What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Bubba Kush vs OG Kush

Seed Buyer

My local co-op has OG Kush and some Bubba Kush cuts available. How are these strains yielding? Any idea about finishing times? Thanks

Red Reign

Well, since nobody else replied, I'll give you my opinion.

There are multiple OG and Bubba cuts, but they should grow similarly.

I grew the Abusive OG, it stretches alot, next time I will top it twice and flower at about 10". It yields OK.

I also grew the Blackberry (Bubba) Kush. It stretches very little, next time I will top it and flower it at about 14". The yield is so-so.

I would get them both, you'll probably be happy with the finished product. They both go 9-10 weeks.

Seed Buyer

Thanks, I know there are tons of pheno's out there so I was looking for general ideas. The will be coming from the new co-op that just opened in Santa Rosa so maybe someone knows exactly there specif history. Do you think 2oz per 3 gal pot of soiless medium is possible? I always get 2lbs per 1000 watter (16 3 gal pots @ 1 plant per square foot) w/ other strains. Thanxs

Red Reign

Hard to say on the yield.

I have been running Pot of Gold and Killer Queen for a while. I get 6 oz per plant, DWC, 4 plants per 1k.

I ran 2 Abusive OG and 2 Blackberry Kush under a 1k. The yield looked like it was going to be EXTREMELY low. I ended up getting 4 oz per A OG and 2.5 oz per BBK. I was actually happy with that because 3 weeks before harvest, the buds were tiny. It looked like I was going to get 1 oz per plant. My canopy never filled in and was uneven. I flowered both at 12".

I couldn't see myself getting 6 oz per plant with either of these in my set up. If I would have topped the OG twice/flowered her at 10" and topped the BBK/flowered her at 14-16", I would have done much better. But not as good as the POG/KQ I usually run.

I would plan on getting less than you normally get. OGK and BK aren't known as heavy yielders.

For three years, up until last June. I flooded CL and sonoma county with Pre 98 bubba and an SFV pheno of OG. I'm would guess that's what they are. I would grab the bubba for sure. The Og is hard make taste right without proper beni bac and won't yield much with out propere support. If your a tea maker then grab the og too. The bubba will feed 2x most others so pound it in flower. I have some old pics in my gallery from my VERY first grow of bubba (when i still took pics). Even in a compacted 5 gallon of pure crap FFof it was dank. Nither high yielders, but if your running for headsmoke, the smoke will last longer than crops of other strains. So it's kinda a wash.

Last edited:

OG bub

~Cannabis-Resinous~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
if yer looking for an actual medical reason, try out anything you can get yer hands on. htere is much more than the cali "kush" kuts that are great meds, and better yeilders.

now, imo, if you want a Kush cut in cali, go to Swerve/MysterX.. he supplies a cpl clubs from what I understand.

He has SFV OG and Pre98 Bubba. both are great!

heres some Bubba

heres some SFV

either are great smoke overall, but if yer looking for a good specific med, you should definetly look into more than just the cali kushes, every plant is a different medicine.

oh, you can find swerve/MysterX at this link http://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65556

peace, bub.