What's new

best clones in Vienna?

OakyJoe

TC Nursery est 2020
Veteran
Kann mir jemand sagen, ob die folgenden 4 Sorten von Premium Genetics was taugen?
Gerade auch in Hinblick auf Schimmelressistenz, Blütezeit und Ertrag?

- Tangie (Mojito Cut)
- Lemontree
- Critical Kush
- Bavarian Barbarian

Danke ;)

Der Mojito Cut hat schon seine Daseinsberechtigung

Hab einiges an Tangie(artiges) via Stecker & Seeds probiert, aber der Mojito sticht schon besonders raus.

- Ertrag ist im Vergleich doch schon im "gehobenen" Bereich.
- Smell & Taste sind onpoint, jedoch "etwas" anderst als ne richtige Tangie. ( keinesfalls Ausgewaschen )

Soweit ich weiß ist der Mojito Cut aus ner "größeren Anzahl Seeds" ne eigene Selektion von Premium Genetics , findest du aber auch mit dem selben Namen in anderen Shops mittlerweile.

Wen du ne etwas andere Tangie magst kann ich dir diesen Cut sehr ans Herz legen! Ansonsten selektier dir lieber einen aus Seeds, im D/A/CH Bereich kreisen nochmals mindestens 2 Verschiedene "Tangie" Cuts.

LG

Hoypare.

Plantnation:

Small shop but good genetics and nice prices. I grew their Tangerine Dream, Tangerine Power, White Russian, Super Orange Glue #3 & #9, Amnesia, Zombie Kush and L.S.D. I was very satisfied with the service, but a few months ago something changed. The guy in the shop is unfriendly and sometimes i felt guilty to disturb him while he was chilling.
Nice friendly shop,always had good service :tiphat:
picture.php

View image in gallery

Clockmaker

Krumme gurken

Krumme gurken

Does everyone experiences with purchase clone in this shop?

Tried few gens and almost have Hop Latent Viroid (HpLVd).
It means finaly plants had defect with buds - critical low yield!
And I bought with clones spider mites of course

Now absolutely unreliable shop for me. Seeds will be 100% better solution for next time

Last edited:

wutwut

Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Does everyone experiences with purchase clone in this shop?

Tried few gens and almost have Hop Latent Viroid (HpLVd).
It means finaly plants had defect with buds - critical low yield!
And I bought with clones spider mites of course

Now absolutely unreliable shop for me. Seeds will be 100% better solution for next time

i have. very nice communication and support but also my plant had mites. luckily i got rid off them and harvested nice buds. so it's good and it's not. depends what you want.

Clockmaker

i have. very nice communication and support but also my plant had mites. luckily i got rid off them and harvested nice buds. so it's good and it's not. depends what you want.

What I want? May be normal gens, not virus infected. Compare with virus/without

Same ligth, same soil, same conditions

Clones from krumme gurken: no resin, smells all the same stink, fragile stems, small buds

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

There clones from a local guy:

picture.php

picture.php

Sry for position of picture, i cant do it in cell phone

aikaramba

I never bought from Krumme Gurken, but I got some mosaic virus from plantnation that's a pain in the ass to get rid of and ruined my crop for 12 months. I got myself some Physan20 for thorough disinfection. I hope it's gone now, will know in a couple of weeks.

Viral times indeed...

Clockmaker

I never bought from Krumme Gurken, but I got some mosaic virus from plantnation that's a pain in the ass to get rid of and ruined my crop for 12 months. I got myself some Physan20 for thorough disinfection. I hope it's gone now, will know in a couple of weeks.

Viral times indeed...

Tobacco mosaic virus, can be bad, but my experience is, I had it long time, and clones are still perfect, good yielding many years.

About Physan20 Ive never heard of it, but I'd be very careful about use it on plants, mother plants. It can damage ganetics. For example, your plants attack broad mites, they are fuckin microscopic creatures, which eat rosin, leaves and inject into the plant toxin. You kill them by any stronger insecticid but toxin inside plant- mother plant, causes RNA damage and product from clones is " fucked " - verified!

Virus Hop Latent Viroid (HpLVd) travels in plant slowely. Sometimes you cut many clones and only some have been infected, but it'll not dissppear.
Now I'm getting to the Poodle's core :) This cloneshops has forum cuts from everywhere, nobody knows what it went through. spraying, healing... get some mothers, try it on flowering - virus is on start and they grow perfect plants but in time come virus on scene
Same problem have Clonelab, I got information, same problem with forum cuts phenos, and cuts from anywhere, insted of regular big, classsical selection from regular seeds in sterile protected mother room.
And at the end of the melting chain is a customer, who spent a lot of money, harvest mothing much and sellers in cloneshops will say, its your problem, bad air exchange, over burn, too much nitrogen,
left hands, we have healthy new mothers plants. Haha, bussines is bussines

Sry, write a lot...

aikaramba

To be honest, I have never heard of HpLVd and have no idea if it's really TMV that I'm struggling with. I'm sure it's a virus because it spreads from plant to plant, crippling plants and reducing yields by ~70%. I rarely get a mosaic pattern on leaves but when I touched an uninfected plant after an infected one, the healthy leaf basically showed my fingerprint in a mosaic pattern a couple of days later.

Physan20 is a disinfectant based on ammonium chloride and proven to work well as a virucide. It's not really dangerous for people, instructions say greenhouse workers who smoke should dip their hands in a solution to prevent TMV. It's supposedly not toxic to bees and the only problem is when it gets into water because it covers fish gills. Not a problem when you spray it.
Instructions also say you can use it on plants, but I used it for room disinfection only.

Regarding cloneshops:
Well, I completely get your idealistic idea that everyone should do their own selections to prevent something like this, but keep in mind that a selection run still requires flowering which is illegal. Since every selection run poses a legal risk for owner or people around him, you try to keep the numbers low. That's why proven selections often find their way in other shops. Prime example is premium genetics, they basically took the best strains and cuts from other shops.
In addition, most people just want the famous original cuts and not some watered down seed version.

What we need is awareness that this problem exists, because most growers and even shop owners give you the skecptical eyebrow when you mention viral diseases on cannabis. Handling this requires absolute 100% cleanliness. Cloneshops should definitely develop a IPM program..

aikaramba

After reading a little into it, I'm quite sure it's HpLVD for me too and not TMV - thank you so much for pointing me into this direction!

Three things I noticed:
1.) Different strains are not equally affected. My impression is that strains like Trainwreck only suffer about 30% in yield, while many OG Kush Strains are totally devastated with ~70% less yield.

2.) Organic does a WAY better job at keeping the infection in check. With mineral fertilizers, you run into deficiencies and lockouts in no time, while an organically fed plant might still develop tasty potent flowers and healthy looking plants. They are still small, dudded and low-yielding - but the quality is good

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Normaly i get my clones from plantnation, growsolutions, floweryfield and blumen per lumen. From all of them plantnation sells the youngest clones. But i like their selection.

Growsolution sells a different trainwreck then most other shop which is very strong. Puts me always to sleep if i smoke to much. And during summer time u can get big outdoor grown clones for cheap.

Last edited:

Clockmaker

So the resault, used area 120x120 , light 500w led.
Crew: watemelon zkittles, dosidos, gg4, 4g, laog, super nice(only this pheno was normal without virus)
Yield: 213g (round before,the same number of plants,medium, but used another gens from local clone producer,yield 620g)

Big shit, sry but krumme gurken never more!

Last edited:

aikaramba

Yep, about the same yield difference for me. But I never got anything from Krumme Gurken, only clonelab (their Chem91 once over 2 years ago, can not say for sure if thats when it started) and plantnation. It's ridiculously difficult to get rid of once you have it in your room

wutwut

Veteran
winner@420giveaway
so..how i can detect that HpLVD for sure? and how does it get into plant? by touch?

burmese

someone with info about white satin clone?
//i dont know if i buy norstar repro or going to vienna for clone if its good selection//

aikaramba

so..how i can detect that HpLVD for sure? and how does it get into plant? by touch?

It spreads by mechanical transmission, so either from plants touching each other or by tools or the grower. It's not even a virus but merely a piece of self-replicating RNA that f**ks up the processes within the plant once it enters the cells.
I rarely see twisted leafs and mosaic patterns. The most obvious thing for me is the reduced water consumption (30-50% less) after about 3 weeks of flower. The side branches are also very thin and weak, like toothpicks. If you have one or two infected clones and see it spread within the room you'll get a good feeling what it looks like.

If you're a organic grower and don't know the strain you might not even notice you have it and just think it's a terrible yielder because the plants look healthy till the end but with absolutely miserable yields. I recommend you google for hplvd, darkheartnursery has two very informative videos on the topic.

wutwut

Veteran
winner@420giveaway
It spreads by mechanical transmission, so either from plants touching each other or by tools or the grower. It's not even a virus but merely a piece of self-replicating RNA that f**ks up the processes within the plant once it enters the cells.
I rarely see twisted leafs and mosaic patterns. The most obvious thing for me is the reduced water consumption (30-50% less) after about 3 weeks of flower. The side branches are also very thin and weak, like toothpicks. If you have one or two infected clones and see it spread within the room you'll get a good feeling what it looks like.

If you're a organic grower and don't know the strain you might not even notice you have it and just think it's a terrible yielder because the plants look healthy till the end but with absolutely miserable yields. I recommend you google for hplvd, darkheartnursery has two very informative videos on the topic.

yes i am organic grower but i had some problems by my own fault. so that's reason which i blame for low yield. under 400watt i got 0.55 g/w in 4x4 tent with 3 plants. not sure is it really "low" but for me it is low to moderate. i wan't high. 0.8-1.2g/w!

bud stucture is not very dense but i gave them nutes so randomly. i stopped using N before middle of flowering stage to see how it affects to taste. temp was high and incoming air level was low. can't say it is virus but now i see some weird colours and small twisting leaves in my clones.. i think they stressed due transplanting to high nutrition soil.

i give them one more chance to see their possibility. ahcc from krumme gurken was really good but og kush do not have many trichomes on it. so hard to say anything without seeing new round that is free of mistakes.

aikaramba

Plants need nitrogen during flower. If you use an organic source of nitrogen, there is no need to cut it out during flowering.
Taste always has two components: The stuff that tastes bad and the stuff that tastes good(like terps). To maximize flavor, you want to minimize nitrate/chlorophyll storages and maximize terp production.

Minimizing nitrate is easy: Don't feed nitrates. For mineral fertilizer guys this might bedifficult, but I've been experimenting with switching nitrogen sources in mid flower from mineral nitrate to amino acids. I would not advise this in a drip irrigation system, it will clog lines. It might work when a active pump is used for irrigation to prevent blocking.
Minimizing chlorophyll: Afaik this is not just a matter of nutrients, but is also affected by things like day length and light spectrum (especially certain red wavelengths). And something I haven't seen anyone mentioning: The bud itself does not have much chlorophyll (light green), it's mostly the leaves. A good trim that removes all leaves completely can really help minimize stuff that tastes bad and improve smoothness.
Also emptying carbohydrate storages by lights off 48h prior to harvest can help. In fruits you eat, lots of carbohydrates might be desirable - in stuff you burn and inhale, not so much.

Maximizing terp production:
Here the mineral fertilizer guys can learn from organics: Bat guano is always said to improve taste, and after comparing I'm quite sure it's the chitin/chitosan in guano that makes the difference. Google
ChiProPlant 0,25g/L once a week. Another thing I want to stress is the amount of sulfur. A mineral fertilizer run I had with >110ppm sulfur (if you can't tell: this is a pretty high amount compared to standard nutrient regimes) was by far the stinkiest ever.

wutwut

Veteran
winner@420giveaway

thanks man! there is alot of information. have you ever tried the 'ash test' to give nutrients till harvest but also try to flush them out completely? i think i will try that in next round to compare between two plants for seeing what happens to weight and taste.