What's new

Check out this plant from seeds labeled "1978"

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
That is really weird Cannared even flowering males will reverse back to veg state under 18/6 in say 4 or so weeks.

I'm guessing it being in beginning of flower caused the "monster crop" type hormonal growth, but jeez!! She just really likes pumping out pistils. 😂
its starting to get crazy.
I bet she really would have been a monster if I didn't bend her over and tie her down so much.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I chopped alot back and left a few branches that look closest to being back in veg.

It looks like now its just showing 2 pistils at each node as opposed to many.

**EDIT** I'll have to get another pic, for some reason it did not save.

Last edited:

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Its been a long strange trip with this one
IMG_20211101_121802109_HDR.jpg
IMG_20211101_121645600_HDR.jpg
IMG_20211101_121706924_HDR.jpg

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
image_2084793.jpg
She's just sprouted her first 5 fingered leaf since I was given the clone!

Hopefully I will be able to take several cuttings of her soon when all branches are fully in veg.
There's no way I'll be able to bloom this strain in this 2x2.
I'll wait till my 4x4 is empty and I'll stick a couple in there where there will be plenty of room to tie her down. This one wants bondage.

Last edited:

WelderDan

✓
Veteran
That first pic looks a lot like the Colombian Red we were growing from bagseed in '78-'79. The lower leaves were big and fat just like that, and as the plant got older and taller the leaves got skinnier. Looks like a blast from the past.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Before I moved I found hundreds of seeds from extremely strong columbian red from around 1992. We thought it might have been treated with something. They are buried in a bin somewhere, but did not think there would be any chance of them sprouting. Were stored in a screw top makeup type container. Will try germinating a handful if I find them.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I have an ink pen from the 80s that's is full of seeds. Seeing that old seeds can survive in less than optimal storage, inspires me to start popping those

AntidoteMan

Fascinating story man. I love hearing about old seeds being found and tested. Looks a hell of a lot better outside, I'll tell you that... hopefully you can stabilize it enough to make some seeds..

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Latest pics.
I moved her out of the 2x2 and into a 3x3 under my second fc3000.

She grows fast!

In two days she started pushing the scrognet up in the center.

I'm waiting to get a couple cuts rooted and then I'm flipping to bloom.

First cut is already putting out a root
IMG_20211118_135954851.jpg
IMG_20211118_135949797.jpg
IMG_20211118_141425647.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20211118_135939419.jpg
    IMG_20211118_135939419.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 28

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Speaking of scrognets I need to find something better.

I like the bungee nets, but the holes are too big.
I find the spacing works better for me if I use a bigger net.
I put 4x4 nets in the 3x3s and 3x3s in the 2x2.
I tried the twine netting. I like that I can just cut it at harvest, but I wish it was a little more sturdy.

I did see some black rope netting that had small holes and was thicker rope.

...CR500AF...

Hey Canna, i built a wood frame to cover the space, then i got some quality heavy string tied the first set one way then the other across with a single rap around the first set that you can slide the squares around and make them any size you want. I use them to open the plant's up in the center a bit, really handy for that. just thought i throw that out might give you an idea or two...:)

Last edited:

Wolverine97

Veteran
That is really weird Cannared even flowering males will reverse back to veg state under 18/6 in say 4 or so weeks.

I'm betting this is root initiated. I have one that does this as soon as it gets anything close to root bound, and once it starts, it's several cycles of cloning, vegging, cloning, etc to get it back to full veg state. So I'd try much larger containers with this one being discussed (I realize it isn't yours, just saying in general).

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I'm betting this is root initiated. I have one that does this as soon as it gets anything close to root bound, and once it starts, it's several cycles of cloning, vegging, cloning, etc to get it back to full veg state. So I'd try much larger containers with this one being discussed (I realize it isn't yours, just saying in general).

Hiya Wolverine97 that is really interesting not seen it my self.

I keep mom or clones i want to flower once they reach a set size in say 2lt and i keep moms for a year max but try to replace every 6 months for moms.

I cut them back often as you can imagine sativa or sativa heavy hybrids would need to be often.

I have taken clones of matured flowering plants and re vegged them but they took longer to roots in short by the time they root the clones re vegging.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Hey hempy when you cut the plants back, do you also cut the roots back after a while?

Hi CannaRed no i never cut the roots and i also try to limit how many times i transplant a plant from pot to pot at most i will transplant once as i put them into flower.

Cutting roots or transplanting involves shocking the plant i feel the less you do that the better.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Hi CannaRed no i never cut the roots and i also try to limit how many times i transplant a plant from pot to pot at most i will transplant once as i put them into flower.

Cutting roots or transplanting involves shocking the plant i feel the less you do that the better.

I was just wondering... I see the bonsai tree growers do that very often for keeping plants in small pots. And many of them will prune roots whenever they prune branches

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I was just wondering... I see the bonsai tree growers do that very often for keeping plants in small pots. And many of them will prune roots whenever they prune branches

I have seen a few people over the years on the forum post about keeping Bonsai moms but that's a lot of work.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Today I set the hours back to 18hours. I have 3 rooted potted clones and another rooted clone in the cloner, and just in case I stuck three more in the cloner.
I want to see if she blooms at 18 hours. I'll then drop her down to bloom her. She's going to fill the 3x3. Lol.

Attachments

• photo2091176.jpg
    photo2091176.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 27
  • photo2091177.jpg
    photo2091177.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 26