What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Cancel Culture

Genghis Kush.

It's a matter of perspective though isn't it? You drop a Harvard intellectual into the amazon, into one of those tribes that's had very limited contact with moderns society, they're going to think he's pretty fucking stupid for not knowing how to survive in the jungle. Thinking you're smarter than someone else because they're different doesn't make you better than them, it makes you an asshole and it's divisive.

Not talking to aoh or phatty, just making a generalized statement based on the last couple posts.
or maybe they would be wise enough to understand that it is difficult to survive outside of your niche.
they would know that better than anyone .

and why do you assume an educated person couldn’t also know how to take care of themselves?
i know plenty of highly educated people who are also very experienced in the outdoors.
and I know plenty of uneducated people who wouldn’t last a weekend alone in the forest.

Brother Nature

or maybe they would be wise enough to understand that it is difficult to survive outside of your niche.
they would know that better than anyone .

and why do you assume an educated person couldn’t also know how to take care of themselves?
i know plenty of highly educated people who are also very experienced in the outdoors.
and I know plenty of uneducated people who wouldn’t last a weekend alone in the forest.
It was a rudimentary example, but clearly you get the point I was trying to make. Not everyone or every situation or reasoning behind belief is the same. Stereotyping and painting 'types' of people with the same brush isn't conducive to a progressive culture, it simply divides. My example and your response prove exactly this.

Me saying an intellectual couldn't survive in the jungle, without considering any of the external circumstances or variables is, just as incorrect as saying only backwoods ass country folk would vote for trump.

Back in the civil war brother fought brother over what their political idols told them to think, now brother is fighting brother over what their political idols tell them to think. There's no societal progress, and the same people are still winning.

h.h.

Veteran
Trump isn’t the “same people”. Elected by backwoods country folk, though it had very little to do with backwoods or country. They’re afraid of what they don’t know.
Folks in the city mostly learn to live with and rely on each other. The cities are more progressive.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Harvard and its competitors, e.g. Stanford, are SO OVER-RATED.

The most skilled engineer I worked with in Silicon Valley was a Physics grad from UConn.

The most skilled academic adviser that helped me learn 3D animation ? went to some 2 year junior college in the Mid-West.
those "ivory towers of learning" are STILL virtually the only way to get a seat on the Supreme Court...every damn one of them attended Harvard or Yale.

Blue Rhino

Trump isn’t the “same people”. Elected by backwoods country folk, though it had very little to do with backwoods or country. They’re afraid of what they don’t know.
Folks in the city mostly learn to live with and rely on each other. The cities are more progressive.
:LOL::LOL: Oh wait, you were serious? Let me laugh even harder.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Progressives are practically shaking hands with the ALT-right what with their support of segregation and teaching race theory. Sound familiar?

Blue Rhino

got any names of "progressives" who support segregation?
How about full-on govt agencies that do. Will that suffice? Let's start with Seattle and the King Country library system. Or the federal VA's facility in Puget Sound. Or the King County Prosecutors' Office.

audiohi

Veteran
State enforced racial segregation by progressives. lol

*At the King County Library System, a private consulting firm called Racial Equity Consultants recently held racially segregated “listening sessions” to root out “institutional privileges and systemic inequities.”

*At the federal Veterans Administration Puget Sound facility (prior to oct.2020... who was president?), the local leadership has launched a series of racially segregated “caucuses” for “individuals who identify as white” and those who identify as “African-American or black” or as “people of color.” According to whistleblower e-mails, the organizer, Dr. Jesse Markman, convened the racially segregated sessions, calling them “an environment for sharing and discussion, which is not afforded by mixed groups.”

*Finally, at the King County Prosecutor’s Office, the chief prosecutor, Dan Satterberg (a republican until 2018), and senior staff have recently required employees to sign an “equity and social justice” pledge and assigned “continued training for white employees,” who must “do the work” to “learn the true history of racism in our country.”

White employees are encouraged to participate in racially segregated “anti-racist action groups,” as well as agency-wide “cultural-competency” training that teaches them to how to adopt “a new non-oppressive and non-exploitive attitude.”

armedoldhippy

Veteran
How about full-on govt agencies that do. Will that suffice? Let's start with Seattle and the King Country library system. Or the federal VA's facility in Puget Sound. Or the King County Prosecutors' Office.

so, separating groups during learning/listening sessions so as to allow honest opinions to be heard from both sides independently is "supporting segregation" ? :laughing: LOL! letting folks talk without disruption from the other side is not "segregation"; it used to be called "common courtesy" until we ran clean fucking out of THAT particular substance.

• Love
Reactions: Gry

buzzmobile

Veteran

1670588978625.png

Cancellation of Culture <, =, > Termination of Constitution?

Asking for a friend.

Three Berries

View attachment 18790014

Cancellation of Culture <, =, > Termination of Constitution?

Asking for a friend.
Kind of a stretch to imply he wanted the entire Constitution terminated. Especially how much the left wants to change or ignore it.

But glad to see you supporting it!

buzzmobile

Veteran
Kind of a stretch to imply he wanted the entire Constitution terminated. Especially how much the left wants to change or ignore it.
"A Massive Fraud of this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution. Our great 'Founder' did not want, and would not condone, False & Fraudulent Elections!"

Kind of a stretch to imply "A Massive Fraud" and "False & Fraudulent Elections!" took place. Go ahead and terminate all of the articles.

Articles of the Constitution
  • Article I Legislative Branch.
  • Article II Executive Branch.
  • Article III Judicial Branch.
  • Article IV Relationships Between the States.
  • Article V Amending the Constitution.
  • Article VI The Supreme Law.
  • Article VII Ratification.

Three Berries

Well there was massive fraud. And the media ignoring it proves their complicity. Twitter is the first to expose how the Left has censored talk. And it may start with conservatism but rest assured it would soon go to any dissenting voice.

Google, FaceBook next?

Q Knew.

0f98edb19ac76500654bd835752e1ad102443c3686fe89b26d05d7a9dbb0aa3d.png

In fact the Dems already passed legislation that changes the way the Electors are certified in Congress. They were afraid of the power the VP has to refuse the electors sent to the Congress and send them back to the states.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
You had better rush all of the evidence to your Fürher.... he's been bluffing hoping someone else could produce something like evidence...

Latest posts

Latest posts