What's new

Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Whatever trouble occurs, regard it as no more than a dream, and think only of the Lotus Sutra."

(Letter to the Brothers - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 502) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, November 16th, 2006

If I understand correctly some of you are able to meet with others and chant??? How do I become a part of that? I think this would be a great benefit in my life right now.

Bonzo

Veteran
Good evening my chanting friends, do i sound like count Dracula when i say that?

I really like the idea of regarding trouble as a dream and thinking only of the Lotus Sutra, its kinda wierd that just seems to occurr naturally these days depending on the size of the problem. Trippy thing is what buges me most is when i see people making such big deals out of little obstacles, as if they strive on the negetivaty that oozes forth, remember me? Mountains out of molehills guy? That has certainly changed in my life, what an INCREDIBLE GIFT THAT IS!!!!!!! But what to do about the people that get under my skin by doin what i used to do?

SHAKUBUKU BROHAM!!!!!!!!!!

wooooooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PEACE

BONZ

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nam myoho renge kyo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Last edited:

Bonzo

Veteran
Howdy leonardo dude! Yes we get together and chant and share daily experiences or sometimes experiences the have taken some time to manifest themselves.

GOOGLE SGI International if your not in the states, if you are in the startes google SGI USA. You will easily be able to locate the center nearest you and from there find home groups (districts) and start chanting with others, you wont regret it it is awesome, do not hesitate to ask questions here.

peace

bonz :wave:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nam myoho renge kyo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Last edited:

Bonzo

Veteran
One thing i failed to mention Leonardo is that , yes it may be a good thing in your lif RIGHT NOW but , it is a great thing in your life FOREVER, if you start practicing and never stop, the benefits never stop so why would anyone want to stop?

just my 2 cents

hope you find what you are looking for, you may have allready found it!!

peace

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nam myoho renge kyo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Bonzo said:
One thing i failed to mention Leonardo is that , yes it may be a good thing in your lif RIGHT NOW but , it is a great thing in your life FOREVER, if you start practicing and never stop, the benefits never stop so why would anyone want to stop?

just my 2 cents

hope you find what you are looking for, you may have allready found it!!

peace

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nam myoho renge kyo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hey thanks, I didn't mean to give the impression I did though. I meant it would be a good thing now because I have been bad off and the buddhism I have found has been such a glowing becon of hope for me through it, I never meant to ipply it would be good for the moment and that I have the intent to stop down the line.

Bonzo

Veteran
Sorry if i implied that you were just beginning or had not even started Leonardo, please excuse me. However the main thing is there is a Center 5 min's from your house!!!!!!

WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO MAN!!!!!!!!!!!

have fun!! and keep us all posted!

peace

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nam myoho renge kyo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Last edited:

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Leonardo thats great a center 5 minutes from your house!! wooohooo!!! Sounds like a short trip to spend some great time. Im sure if you stop by the SGI center you will find some wonderful interesting people. Amazing how they are within 5 minutes :) First Sunday of every month is Kosen Rufu Gongyo :) Of course thats a couple weeks away ... not sure i could wait that long.
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
On another note, the mystic kids continue to display their innate fortune from their past-life relationship with the Law. All of them are now chanting now except the twins. In a recent issue of the leading childrens magazine in our region of the world, they were given thirteen pages. All are also already speaking Japanese. Gee! That seemed awful quick! Things that make you go hmmmmm...

I will be away from tomorrow and return the evening of the day after. Going on an SGI activity with about 80 others. I'm giving my experience (20 minutes), leading two study sessions (40 minutes each), and reading out loud the entire Gosho, "On Attaining Buddhahood in this Lifetime."

Vice President Takimoto will attend and I have submitted a question for his guidance. I've also requested personal guidance and have been told I will get it either now or later. I am being put in charge of English language Gosho study from this point forward. And I host our monthly mens meetings.

I guess I'm back to practicing with the SGI again, huh dudes? Thank you Avid! Thank you Hitman! Thank you SoCal! Thank you Bud! Thank you Myoho! Thank you Bonz! Thank you Always! Thank you Everybody! I hope more people receive their Gononzons as soon as they can.

I bow in obeisance to all!

Thomas

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
CONGRATS TO LEO! ONLY A BODHISATTVA OF THE EARTH ASKS WHERE THEY CAN FIND OTHERS TO CHANT WITH. I GUARANTEE YOU RESULTS. YOUR CONNECTION TO THE LAW IS STRONG. CHANT WITH A SEEKING SPIRIT AND YOU WILL SEE YOUR WAY THROUGH ALL OF YOUR OBSTACLES. YOU ARE GOING TO BLOW YOUR OWN MIND!

GO FOR IT!

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Such great news to know that you are full on back with the SGI. This thread has been absolutley amazing. To have the benefit of your knowledge and experience on a daily baisis is of great benefit to all the members around you. T you are like a buddhist arsonist. Wherever you go buddhism spreads like wild fire. Definetly the "Shakabuku Brother". I bow in obeisance to you PTD
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Last edited:
PassTheDoobie said:
CONGRATS TO LEO! ONLY A BODHISATTVA OF THE EARTH ASKS WHERE THEY CAN FIND OTHERS TO CHANT WITH. I GUARANTEE YOU RESULTS. YOUR CONNECTION TO THE LAW IS STRONG. CHANT WITH A SEEKING SPIRIT AND YOU WILL SEE YOUR WAY THROUGH ALL OF YOUR OBSTACLES. YOU ARE GOING TO BLOW YOUR OWN MIND!

GO FOR IT!

I really hope so my friend because I just had another "episode" and I am in real bad shape, heart was racing, feeling like everything is a random like transforming 3d ball thing I dunno its horrible, everything I look at reminds me of these "trips" "flashbacks" and I fear I won't last long physically. From this day forward I quit smoking herb. :(

NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO!

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's up to you, dude. You MUST make the effort to do what you have to do to get to that activity center. Make just that goal your focused first step. Make sure you chant every day. Don't skip. Do what you gotta do, and you'll be fine. I promise.

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
Excellent time to be had!!!

Excellent time to be had!!!

PassTheDoobie said:
I will be away from tomorrow and return the evening of the day after. Going on an SGI activity with about 80 others. I'm giving my experience (20 minutes), leading two study sessions (40 minutes each), and reading out loud the entire Gosho, "On Attaining Buddhahood in this Lifetime."

Vice President Takimoto will attend and I have submitted a question for his guidance. I've also requested personal guidance and have been told I will get it either now or later. I am being put in charge of English language Gosho study from this point forward. And I host our monthly mens meetings.
Thomas

Sounds to me like just another 2 days to spend as a Bodhisatva practicing the Daishonin's teachings T! That is so cool. I know you will get 1000+ times what you are putting into it.

I've got to say this week solidified my overcoming some serious shit and I owe it all to that 1 most close to me to make sure I don't slacken and give up this time. Thank you thank you thank you. The wind was not always felt but it was always there for sure. It has been a most difficult but when I look back such a rewarding year of growth. What growth? FAITH, Baby!Now I must say this Gohonzon is so so absolute and the Buddha nature which is the same in our lives is also. I must never forget that. Never! Doubts & Delusion for me = slander when you don't take action to overcome. What action therefore do you take? Just get down and chant Nam myoho renge kyo! (Like T said in a post a while back; if you don't feel it, FAKE IT!) :chin:
The Gohonzon....Nichiren Daishonin, unbelievable mercy and wisdom. Just read the Goshos that we have been so fortunate to have access to.

Myoho Disco, hope you are seriously enjoying a well deserved break; Congratulations! Thanks to all my fellow Chanting Grower Bodhisatvas who continue to blow me away. We are one, doing Kosenrufu where we are. As we expand our lives and bring along others who seek the Law, we prove how kosenrufu unfolds in this time of Mappo just as the Daishonin said.

Nam myoho renge kyo

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The same is true of your attaining Buddhahood. No matter what grave offenses you might have committed, because you did not turn against the Lotus Sutra, but showed your devotion by accompanying me, you will surely become a Buddha. Yours is like the case of King Possessor of Virtue, who gave his life to save the monk Realization of Virtue and became Shakyamuni Buddha. Faith in the Lotus Sutra acts as a prayer [to attain Buddhahood]. Strengthen your resolve to seek the way all the more and achieve Buddhahood in this lifetime.

[ The Receipt of New Fiefs, WND Page 946 ]

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nam-myoho-renge-kyo SoCal!

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo SoCal!

Thanks for helping change my life too man! Let's always have confidence we are Buddhas!

And act like it!

Much love and deep respect,

Thomas

Bonzo

Veteran
Good morning!!!! :wave: Nam myoho renge kyo!!!!!!!! :wave:

peace and love

:woohoo: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nam myoho renge kyo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> :woohoo:

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm back... thanks for keeping an eye one the thread while I was gone Bonz.....

I hope everyone is feeling as good as I am.

T

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
By the way, I slam fucking whammo jammo dunked it. I got to encourage so many people! And they understood and appreciated my encouragement in a way that was frankly a bit overwhelming. All of those hours of daimoku over these last months came shining through. I was in a groove and, wow, it was just a kickass postive experience. I am way locked into my group now and instantly this like guidance chief thingy. I got invited to come to a lot of other peoples meetings. I have been waiting for this for a long time. Only thanks to all of you have I gotten the opportunity to experience it.

Thank you!

Thomas

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.