What's new

Bubba Kush S1s: Info and grow-along

RobFromTX

Just grabbed some and S1F of both BK and Lemon Thai and the only thing I’ll say is it’s for the doomsday vault. Waiting on 8’x20’ shipping container to start cold storage……thanks @RobFromTX I’ve gotta find a meeting……
;) (y) Its always good to prepare for the unexpected. Thats why i have the utmost appreciation for breeders like VG and Ace Seeds. You may find yourself having to make your own seeds one day.

Airloom

Veteran
;) (y) It’s always good to prepare for the unexpected. Thats why i have the utmost appreciation for breeders like VG and Ace Seeds. You may find yourself having to make your own seeds one day.
That would mean I’ve gotta GROW the seeds not just buy them?????
🫙🫙🫙🫙🫙🫙🫙💰💰💰💰💰💰💰

Airloom

Veteran
😁 And i wouldnt know where to begin making seeds, besides putting the boys and girls in the same room and letting them do their thing
Come on now
It’s all part of the disease’s progression
First you just look
Then you research
Then you start hoarding and planning

Seriously though making seeds is definitely a good thing and IF I do that intentionally it would have to be just one strain (not sure I can do that)

Right now I’ve got a full tent of C99 clones ready to flower from the summer outdoor grow. Also some new clones I impulsively bought. Then there’s last summers C99xGDP outdoor seed run test seedlings (they’re looking awesome but no idea if the father was the Brothers Grimm male C99 or the RSCO Honeydew (C99xMazar I Sharif) FWIW keeping the males was my sisters idea and now I just can’t ignore them (like a box of cracker jacks) She encouraged the madness and then bailed on me saying she had to focus on her sons financial aid for college. Can you believe that?

In the tent we also have 4 Kumaoni S1 seedlings I’m checking for herm traits.
Hoping the stress of the aphids caused the herm in one Kumaoni girl.

The other girl rebounded and flowered beautifully after using Dr Zymes regularly as directed AND with a soil drench of nematodes.

I figured I should grow out a bunch just to ATTEMPT some science about last year.

Can’t do this with discipline or rational thought.

I occasionally get an insight like “you can’t make up for 30 years of non-growing in three years Dude, that’s fuzzy math…”

RobFromTX

Come on now
It’s all part of the disease’s progression
First you just look
Then you research
Then you start hoarding and planning

Seriously though making seeds is definitely a good thing and IF I do that intentionally it would have to be just one strain (not sure I can do that)

Right now I’ve got a full tent of C99 clones ready to flower from the summer outdoor grow. Also some new clones I impulsively bought. Then there’s last summers C99xGDP outdoor seed run test seedlings (they’re looking awesome but no idea if the father was the Brothers Grimm male C99 or the RSCO Honeydew (C99xMazar I Sharif) FWIW keeping the males was my sisters idea and now I just can’t ignore them (like a box of cracker jacks) She encouraged the madness and then bailed on me saying she had to focus on her sons financial aid for college. Can you believe that?

In the tent we also have 4 Kumaoni S1 seedlings I’m checking for herm traits.
Hoping the stress of the aphids caused the herm in one Kumaoni girl.

The other girl rebounded and flowered beautifully after using Dr Zymes regularly as directed AND with a soil drench of nematodes.

I figured I should grow out a bunch just to ATTEMPT some science about last year.

Can’t do this with discipline or rational thought.

I occasionally get an insight like “you can’t make up for 30 years of non-growing in three years Dude, that’s fuzzy math…”
C99 is such a nice strain. I have the whish seeds {kwik seeds} version in the vault. And that Honeydew sounds like such a nice cross

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
My one BBs1 seed rotted out 😔 She was going to fit so nicely between the other two plants I’ve got growing, sigh*
Oh well, I’ll try again maybe next round

Last edited:

