What's new

Blocking Gov IP's, keep your pc secure now!

SuperToker

the best way is to avoid all the isp bullshit and just use your laptop and get a wifi card and an external antenna on your car. just find a hotspot, then change your wifi card mac address each time you get on and you could also use a free proxy. this way it would be almost impossible to track you down if you didn't use the same hotspot every time.

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
StormBringerX said:
Any why would that not acomplish nothing? Have you worked in or ran a ISP? do you know the inner workings of a ISP?

SO if they don't have any real information on you nor do they have the telephone number that your dialing in on then explain to me how there going to come knocking your door down?

Explain to me how they setup the circuit ID with the phone company in the first place if they dont have the phone # you are using for the circuit?

When was the last time you heard of anyone going anywhere and slapping down a pile of dough and says, " gimme some internet and dont asks me no silly questions "?

DSL over phone isnt as simple as dialing up AOL @ 56k, you arent anon to any ISP. Also the last time I checked *67 stops caller ID, not the law.

Ron Bennett

All of this is basically pointless ...

Numerous informants, agents, etc lurk on all the boards ... they're not trolling for IPs ... heck, they don't have the time to nor any need ...

They simply work to make contact via PM, email, IM, chat, etc and strike up conversations in the hope of prying out personal details so as lay out the trap of the person revealing their growing location, exchanging stuff, meeting in person, etc; that's what did RC in.

Ron

G

I agree!!!! ive been hit up by these *PIG TROLLS* hey man I live in your are (prolly see my ip range) wanna trade clones....blah blah blah... I always just ignore them....be carefull is it worth a long time in jail??

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Ron Bennett said:
All of this is basically pointless ...

Numerous informants, agents, etc lurk on all the boards ... they're not trolling for IPs ... heck, they don't have the time to nor any need ...

They simply work to make contact via PM, email, IM, chat, etc and strike up conversations in the hope of prying out personal details so as lay out the trap of the person revealing their growing location, exchanging stuff, meeting in person, etc; that's what did RC in.

Ron

Its all pointless when they are under certain juristictions. Local po-po, the 99.99% of all MJ related busts, arent allowed to troll the internet looking for local fish. If it isnt in their juristiction then they could care less. No po-po agency is going to write off on some cops timecard that it was ok for them to surf the internet looking for local trouble.

Sure theres agencies that are supposed to do that but it aint the local po-po. Its the feds and no one seems to be getting busted by them.

holy shit, using tor with PG is a bad idea right? cuz that def didnt work. Whats the difference and why is Tor so slow? Is it worth it to someone who doesnt have much to hide other than browsing & posting on these forums?

G

Peer Guardian really is only useful when youre running P2P file sharing programs like DC++
it does block alot of riaa/gov ipaddys that troll in P2P sharing programs,
i leave it running to block http when im downloading movies/music..

its pretty insignifigant otherwise