I grew a cut of her to make seeds with. Neither of those two grows of her produced pink pistils. Now, a cut of her outdoors is expressing pink. Also outdoors is three of her daughters from the seed making round. One of the three just started showing pink hues a couple days ago. Nothing yet from the other two. Interesting that twice this trait did not show indoors, but does outdoors. From seed she flowered under LED and as a seed making mother, under HPS. Curious now to see the frequency of pink in her progeny, or if it will express at all indoors.

Mom:
View attachment 19051741
View attachment 19051742

Daughter:
View attachment 19051743
Thanks for this information. I was just talking to my growmie. We were wondering if the hps vs. Led lights affect things, like type of high, colored pistils, etc. I have LEDs where you can change the spectrum. I keep it on flowering mode. I do have a pinkleberry in flower right now. Might just put it outside. See if it will show the pink. When i grew under HPS years ago, i had a plant throw fire engine red pistils.

JetLife175

Veteran
From what I remember this got Sussed out a long time ago on the MNS boards and the conclusion was that it comes from afghani genetics.