What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

CO2----Do I need it in my grow room?

revegeta666

Not ICMag Donor
Nobody said sugar and yeast don't produce Co2. Putting a bucket of jelly soup in your grow tent isn't going to make enough Co2 to make a difference. It's a silly idea and waste of jelly. It's better used with peanut butter between a couple slices of bread.

Have fun with your bucket of jelly while you fly on your wings like an eagle.
Wait but didn't you know we exhale CO2 when we breathe? The only thing you have to do is to burp over your plants! Did you fail chemistry class or what?

@Maybe-123 Jokes aside. No you don't need to supplement CO2. Stay away from the gimmicky CO2 bags that do nothing. Stay away from dumb methods like eating beans and farting on your plants. If you want to supplement CO2, the only real way to do it is using a pressurized CO2 tank, a PPM meter, and a 100% airtight tent or grow with controlled intake/outtake. But you don't need any of that (y)

Last edited:

unnamedmike

Nobody said sugar and yeast don't produce Co2. Putting a bucket of jelly soup in your grow tent isn't going to make enough Co2 to make a difference. It's a silly idea and waste of jelly. It's better used with peanut butter between a couple slices of bread.

Have fun with your bucket of jelly while you fly on your wings like an eagle.
I have a 20l jug with an airlock in my indoor, enough to keep the CO2 levels at an adequate level. The 20l last a week and the co2 always stays above 600 in my 40m2 room (sealed room with AC)
Screenshot 2024-08-07 102914.png

BerryManilow

I've been running co2 for 15+ years, using tanks & a co2 generator.

Do you need it in your grow room? No. If you're bringing in fresh air constantly with ac, then you're replenishing the air with enough co2 for plants to grow and function well. If you're not bringing in fresh air constantly, then I'd recommend using co2.

There are benefits to using it. My plants grow faster, finish earlier, the smell is much more pronounced, and since making the switch to LEDs, using supplemental co2 has made some significant differences in my finished flower. Bigger yields, higher cannabinoid levels, higher terpene levels, tastier smoke, and some of the most beautiful flowers I've ever seen from these strains.

xtsho

I have a 20l jug with an airlock in my indoor, enough to keep the CO2 levels at an adequate level. The 20l last a week and the co2 always stays above 600 in my 40m2 room (sealed room with AC)
View attachment 19044624

That proves absolutely nothing. Put the meter outside of the room and see what the readings are.

CO2 levels indoors in occupied buildings are typically around 600 ppm to 800 ppm or 0.06% to 0.08% in concentration.

unnamedmike

That proves absolutely nothing. Put the meter outside of the room and see what the readings are.

CO2 levels indoors in occupied buildings are typically around 600 ppm to 800 ppm or 0.06% to 0.08% in concentration.
My co2 meter is inside a SEALED room, proves everything. The meter was calibrated outside at 600ppm.
It's funny how people who don't have the slightest experience on a topic deny the experience of someone who does ...

Last edited:

xtsho

My co2 meter is inside a SEALED room, proves everything. The meter was calibrated outside at 600ppm.

If you want to keep a jelly jug in your grow room go right ahead but if you actually want to have enough CO2 to make a difference then you need either a generator or tank. And those with a tent indoors that is replenishing the air are getting just as much CO2 as you are without a jug of jelly.

1723045871022.png

New growers read stuff online and then think they need to add CO2. They don't. It's the final piece of the puzzle once everything else is dialed in. But it's not needed and if it is used you need more than what some potion bubbling away in a jug produces to have any real benefit.

unnamedmike

If you want to keep a jelly jug in your grow room go right ahead but if you actually want to have enough CO2 to make a difference then you need either a generator or tank. And those with a tent indoors that is replenishing the air are getting just as much CO2 as you are without a jug of jelly.

View attachment 19044634

New growers read stuff online and then think they need to add CO2. They don't. It's the final piece of the puzzle once everything else is dialed in. But it's not needed and if it is used you need more than what some potion bubbling away in a jug produces to have any real benefit.
Without my co2 generator (yeast generator) the ppm drops to under 400 and stays there, with a 20L generator I reach 700ppm, with two around 900. I make my wine and my beer in those co2 generators, also the grow controller that run the co2 meter is my software/code and my hardware, developed for years.

Funny that you say that a yeast co2 generator is useless, you just have to do the math to calculate that in 5kg of sugar there are 1244 liters of co2 (2.46 kg) you can generate co2 by burning, fermenting, breathing, composting, growing mushrooms, buying bottles, etc. co2 is co2

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts