What's new

Build a Fishstick

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Giving build a soil 3.0 a try...

started out with 3 plants in a 3x3 tent under 2x mars hydro sp150.

2x hammerheads Destiny and one cherry cookies,initial wetting of the medium done with roots organics trinity,quillaja powder,rootwise,and beauveria bassiana...

IMG_20240904_164915992_HDR.jpg

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
in the meantime got 3 more bags of soil,got 2x super boof,1 stoney's kush,and 2x hammerheads nem x mac into build a soil,this time 3 in smart pots,10,7,and 5 gallon and 2 in #5 pots.
watered in the same as the other plants,trinity,rootwise,quallija powder,and beauveria bassiana

IMG_20240919_155708776_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240919_155718378_HDR.jpg

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:watchplant: moving things along in build a soil world,hauled two more bags home,along with 50 bamboo stakes,some more insect frass,a new 2 gallon bucket,
IMG_20241002_125044678.jpg
20 cute little square pots and new plant tags for some upcoming pheno hunting...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
but onto the plants...
cleaned out my led room,moved a couple of mars hydro lamps in,i'll replace the sp250 with a fce4800 and bring a 4x4 tray in,prop that up on 3 1/2 gallon buckets and put the 9 smallest plant in that and have the 4 biggest plants under the other lamp...just up-potted 5 more plants into 5 gallon pots,some fabric,some plastic...

IMG_20241003_181242554_HDR.jpg
IMG_20241003_181247668_HDR.jpg

so,i've got 2x hammerhead's destiny,2x hammerheads nem x mac,2 super boof,2x strawberry mac from relentless,1 stoney's kush,1 honey banana,and one sugar lips from relentless.

planning on letting them veg for another couple of weeks,and i'll top the tallest plants to even things out a bit and get cuts and flip them to flower when it hopefully cools off some

Ca++

I just learned how time moves faster for gods, so we can't actually see them amongst us.

Do you notice praying before you water, then heavy looking leaves afterwards?
That would be the RO, if you do.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just learned how time moves faster for gods, so we can't actually see them amongst us.

Do you notice praying before you water, then heavy looking leaves afterwards?
That would be the RO, if you do.
why would ro cause that?

but no,haven't seen that unless it manifest as crinkled leaves,but that's genetics on the plants that have shown anything like that

Ca++

Osmosis. The salts inside the roots want to attract water, and the lack of salt in the water, offers no resistance. The result can be a rapid movement of water into the roots. Causing a heavy droop, and water movement within the plant, with a low salt count.

At the extreme, droopy watery things, instead of firm perky one's.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Osmosis. The salts inside the roots want to attract water, and the lack of salt in the water, offers no resistance. The result can be a rapid movement of water into the roots. Causing a heavy droop, and water movement within the plant, with a low salt count.

At the extreme, droopy watery things, instead of firm perky one's.
the tap water here is super high in calcium,last time i checked it was like 550ppm so all but unusable in it's raw form,and my ro water runs around 50ppm...and it hasn't been a water only run by any means,along with teas they get leftover veg nutes,the general organics line...and at some point i'll spring for bokashi earthworks carbon humate nutes...

but so far so good,the plants seem to be thriving

Latest posts

Latest posts