Tynehead Tom

I feel your pain @Kalbhairav , when I popped my last 2 Bubba S1 only one came up and the other went squishy inside after cracking it's shell. The one that managed to sprout came up with no discernable center growth, just two cotyledons and 2 water leaves and then nothing for a while. Rather than toss it I just left it be and kept it well lit and watered and eventually it began growing but real gnarly-like. I posted a pic a few posts back and I'm happy to say that while she is super slow , that is compounded because she decided to grow 2 shoots instead of one when she finally got going. LOL I was going to snip one away to let it grow normal but what the hell. Will make it eaier to top and train later. She won't be flowering until summer time as I will be keeping her for the greenhouse.
Here is yesterday's pic and she is looking like a nice healthy seedling now.
02-14-2023 VG Pre98 Bubba Kush S1 - Copy.jpg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks @Tynehead Tom for persevering!- hope you get a good plant it looks nice there and should get going now.
Sorry yours didn't make it @Kalbhairav ...
The germination on these was still 100% on a recent pack.. but there is a good chance of getting a very slow one or a runt in each half dozen seeds.

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
@Kalbhairav...
The germination on these was still 100% on a recent pack.. but there is a good chance of getting a very slow one or a runt in each half dozen seeds.
My bad VG - I should of mentioned that my pack was bought quite a few years back and has been in the freezer. The result of that one seed is probably because I didn’t leave the seed out long enough to thaw. Totally user error and no reflection on germination of the line.

For some reason, your seed ended up in my long term storage. I have too much seed stored in three different boxes, either refrigerated or frozen. Must of made an error when sorting at some point. They’ll have to stay frozen for the minute.

I harvested Verdant's Green Bubba Kush S1 about a month ago without a problem.
Quick Smoke Report: If my mind is running at 100 miles per hour or im dealing with outside issues...2 hits and she will walk out into the co-pilot's seat next to me , gives me a warm dank hug and shifts it to nuetral.
NASA to Astronaut; "Glad you landed safely, enjoy the view"... AND thats all that matters to me.

Fat Bubba smoke report coming soon.

elanius

Veteran
DSC_0034.JPG

BK S1 just a test seed for me to really see the growing patterns but damn, 24 hours germination, peaking out of the soil the next day. Grows just a bit slower than other plants (OGs).
The seeds I got from Verdant were all top quality, healthy, dark, fully ripen. Even the packaging was top notch with great attention to detail, I would say one of the best vendors I have dealt with. Thanks man!

Btw, will be growing more p98BKs1 this year, already planted one BK S1 from Dinafem as well just for the shits and giggles. The seeds shape was totally different, big and rounded instead of the more elongated type of Verdants BKs1. I expect the P98 Bubba used by Dinafem was different cut, so time will tell.
Will plant some CSI BK s1 as well later on, it might be also different from what I saw and read.

Last edited:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for the report @Johnnyrockets ! - really glad you liked them and i agree.. Bubba is an awesome smoke !

Hey @elanius - lovely seedling! - and i'm happy that you are going to test these out in the summer... i'm planning to do a big selection run on the S1s this summer - in the hope of finding a good plant to use for furthering a regular bubba line. An S1 is more likely to breed true for any of its traits than the parent plant.
VG

Airloom

Veteran
BFF39514-5C7F-4BBE-9CE7-A2EE2B0D9474.jpeg

Looky there…..my last order made it.

Just wanted to say thanks to VG and everyone here for all their contributions to this great forum.

Once again life intrudes forcing me to change my plans. I have had difficulty believing in change as a positive thing but every year it gets a little bit easier.

I’m getting too old.

My grandfather often said “some people, even if you tie their feet, will still kick”

I’m thinking of him now as I write this. I THINK he was talking about me……

He made it a century with one eye and one kidney, and I’ve gotta CHANGE my plans…….

Grow on 🫙

elanius

Veteran
Still great vigor, frost starting to develop on the new shoots and I am already smelling clear mocha coffee smells. The stemrub is all kush though. But this is exciting, reading the thread I did not expect to find the coffee smell so easily. Was thinking it will be vaguely similar at best, but it is spot on and strong. Hopefully it translates to flowers! Strange feat on the leafs, developing extra blades that are out of proportions. Will take a pic next time.
DSC_0048.JPG

Is instagram the only place to aquire VGs stuff, or is there a U S seedbank that offers any? If not, what's a decent bubba that's available from a state-side bank?

Thanks folks-

Latest posts

Latest posts