What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

CO2----Do I need it in my grow room?

Maybe-123

I'm interested in learning about the need for CO2 in my grow room. I would appreciate it if experienced growers could share some information with me.

whiteberrieS

I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran
I've never used it. But I've never become a weed millionaire.coincidence? Perhaps. I know they like 500-600 ppm which is only +100ppm vs ambient grade. Depends on you room, if you got a 20*40 yeah you need c02 if you got a tent you're good

Airflow is key for small grows, fresh air 💯

Ventilation unless youre running 400 plants

stiff

Veteran
If you would like to experiment with co²...get some yeast and mix it with sugar. I'm sure there's heaps of tricks to learn about it on youtube.
All you need is a bucket,some jelly,yeast and sugar. If it's a thick jelly it'll last quite a while and keeps pushing out co² constantly

xtsho

If you would like to experiment with co²...get some yeast and mix it with sugar. I'm sure there's heaps of tricks to learn about it on youtube.
All you need is a bucket,some jelly,yeast and sugar. If it's a thick jelly it'll last quite a while and keeps pushing out co² constantly

Oh good grief. That's a complete waste of time.

Stop the nonsense. Seriously? Jelly, yeast, and sugar? Good grief. Where the hell did you learn that from?

Complete waste of jelly, yeast, and sugar.

I'm not trying to be an asshole but the advice you are giving is not good.

You might think your Co2 advice is good but in reality it's 100% junk science and pure garbage.

Stop doing it yourself and please stop telling people to make Co2 out of jelly. Good grief. What's next? Burn Deer bones or some other nonsense?

stiff

Veteran
@xtsho
I'm not gonna waste anymore of my time with this..but if you think sugar and yeast together doesn't produce co², you didn't pay attention at chemistry.

I agree that it's not worth it in a tent and for a small number of plants.
I literally said if someone wants to experiment,that's the way to go as it's cheap.

The ones that are interested will find out why I mentioned the jelly, to the rest...don't fly to high if you don't wanna burn your wings, Ikarus!
I can't stand keyboard warriors...one google search would have sorted you out,but you're a lazy bunch who knows it all 🤷‍♂️

Whatever you do with co², don't poison yourself..measure it!

Ps...I'm glad you realised what you sounded like 😉

Maybe-123

I've never used it. But I've never become a weed millionaire.coincidence? Perhaps. I know they like 500-600 ppm which is only +100ppm vs ambient grade. Depends on you room, if you got a 20*40 yeah you need c02 if you got a tent you're good

Airflow is key for small grows, fresh air 💯

Ventilation unless youre running 400 plants
Thanks for your information

xtsho

@xtsho
I'm not gonna waste anymore of my time with this..but if you think sugar and yeast together doesn't produce co², you didn't pay attention at chemistry.

I agree that it's not worth it in a tent and for a small number of plants.
I literally said if someone wants to experiment,that's the way to go as it's cheap.

The ones that are interested will find out why I mentioned the jelly, to the rest...don't fly to high if you don't wanna burn your wings, Ikarus!
I can't stand keyboard warriors...one google search would have sorted you out,but you're a lazy bunch who knows it all 🤷‍♂️

Whatever you do with co², don't poison yourself..measure it!

Ps...I'm glad you realised what you sounded like 😉

Nobody said sugar and yeast don't produce Co2. Putting a bucket of jelly soup in your grow tent isn't going to make enough Co2 to make a difference. It's a silly idea and waste of jelly. It's better used with peanut butter between a couple slices of bread.

Have fun with your bucket of jelly while you fly on your wings like an eagle.