What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Bagseed x NYCD X Sensi Star

aliceklar

Started adding CaliMagic to the nute mix, some plants show hollow stems and want to balance out that deficiency.

Also made up spreadsheet to track all the plants from seed/cuttings with excel from start to finish.

My old brain is slipping, so with the spreadsheet can track what I am growing and when to flip/chop, etc.

Several phenos with staggered start times.

I use a spreadsheet too. No way I could remember otherwise!

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
I use a spreadsheet too. No way I could remember otherwise!

Indeed, after growing for ten years +, then making crosses, one would wonder how to track
multiple lines and cuttings/seedlings.

There was a time I felt burned out with the breeding task, coupled with new cultivars.

Maybe gave up a few chances with some cultivars as a result of throwing in the towel to lack of foresight and planning.

No more lost chances, software for the win, lol

I may have asked already, but which White Rhino you use to cross Medical Mass anyway.

aliceklar

I may have asked already, but which White Rhino you use to cross Medical Mass anyway.

It was a plant from a 10 pack of MSNL regs, bought in 2019. Funny thing is, I didn't get any females from that batch (because I managed to kill most of them!). so I'm yet to smoke any white rhino. I've got a pack of Verdant Green's Rhino D, tho, which I plan to include in my next grow :)

Dropped Cat

Veteran
There is an effect I hadn't expected with the high THC content of the recent cultivars.

Waking in the middle of the night, around four hours after toking, wide awake and way too mindful of stress points in my day to day.

A few nights per week waking with anxiety, only to find sleep again after an hour or so sorting mentally through the days events.

sigh.

GanjaLion

Did you pop something known to have high thc-v? Could be thc-v, if thats the case hold onto it and smoke it during the day time.

Dropped Cat

Veteran
My diet remains the same, I don't have coffee after 11 am, and no soda or other sugary drinks.

The MLI, and the 07 cut have yet to present the effect, so I am curious about the new cultivars
potential for the sleeplessness.

Quite unnerving, as in a deep sleep and around 4 or 5 am I bolt up, like completely awake,
and will stay that way or 60-90 minutes. Heart rate is steady blood pressure elevated.

Elevated awareness of stress points usually easily dealt with, now acute and shockingly
up front in my awareness.

At night, while I usually sleep soundly all the way thru to what used to be wake time.

For now I've stopped toking and will see what's what.

Dropped Cat

Veteran
Yea thc-v its called...look into it

Your mention of thc v got me thinking of temps of burn, and how that relates to the quality of the session.

Recently been using a flame burner vs a bic, and perhaps that is where the difference is.

420F degrees vs 350F, likely am hitting too high temps at night, release much thc + thc-v.

We'll see.

GanjaLion

For sure, anythings possible man. Some strains have some really high amounts, I remember one of Subcools strains having it. Its definitely unpleasant to try and sleep after smoking thcv.

Dropped Cat

Veteran
For sure, anythings possible man. Some strains have some really high amounts, I remember one of Subcools strains having it. Its definitely unpleasant to try and sleep after smoking thcv.

Yup, I believe the high burn temps with the flame lighter did me in.

I will do a daytime session with the higher temp burn and enjoy the ride.

But evening tokes will be low temp, confirmed.

Maybe will shop a vape for burning buds, adjustable burn temps to suit my needs.

Learning all the time.

Dropped Cat

Veteran
Likely a magnesium thing with my insomnia.

The new cultivars actually pointed me to that conclusion.

As I am generally healthy with a good diet, my age points to the deficiency.

The addition of a magnesium supplement should correct the sleeplessness.

I actually toyed with the notion of ditching the grow and cannabis altogether.

If anyone suffers with a sleep disorder as I have, the stacking bad night's sleep day after day can be quite disarming.

Grow on!

Dropped Cat

Veteran
Soon to chop, MLI and Agent Lemon, Gorila Girl too.

The Gorilla Girl stash is the most potent, followed by the Sugar Black Rose

The 07 stash is still the best go to for effect, with the MLI a close second.

I'm thinking of ditching the GG, we'll see.

Dropped Cat

Veteran
Agent Lemon chopped:
Click image for larger version  Name:	AGLE-Two-Tops.jpg Views:	0 Size:	105.3 KB ID:	18092660
Click image for larger version  Name:	AGLE-One-Top.jpg Views:	0 Size:	143.0 KB ID:	18092661
Click image for larger version  Name:	AGLE-Yield.jpg Views:	0 Size:	155.4 KB ID:	18092662
Click image for larger version  Name:	AGLE.jpg Views:	0 Size:	163.5 KB ID:	18092663

This is a good plant, grapefruit presenting at chop, a cutting of a cutting.

Much more to come as there are more seeds to pop, with two males in veg to cross with hopefully more females.

Original Agent Lemon x Jack the Ripper by Regular Seeds.

Dropped Cat

Veteran
Three Chemdog by Anesia Seeds (OG Kush x Sour Diesel) in flower likely will surpass the Agent Lemon in yield and profile.

Carbon filter working overtime with the current cultivars. lol

Chopped the Maple Leaf Indica too, good stuff.

I did lose one of the three Chemdog plants, but the two remaining in veg are good.

Cuts of Gorilla Girl (Gorilla Glue X Girl Scout Cookies Thin Mint) by Sweet Seeds, in play.

One in flower, soon to chop.

One sweating in the jar, good stuff.

Dropped Cat

Veteran
Transplanted the seed from Orange Sherbet FEM last plant, tail at two days water soak.

Into light seedling mix, hoping this one will veg to cuts in a few weeks, previous cut was looong time, lol.

The original plant was excellent smoke, sad to see her go, but this seed can be redemption, hopefully.

Dropped Cat

Veteran
Orange Sherbet seed popped, above ground, hopefully will be more robust than the original.

Dropped Cat

Veteran
Agent Lemon yield sweating, also Maple Leaf Indica.

They alternate paper bag and glass jar to maximize cure to my desired dryness.

Looking at vape devices to maximize herb burn rates, not too hot, not too cool.

aliceklar

Agent Lemon yield sweating, also Maple Leaf Indica.

They alternate paper bag and glass jar to maximize cure to my desired dryness.

Looking at vape devices to maximize herb burn rates, not too hot, not too cool.

I've just ordered a Pax vape - I hear they are v good for herb. Will let you know how it goes!

Dropped Cat

Veteran
I've just ordered a Pax vape - I hear they are v good for herb. Will let you know how it goes!

Good deal.

I'm leaning to the Arizer Solo 2 vape, good reviews and works for me as i don't need a portable.

Never did I think about combustion temps and quality of the session until I smoked the high THC cultivars I have now.

Latest posts

Latest posts