What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

cali strain scene washed up, what do people want

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
SamS, what specifc landraces or specific strains would you obtain now if you were one of us in order to preserve and diversify our genetic stock for the future and protect Cannabis against the multi-multi-hybrid generic soup breeding that I feel is happening as we speak?

If you could name at least 5 packs of seeds you would take over anything else that is readily available what would they be for breeding and purity of stock?

memphis man

Man I love this guy. Swear to God, SOTF posts are 65% of the reason I keep hopping back in here :laughing:
im new to ic and i am loving what i am reading here i have been on other forums but it seems like ic has the coolest members to just bull shit with and discuss real shit that makes sense to the ten percent of people who think outside the box lol

bushweed

Veteran
[/quote]
You are correct in that all I did was take seeds from S Africa, locally called Durban Poison, grow it for maybe 4 or 5 years in the 70's in Calif to clean it up from serious inter-sex problems, and produce dependable very early potent plants. I kept it pure.

-SamS[/quote]

Thanks Sam, as I say no disrespect to the all time heavyweight champion of cannabis - respect:)

2Lazy

You are correct in that all I did was take seeds from S Africa, locally called Durban Poison, grow it for maybe 4 or 5 years in the 70's in Calif to clean it up from serious inter-sex problems, and produce dependable very early potent plants. I kept it pure.

-SamS
Thanks Sam, as I say no disrespect to the all time heavyweight champion of cannabis - respect:)

wtf? When did SamS say that? I went looking and couldn't find where you quoted from (makes sense since your quote html didn't work).

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
. growers get with the program and meet new people across country and quit being at a brokers mercy is all i can tell you.

shhhh dont tell them that haha. already lost one good grower because he started sending his harvests outta state!

Last edited:

REZDOG

Veteran
This conversation is leaning DANGEROUSLY CLOSE to a shitload of ToU Violations.
Please,watch what you post.

Thanks.

Greenmopho

This conversation is leaning DANGEROUSLY CLOSE to a shitload of ToU Violations.
Please,watch what you post.

Thanks.

Yea, keep your not-so-legal vending to yourselves, for the sake of all of us!

You Cali guys need to just pop some fresh beans, not just the same old Chem/OG/Diesel cuts. Everyone is just expected to get passed an ideal cut and make a million dollars off of it, its just laziness. Pop a couple beans, chuck some pollen. Rez's gear is a good start, but Rez is just the evolution of those lines and is bringing them to the rest of the world. I think Cali needs to dig a bit deeper, starts some fresh lines. Haven't heard anything new coming out of Cali other than some (Insert Fruit Name Here) Kush strains that are all similar and bland in comparison to the original kushes. Hype and marketing aside, find some real shit!

Its funny actually, when I take my ECSD around to the clubs in CO, I can't get more than $3400 at best, its a great cut, and I've been told that my batches of it are better than most, but EVERYONE out here has that cut, so the clubs can just pick out what is cheapest. Now on the other hand, my Sour Fuck (ECSDxATF) goes for top dollar. I almost feel bad selling it because I know the shops gouge for that shit, $20+/gram, mostly because its a great tasting "Sour" cross, it has a catchy name, and the shit looks amazing. Its mostly a genetics race at this point....

I mean, who in their right mind would turn this down?
picture.php

S

stickey fingers

its not the weed its the people ! the day nor cal purple kush and trainwreck fall off my favorites list, is the day i die :biggrin:

SPECIAL THANKS GP,OJD,BOG,REZ
RIP DR JAY

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't grow like that its always seeds but with an occasional clone to see what it is. I have seen some of he best cannabis come from clones so I'm not sure why some think that Cali's all washed up I would totally disagree with that statement. If you see that same strain over and over its the chemercial growers that are doing that. The small growers are keeping it real and we always grow from seed.

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
@ Greenmopho
That didn't really make any sense. You said cali growers need to pop some beans and not just your average "chem/og/diesel cuts, but then you say you grow out ECSD/ATF which is just a diesel cross. Hmm, just don't understand that one. 2nd, you said that we should start off with Rez's beans to find a gem. Hmmm, the last time I checked res was selling a lot of diesel/chem crosses the last time I checked. BOTTOMLINE is that there are to many growers here!! You have to live here, and understand the scene to really know how it is. Cali grows hazes, kushs, purps, mid grade, low grade, etc...It has everything. People are not gonna pay that much for no matter what it is. I dont care how many landraces you have or not.

Last edited:
Burt - nebraska doesnt pay 6k per lb like 36 to 32 for bomb norcal gods gift and og kush just had to stick up for the huskers we dont screwed here n colorado has alot of garbage spewing over this way. sorry just rant on this thread god bless

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
I've let more potential clone keepers see their end days than I care to count. Last batch of Rez Sour Diesel IBL x Reeferman Senor Garcia had three good quality keepers, yet I frittered away all three. I may not make that mistake again. I grow from seed. That's what I do. My shit stays within a very close circle, though because of production slightly exceeding my need, that circle may need to expand to a slightly larger med community. I'm curious to see what some other local IC'ers think of my Sour G crosses. Don't really care two flying whoops over how much I could get an elbow. My guess is there is some freakin amazing shit in Cali that most folks never know about cuz it's been kept in the cupboard.

I've seen Dali's posts in many a thread and they are useful bits of info laced with kerosene. Dali should be more accepting of the universal forum we have created...AS SHOULD OTHER POSTERS.

Slow down on the nasty threads. Keep it classy, gang! All opinions are appreciated in my book as long as they are appreciative of others.

Greenmopho

@ Greenmopho
That didn't really make any sense. You said cali growers need to pop some beans and not just your average "chem/og/diesel cuts, but then you say you grow out ECSD/ATF which is just a diesel cross. Hmm, just don't understand that one. 2nd, you said that we should start off with Rez's beans to find a gem. Hmmm, the last time I checked res was selling a lot of diesel/chem crosses the last time I checked. BOTTOMLINE is that there are to many growers here!! You have to live here, and understand the scene to really know how it is. Cali grows hazes, kushs, purps, mid grade, low grade, etc...It has everything. People are not gonna pay that much for no matter what it is. I dont care how many landraces you have or not.

Sorry maybe you didn't read that right. I'm not raggin on your guys. I used to live and grow in Oakland myself and still know a few people there that do, hence my interest in the scene out there! I was saying that crosses, like Rez's gear, of OG, Chem, Diesel are a good start, but to save the Cali scene, you'll have to dig a little deeper. You are right, there are too many growers in Cali (there are too many people in Cali), most of which aren't from there originally. When other states pass MMJ and/or legalize, I think we will see a lot of growers head back home and the market could even out...then again, I could be completely wrong!

Burt - nebraska doesnt pay 6k per lb like 36 to 32 for bomb norcal gods gift and og kush just had to stick up for the huskers we dont screwed here n colorado has alot of garbage spewing over this way. sorry just rant on this thread god bless

I think the only place you can still get 6k per lb is in the NE. All my people in the South are telling me they are getting tons of Colorado stuff, and it sucks compared to the Cali stuff they were getting before. The real reason: its not really Colorado herb. If you come to Colorado, we are literally inundated with B-grade Cali bud, since no one can unload it in Cali anymore. It then gets a "Colorado Homegrown MMJ" stamp on it, and gets passed down to other states. I've had some of the best herb in my life in Colorado, its just the quality producers here can't keep up with the demand, and the Cali B grade is filling that gap. That in turn gets pushed further down the line.....90% of exported Colorado bud is just repackaged California bud...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
if 19 passes you will see some big changes in Cali good or bad we will have to wait and see what happens