What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Click the link to join now and let's grow together! https://discord.gg/2RRJW2XCZU
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Chocolate Thai?

MileHighGlass

that just seems crazy to me. after they seen her and still didn't want it. pretty set in there ways i guess. i don't blame you i would keep her ass to. maybe one day in the near future i will see these beans out and i know now to jump on them

peace

I am making some Back Cross seeds this year with her.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
That looks awesome. I would definitely be scouring F2' crosses and selfing it looking for some chocolatey goodness.

Anyone run those Chocolate diesel f2's that are floating around? Or the GG4 X Chocolate diesel or any of the other crosses?

Hope it's ok to post in here, it is my understanding that chocolate diesel is Chocolate trip X Sour diesel so I feel it's kind of relevant.

Icemud

Can anyone speak to the effects of Drawoh's chocolate thai? Or Snowhigh's chocolate thai gear?

Was wondering what the high on their versions is like.
I ran Hazemans Chocolate Thai F4's which was a small batch seed run he did about 2 years ago, which I believe are Drawoh Chocolate Thai 2.5 x Drawoh Chocolate Thai 2.5 done by hazeman.

Let me say, first of all, Very nice work DrawOh! I'm blessed to have gotten a chance to try and now have these legendary genetics.

Let me say finding male plants in this batch was extremely hard, but after popping around 15-20 seeds I finally got 2 males.. Woohoo! lol I was doing a open pollen project and selected a few nice phenotypes over 3 different seed popping runs and here is what I noticed.

There definitely is still some influence from the Big Sur Holyweed down the line, as I noticed 2 distinct leaf types, a more sativa dom/landrace type thin blade, and a more "hybrid" looking type leaf which was much fatter leaflets. The plants also had 2 different structures which were a more "hybrid" type, stacked look with average node length, lots of budsites and nice dense stalks. The other structure was very tall, lanky sativa/landrace type structure with long internodes. The buds also had 2 different structures, again one took a more "hybrid" type look with nice thick frosty dense but long nugs, and the other bud structure was sativa/landrace type looking with very large colas made up of frosty, whispy bud spears, but was much more airy, with long bud spindles making up the large colas.

Terpenes between the females were very very similar more than different. Out of all of the strains I have grown over the years (probably close to 75-100+) I've never smelled anything like chocolate thai... There was virtually ZERO "weed smell" to them and instead the buds and plants smelled of (cigar tobacco, cardboard, autumn baked goods spices like cloves and cinnamon, and slight hints of chocolate)

The high though was the most distinct feeling from the Chocolate Thai, simply amazing. I guess the best way to describe the high was completely pure, clean, uplifting, and energetic, almost like those days you wake up and the suns out, the tempature is perfect and it just "feels like the best day/feeling ever"... Well thats pretty much how the Chocolate Thai made me feel. The high seemed to come on in waves, were at first the headchange was subtle, but with each wave or plateau of highness, it got more intense, my smile got bigger, and it almost felt like you were gently being pulled from your head upwards and I felt extremely good and floaty. There was a slight "trippy" type high to it as well, where you kind of think you would see something quickly out of the corner of your eye and then laugh to yourself knowing it was just your mind... Overall I've never experienced any high so pure, clean and uplifting with no panic/anxiety type rush with it. Absolutely amazing! I can't say I was stoned, It would be better said I was uplifted.

I didn't do the best job on growing these as screwed up late flowering slightly roasting the plants with too high of a feeding, but they still turned out amazing. There also were 2 distinct flowering finish times in the phenos. A couple of the more "hybrid" structure ones finished around day 70 (from the flip) and the other sativa/landrace looking ones I pulled around day 104 but they probably could have gone even longer.

Shorter "hybrid" phenotypes:
Chocolate Thai #5 (1).jpg

Chocolate Thai #5 (5).jpg

Longer Sativa/Landrace phenotypes:

Chocolate Thai pheno 6 (2).jpg

Chocolate Thai pheno 6 (1).jpg

A dried bud from Pheno 5 (hybrid looking one) above:
20210312_030307.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts