What's new

Coco Tree's

paperchaser825

I think my favorite part of this thread so far, you know, besides the invaluable knowledge that was disseminated, was the troll with the tent grow. LOL. I seen better specimens when running across seeds a bird shit.

Desert Hydro

Veteran
how many of you guys ever try h202 in coco with every feed?

seems to work real well and no need for bennies

can you flush with h202?

been using bleach for the last few weeks because I had a root zone pathogen. I may just dose them once in a while now.

I thought about h2o2 but the results are fairly similar at a fraction of the price on bleach.

I would think h202 would be better to flush with than bleach. I stop during flush even though it breaks down very rapidly

Desert Hydro

Veteran
Bleach at .4ml per gallon when there's an active infection for the first couple days with heavy runoff. After that .2ml per gallon for continuous use.

35% peroxide is at 4ml per gallon iirc

onavelzy

Veteran
Bleach at .4ml per gallon when there's an active infection for the first couple days with heavy runoff. After that .2ml per gallon for continuous use.

35% peroxide is at 4ml per gallon iirc

There's different strength bleaches on shelves, 5.25%, 6%, 8%, 10% and higher. Do you know what strength of bleach you have been using?.

ReeferDan

man reading this thread and others such as the rockwool thread you had is actually inspiring. it makes me and others aspire to be better growers. especially in a job/hobby that can sometimes be very repetitive its nice to come to a thread like this and come away with new ideas to work with or to look at things with different perspective.
im definitely not alone in being thankful and appreciative to what you have tried to give back to the coco growers community here.:tiphat:

Any archive or link to the RW thread? Building a setup now and want to run rw, but mimic these techniques, if they differ for rw I’m interested as DJM has next level tactics that we should all follow!

ThenewCropman

Huge respect to DJM and all the experienced people in this community.

Doing coco for my first time, and only having 3 cycles in my past with soil it could be interesting! With the amount of knowledge I obtained through this forum ( reading multiple times) I think I have a great place to start and hone my own environment. I will recommend any future or current grow in this direction!

Thank you again everyone,

DJM

Book is still in the works just taken a back seat to a facility I'm currently building

My Ig isn't gone I just changed my name few months back

I now go by "thelonetree_"

djm isn't a name I can use or market legally in the new industry nor would I want to, so i had to retire it. Someone took my old donjuanmatus handle on IG but that's NOT me

Book is still in the works just taken a back seat to a facility I'm currently building

djm isn't a name I can use or market legally in the new industry nor would I want to, so i had to retire it. Someone took my old donjuanmatus handle on IG but that's NOT me
Damn I followed that person! Ill follow you on that name in a bit. I learned alot from your thread man. Thank you! I got a uestion, might as well ask to ignite the thread back up, If I feed say 800ppm and I test the runoff and its say 1200, does that mean theres a buildup going in the coco? If I feed say 800 but the runoff is 400, does that mean the plants want more so I add 400ppm? Ive asked canna and they told me runoff ec is not an accurate way to gauge the levels of salt in the coco because coco releases potassium ion etc. Thanks for your time!

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
I got a uestion, might as well ask to ignite the thread back up, If I feed say 800ppm and I test the runoff and its say 1200, does that mean theres a buildup going in the coco? If I feed say 800 but the runoff is 400, does that mean the plants want more so I add 400ppm? Ive asked canna and they told me runoff ec is not an accurate way to gauge the levels of salt in the coco because coco releases potassium ion etc. Thanks for your time!

Runoff ppm higher than feed ppm typically means either feed nutrient ratios are imbalanced, feed strength too high, ph imbalance (often caused by imbalanced/too strong of feed) or excess transpiration/evaporation increasing salt concentration in the medium (water leaving faster than food).

In coco watering once a day or multiple times a day with correct strength and nutrient ratio ph corrected feed should eliminate most potential issues (never give plain water). Many people feed the same strength feed in coco from cutting all the way through flower (around 600ppm) with little or no runoff without problems. Midwest toker has mentioned preferring plastic containers over fabric/air pots in coco to better control evaporation/transpiration.

Most of your build-up problems happen from over feeding or a improper balance of your nutrient profile for your plants.

Last edited:

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran

The nerve.

Runoff ppm higher than feed ppm typically means either feed nutrient ratios are imbalanced, feed strength too high, ph imbalance (often caused by imbalanced/too strong of feed) or excess transpiration/evaporation increasing salt concentration in the medium (water leaving faster than food).

In coco watering once a day or multiple times a day with correct strength and nutrient ratio ph corrected feed should eliminate most potential issues (never give plain water). Many people feed the same strength feed in coco from cutting all the way through flower (around 600ppm) with little or no runoff without problems. Midwest toker has mentioned preferring plastic containers over fabric/air pots in coco to better control evaporation/transpiration.
My ph is always is always 5.8-6.3. I might be feeding too much then. I went to 1.4-1.8 peak flower (with a nutrient profile given by @snowcrash).

Latest posts

Latest posts