What's new

Broad Mites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aligee

Veteran
:dance013:
:biggrin: - That's love right there....

Avid on deck, two applications so far - Jeez that's a gnarly process with all the PPE and 12 hour REI....whew...

Been hitting the ladies with alternating shots of SNS-217, then Liquid Ladybug once the SNS ran out, and recently started using Neem...they also received a spray of Spinosad last week - following up with a new bottle today....

Let's get some pictures...

So, it turns out the plant I showed last time was actually an OGK cut...but here she is on the road to recovery
View Image

Here's the good news though.....my GSC is looking nice and healthy through all of this....Root Aphids, Broad Mites, and now a nice little bonus round of Fungus Gnats from being careless with my watering and fresh air intake discretion - that or they came in a new bag of soil (DE = for the fungus gnats)

Healthy gal:
View Image

I just want to quote this for truth - SNS-217 worked for me superbly! I immediately noticed the plants looking better a day after my first 217 application - essential oils are where its at (Peppermint Oil, Clove Oil, natural things like that,) which is also what made me try the Liquid Ladybug...

From SNS-217's MSDS
Chemical Name Wt% CAS# Hazardous
Rosemary Oil 2% 8000-25-7 No
Polyglyceryl Oleate 0.6% 9007-48-1 No
Lauric Acid 0.1% 143-07-7 No

Liquid Ladybug:
Peppermint Oil 2.00% 8030-01-1 No
Geraniol 1.50% 106-24-1 No
Citric Acid 0.50% 77-92-9 No
Glad you got rid of those things id continue a routine spray on all vegging plants to keep all pest at bay!!!

RetroGrow

Veteran
Seeing new damage in the Greenhouse. And upon further inspection, a BM or two... Not many at all, but... Guess I am spraying the heinous poison (Avid) in the Greenhouse for the third time. Doh...

So close to beating them. Gonna keep trying.

SNS-217, eh...? Really works..? If so, I will do a 'rotation.' So insidiously small. So many places for them to hide. They do so much damage, for how small they are...! No need for an infestation, just a few can still cause massive problems.

I used to think Spider Mites were bad..! Easy to control compared to these Buggers.

Must have my genetics come through this healthy, for the Indoor season. It is almost demoralizing....

Good Luck...!

Try the heat treatment if you can. If you can heat your greenhouse to 117-120 degrees for 45 minutes, it kills the mites without harming the plants. I have done this 3 times with no negative effects, except to the mites. I also bought predator mites, Neosilious Californicus (SP?), and now I have not seen a single egg on any leaves, where before they were covered. Predators ate all the eggs! But then they die when they run out of food. Would be nice to cultivate your own predator mites, and just keep them in the greenhouse all the time.
SNS 217 is just Rosemary, so go to GNC and buy a $5 bottle and make your own spray. Just as good without getting ripped off. Dank Frank's essential oils mix sounds promising also, but has to be applied carefully (briefly). Bayer has a new systemic which now kils mites, and it's available in Home Depot, so pay $12 instead of hundreds for 4bid or the other expensive systemics.

Phillthy

Seven-Thirty
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ok i was real curious so i did a shit ton of reading today and finally came across what i was looking for.

"...as damage can continue to appear for two weeks after successful control."

you can continue to see some curled leaves or dryness even after eradication. your new generation will tell the real tale i guess.

Desperately seeking avid/judo. I talked myself into it. I figure one application , remove mother's bleach everything put up nps's for three weeks in all areas with small lights on to replicate summer with temps at around 80 degrees to let any eggs hatch. Spray mothers with avid /judo take cuts no more earlier than two month's.Done. If anyone could pm me with a source near Riverside Ca I would be eternally gratefull.Going to "toys are us" today to buy a kids microscope because those small hand held loops just don't cut it. I'm old my eyes are bad and I have to know exactly what have been making me hate life for the last two years. Added "root aphids" to the mosaic, broad mite, and now "root aphid" mystery thinking seriously about ruling out mosaic, hemp mosaic, alfalfa mosaic,virus's . But it just bug's (forgive the pun) the hell out of me cause all the pics I see of all these different problems look kinda the same. AND, my mothers look normal...? only when they go into flower do these "mosaic, Broad mite, root aphid, problems appear...? so I will isolate the old hydroton growing pots take cuts (to preserve mothers) and put normal looking mothers into flower leaving half the mother untreated half the mothers treated with avid/judo and a "aphid killer"...I just got to end this nightmare once and for all. Any help with obtaining the avid/judo locally would be greatly appreciated.When I mention avid/judo at my local grow stores they look at me like I have a third eye in my forhead....Thank you.

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Peacemonger, ebay is a fair choice to find 1 oz. of Forbid/Avid. Most places only sell larger quantities, so its expensive if you go that route.

Thanx Dave

Thanx Dave

Thanx Dave , don't like the whole shipping ebay paypal credit card thing. But thanx anyway. Someone here hooked me up to brick and mortar not to far away. That does small amounts. Just waiting to hear from them hopefully.:woohoo:

Gr33nman

peacemonger, there is a place in montclair called hydro4less, they r the only shop in so cal that has judo. im srry i think mission hydro has it as well. the guys @mission hydro r kool as fuck to.

FatherEarth

Veteran
sns17,azamax, pyrethrium, AKARI in that order. then preventative every week for good measure, all mites gone.

Sessile G

Desperately seeking avid/judo. I talked myself into it. I figure one application , remove mother's bleach everything put up nps's for three weeks in all areas with small lights on to replicate summer with temps at around 80 degrees to let any eggs hatch. Spray mothers with avid /judo take cuts no more earlier than two month's.Done. If anyone could pm me with a source near Riverside Ca I would be eternally gratefull.Going to "toys are us" today to buy a kids microscope because those small hand held loops just don't cut it. I'm old my eyes are bad and I have to know exactly what have been making me hate life for the last two years. Added "root aphids" to the mosaic, broad mite, and now "root aphid" mystery thinking seriously about ruling out mosaic, hemp mosaic, alfalfa mosaic,virus's . But it just bug's (forgive the pun) the hell out of me cause all the pics I see of all these different problems look kinda the same. AND, my mothers look normal...? only when they go into flower do these "mosaic, Broad mite, root aphid, problems appear...? so I will isolate the old hydroton growing pots take cuts (to preserve mothers) and put normal looking mothers into flower leaving half the mother untreated half the mothers treated with avid/judo and a "aphid killer"...I just got to end this nightmare once and for all. Any help with obtaining the avid/judo locally would be greatly appreciated.When I mention avid/judo at my local grow stores they look at me like I have a third eye in my forhead....Thank you.

Broad mites are super mites.

I used tobacco water with 2in of sand on soil to get rid of them.

also they love sewer drains.

you have to treat all sewer drains in your pad with enzymes and imacloprid.

avid is very pricey .

Storm Shadow

Veteran
For $20 this stuff from Home Depot kicks some serious Broad Mite Ass!!!!!

5oz per gallon and dunk young clones when they are small.... this shit dries those lil bastards out on the spot ...eggs included! Best part is....it doesnt hurt Unrooted clones....baby Seedlings....and of course full blown Adults.... Lil Buggers are fucked now... so strapped up with ammo they have no choice but to just walk the plank to death :biggrin:

Make sure you use in Veg ...leaves a nice lil residue coated on the leaves that breaks down in about a week.... Sulfur works Insane on Broad Mites..not systemic...but man...when you watch them suffer under the microscope on contact...gets me warm and fuzzy inside..

http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/b...ard-spray-concentrate-p-2070.html?sub_id=2578

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts