What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Ciskei

S

shokdee

Nice grow, would like to try this myself one day! I hope to visit the Ciskei area of South Africa, later this year to get a feel for the environment. As Tropical seeds make clear, this area is a rich mix of genetics.

We would like to be honest so we cant say 100% sure (althought we´ve investigated and searched all the info avaible) this plant is a sativa landrace or it could have any other influence in it because these regions have been European colonies till entered the XX century. Nevertheless some traits and its stimulating effect make us think its still a pure sativa one!

Last edited:

Illuminate

Keyboard Warrior
Veteran
Swazi x Ciskai freebies.

Swazi x Ciskai freebies.

picture.php
picture.php

Last edited:
Where I am from the Bushmans (original strain's name) is still a very popular outdoor strain and most clone shops offer it as a cut. I have grown both cut and seeds indoors, it is not the biggest yielder but a fast strain and the smoke is smooth with a nice uplifting high that still lets you function. Actually one of my personal favourites, but too weak for people who expect a knockout stone. The cut I grew recently was ready for harvest in 7 weeks, buds were rather dense and had a good bag appeal.

non

Veteran
this is what the tropical seeds page says:

Strain: Ciskei
Strain Type: Highland SouthAfrican 5th generation
Type: Regular
Flowering times: 55-65 days
Yield: High yielder indoor and outdoors
Bouquet: From pine-green apple-spicy to more fruity and citric
Effect: Sativa high, stimulating and funny
Breeder: Herbaria ( SW ), HdB ( IT ), aeros ( SP )

Here is a picture of a local Bushmans cut 5 weeks into flowering for you guys. Smelling delicious and quite a bit of resin even on the fan leaves too.

picture.php

Don't know if it is a selection of the original Herbaria stock or the later remake by Nectar seeds. Who cares, to me it just matters that this one is a great plant :)