What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Blynx's 1 sqft CFL cab & other CFL micro cabs

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's the cfl scrog cab shortly after it's eighth week of flowering.

Nevilles Haze x Mango (Plant 3)

Day 57 Flower

cflscrogcab_9thrun_day57f_02_nhxm3_closeup01.jpg

picture.php

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's the 11" x 11" cfl cab after the end of it's third week of veg.

C99 BX1 x PBSD

Day 21 Veg

It's time to start her flowering.

looking great blynx! i noticed you do a lot of supercrop and training. is it safe to supercrop right before flower?
goodluck on this gal
Canna

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking great blynx! i noticed you do a lot of supercrop and training. is it safe to supercrop right before flower?
goodluck on this gal
Canna

Totally fine to supercrop before flowering and even during the initial flowering stretch. I wouldn't really supercrop after the stretch on the plants stops.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
do u think its the soil or the lights or the nuts u use is what helps ur plants grow so fast and nice.
Or do u think its all 3- the lights, soil, and nuts that work so well. I need to get my garden back on track. :( for me its gotta be one of those things thats hurting my garden.

B

Bag

must be the nuts , lol cheese, i think blynxs weed grows so well cause he keeps it simple and leaves the plants the f a lone . love this thread !

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
do u think its the soil or the lights or the nuts u use is what helps ur plants grow so fast and nice.
Or do u think its all 3- the lights, soil, and nuts that work so well. I need to get my garden back on track. :( for me its gotta be one of those things thats hurting my garden.

Thanks.

I never thought of it like my plants grew nice and fast. I look at it like my plants aren't growing poorly lol.

I don't feed the plants much nutes (or nuts). The soil mix I use is a 50-50 mix of used soil (old promix:ewc:perlite mix) and new soil (promix:ewc:perlite). I add some Biotone to the used soil and they might be given a little age old bloom once or twice during flowering but other than that it's strictly water.

Here's my advice/opinion for someone that is starting out; KISS (Keep it simple stupid).

A plant will grow just fine in a mix that has say promix, earthworm castings and perlite. It might not get as large as a plant with more nutes. It might run out of nutes before the end of flowering and the plant might really start eating itself.

The one thing you should not see with that basic soil mix is pH problems.

Most of the problems I see from beginning growers is they chase their tail trying to fix pH problems from their drive to push nutes to the flowers.

KISS. Once you've successfully grown a round, then, if you choose to, start adding to yer feeding regime and making it more complicated.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Time to get the next round in the 1sq ft cab going.

Here are the plants that will be run.

picture.php

picture.php

This round will have five plants; C99 x SD IBL, ChemSis, Geisha4, PKAK07B, and a bagseed plant.

I figured I'd try something new this round. I'm going to be putting all the plants in the same container to flower out.

Here they are transplanted to their new home and start of some veg.

1sq ft cfl cab

Day 00 Veg

picture.php

picture.php

Because the plants were taller I decided to plant them all at an angle so they would have some room to stretch.

B

Bag

the pkak/sd ibl is some of the best weed ever , this is gonna be interesting grow , cant wait to see this tub grow, hope the yeild goes up cause it seems extra simple and easy ! the c99sdibl is some seriously tasty potent herbs , i love that cross too, wasnt as potent as the pkaksd but beat the taste big time. cant go wrong with sweet pineapple desiel !

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's the cfl scrog cab shortly after it's ninth week of flowering.

Nevilles Haze x Mango (Plant 3)

Day 64 Flower

cflscrogcab_9thrun_day64f_02_nhxm3_closeup01.jpg

picture.php

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's the 11" x 11" cfl cab shortly after the end of it's first week of flowering.

C99 BX1 x PBSD

Day 11 Flower

She's gonna need some training to control the stretch that's starting.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here are the plants in the 1sq ft cfl cab after six days of veg

1sq ft cfl cab

Day 06 Veg

cfltestcab_17thrun_day06v_02_all_plants_in_cab_angle.jpg

time to start flowering

1sq ft cfl cab

Day 06 Veg/00 Flower

B

Bag

im liking the legs on the 99pbsd, very leggy me likey , haze looks done to me great how it flowered faster the second time from clone. gonna get crazy in the mix tub im ready for the madness !

fukndenny

i love how these cabs just keep ticking like a clock.

i've got a small case of cabaphelia at the moment and want to get one built in the next month or two.

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Everything looking great as always in here I see.

That Haze is off the chain Id love to have a taste of it. :rasta: