What's new

Best econo car?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
DO NOT GET A FAST FWD CAR~! I hate the traction issues they have, and I have had one.

Yummybud

Veteran
hahah yeah the srt4 is actually a nice piec of shit, it's already fast stock, I know there was a discussion in the porsche forums about some guy racing a srt4 with his porsche 944 turbo and he said the srt4 would smoke his stock car, 2.5l turbo.

but srt4 is way too expensive for me.

just talking about the stock neon.

so if I buy a 2003-2005 neon for say 10,000 cdn, and sell it in 3 year or 4 years when I'm done school then it'll probably be worth like 3000 ?

the neon looks better and handles better than a corolla / echo and I hate how every person has a civic, so I want to kind of have a more original piece of shit.

people usually point and laugh when they see a neon anyways but I think the newer ones look decent compared to toyotas.

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
Well your buying an econo car, IMO dont get somthing that will break and dont get somthing more than what will get you from here to there.. thats what econo cars are great at.

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
Get an older volvo.. For 8,9 grand you can get something really descent. Parts are a little more, but as far as reliability, safety, and a solid ride, you can't beat them. Friggin tanks. 224,000 miles and still going :wave:

Personally though for daily driving I'd just pick up something Affordable, and American. for what your looking to spend you can get a really descent ford torus, chevy malibu etc. A step up from the tiny econo box 4cyl, and a little more solid.. I know i kill 4cyl autos... But with a porshe in the garage I'd get something american so I can pull into any garage, and have it fixed with parts in stock LOL..

Last edited:

Yummybud

Veteran
Deft said:
DO NOT GET A FAST FWD CAR~! I hate the traction issues they have, and I have had one.

I know I'm not really looking for a fast car, more newest , cheap, fairly reliable car.

I think so far I'm still going to consider a 2003-2005 neon, for looks, nicer interior / pretty cheap to buy.

I think a 2003 should already have lost quite a bit of it's value, not sure what the new cost was.

stealthballer

why do you give a damn about how cool a car looks when you are talking cheap?
why on earth would you consider 10 grand cheap?
you realize real women don't care how gay your car looks right?

if you spend 3 grand and have 7 grand left over for living they will love you ten times more than if you had a better shitty car...

Yummybud

Veteran
would a ford focus or chevy malibu be better than a neon?

good thing about domestics is that parts are usually cheap and you can take it down to the red neck down the street to fix something.

Yummybud

Veteran
I care because I have to get in it every day and drive it. I was talking about a DODGE NEON, you think girls are going to be screaming and taking their tops off when they see me in a neon?

I just feel like getting a newer looking car for once, because all the cars I've had so far have been old 80s cars.

Yummybud

Veteran
stealthballer said:
if all you need is 3 years why do you want to spend more than 3 grand?

like I said I kind of want something newer. I'm tired of old cars, they need constant attention and have all kinds of odd things that break and piss you off. Like right now there is mold growing inside my porsche which I spent 7 grand on because there is rain leaking in from some mystery spot and then the oil pan started leaking etc etc.

I don't need a car after 3-4 years because I might move out of province to go to lawschool and I'll live on campus.

stealthballer

nope a chick will look at a neon just like a saturn thats the thing, you want to drop 10 grand on a car when in reality no chick is gonna think any differently of it than if you bought a 3 grand car.

chick getting in a neon "ewwww"
chick getting in saturn "ewwww"

same shit but you save 7 grand

Yummybud

Veteran
I don't give a crap what chicks think.

when you're in university a saturn or a neon can be a luxury vehicle (beats the bus) unless you're rich then you drive your new 350Z or m3 to school and get all the gold digging chicks.

it's not like a chick is not going to go out with me because I drive an ugly car.

if I wanted a "chick magnet" I'd keep my porsche, girls seem to like it, well my sisters 18 year old friends have told me they like it haha. but they probably also think the ricest out civic is sweet.

Last edited:

stealthballer

Yummybud said:
I don't give a crap what chicks think.

when you're in university a saturn or a neon can be a luxury vehicle (beats the bus) unless you're rich then you drive your new 350Z or m3 to school and get all the gold digging chicks.

okay so if you understand that comparison then why would you want to spend three times as much?

7 grand is a ton of fun especially for a college kid, in reality an old school toyota for a grand would be my choice if I was you.

Yummybud

Veteran
yeah but wouldn't you rather have a newer car? I guess everyone could buy a 1 grand toyota but it's not going to be as nice as a newer car.

I'm not saying I want a luxury car but I'd prefer a newer basic car, nothing fancy but I'm tired of old school cars.

stealthballer

Yummybud said:
yeah but wouldn't you rather have a newer car? I guess everyone could buy a 1 grand toyota but it's not going to be as nice as a newer car.

I'm not saying I want a luxury car but I'd prefer a newer basic car, nothing fancy but I'm tired of old school cars.

why though? if you can make a profit on your porche and get a not all that old school car why wouldn't you want to save some cash. A saturn from 1996 looks the exact same as a 2006 one. Thats the beauty of a saturn the sl series haven't really bean updated from day one. Its a 2006 car any way you slice it. I am sure other manufacturier have the same kinda car in the line up.
in college a guy with money to burn beats the shit out of a guy with a better car and broke

Yummybud

Veteran
maybe but what am I going to spend all my money on? wouldn't be bad to save it in the bank I guess.

Yummybud

Veteran
I have never looked at a Saturn.... I know my friend's mom used to drive one.... it's usually women in their 40s that drive saturns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts