What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Back from the Dead - The new SSSC (Super Sativa Seed Club)

Piff_cat

Is there any reference to the information that led you to post:

”Kees and nevil did work together in the very beginning of haze is durban x haze c was in catalog and entered in Cannabis cup.”

Is that just you saying it or is there any substance to that?

There's a kees article when he discusses it nevil talked a bit about it on mns he confirmed that south African haze, Paki sat, 2 hawaiian sativas were to haze c. It's mentioned multiple times In general the Holland scene came out of some 0retty crazy places these guys were posting up abandoned buildings figuring out rockwool and lighting as they went. There's a couple real good Holland forums. They ran in same circles when nev got arrested they stopped. So yea

Stocktont

Veteran
There's a kees article when he discusses it nevil talked a bit about it on mns he confirmed that south African haze, Paki sat, 2 hawaiian sativas were to haze c. It's mentioned multiple times In general the Holland scene came out of some 0retty crazy places these guys were posting up abandoned buildings figuring out rockwool and lighting as they went. There's a couple real good Holland forums. They ran in same circles when nev got arrested they stopped. So yea

Never read that in Nevils posts at that forum, only thing I saw him comment was that he didn't pay much attention to SSSC... you got any quotes from Nevil saying that? I asked as you said they "worked together" not that tjey might have met or ran in same circles. Was just curious... never mind

Piff_cat

The Skunk#1 x Haze clone talked about should be the same Karma used and crossed with his A5 which is still being sold at different places as ”Southern Collective OSH A5 Hz”. The same clone Karel is talking about in that podcast interview where he clearly said it was Skunk x Haze not pure Haze. He also said where they got the seeds in that podcast, they got it from Sam The Skunkman, as he said, everyone got seeds from Sam….

osh is def not pure haze and of course everything came from sam st some point. And I can't be 100 percent sure about the osh clone male. But we can be sure that nev gave karel access to one of his 69 males in South African haze. It's in sssc Catalogue and also entered in Cannabis cup under seed bank name. Karels new website changes the narrative regarding the 69 seeds he now claims that sam had 20 old Haze seeds and he gave 10 to nevil and 10 to karel. Obviously we know that's bullshit but it's interesting that he tries spin a claim to those males. There is alot of good info and pics in the wietforum. And of course haze master sammy would know the most maybe he'll drop in. I'll look on dutch thread

Piff_cat

Found one of the blurbs

Attachments

• photo2108448.jpg
    photo2108448.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 137
  • photo2108449.jpg
    photo2108449.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 137
  • photo2108450.jpg
    photo2108450.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 143
  • photo2108451.jpg
    photo2108451.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 134

Stocktont

Veteran
Found one of the blurbs

Yes but no quotes from Nevil on that topic. I don't really trust Karels story, he talks on Mat Riot's podcast too, a lot of talk why I asked for references but it seems its mostly dutch business as usual. I think the seeds will speak the truth no mattar what story they try to sell.

yes the "OSH" I talked about was Skink#1 x Haze so NOT pure Haze. Karma combined it with A5 Haze (NL5 x Haze A) so I wasn't talking about a male but a female hybrid.

i am aware that SSSC were squatters, that's how they grow according to Karel in the Mat Riot podcast.

Stocktont

Veteran
26/10/2021Karel of Super Sativa Seed Club - Episode 22 (LIVE FROM BARCELONA, SPAIN)
https://shows.acast.com/first-smoke-...des/episode-22

Karel claims Sam had a few different haze lines but only had 20 seed of his favorite Haze.

Sam and Karel grew 10 seed and Nevil grew 10 seed lol.

Start at 8.30 min or at 10 min for the Haze story by Karel.

Every one seams to have lost their minds.

Didn't listen to this one, the one with Notsodog and Mat Riot also has a lot of statements that, well, sounds like dutch business, got to love the dutch. He talks about female haze clobe plants that are not related to A or C but of course he says he could use those too...

Not everything said on the internet is true, most things cannabis said with a dutch accent isn't but we have known this since thw 90s so it doesn't come as much of a surprise

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Didn't listen to this one, the one with Notsodog and Mat Riot also has a lot of statements that, well, sounds like dutch business, got to love the dutch. He talks about female haze clobe plants that are not related to A or C but of course he says he could use those too...

Not everything said on the internet is true, most things cannabis said with a dutch accent isn't but we have known this since thw 90s so it doesn't come as much of a surprise

A lot of what is posted even on the forums are the same mate.

Lots claim this and that and the reality is a good story sells.

Stocktont

Veteran
A lot of what is posted even on the forums are the same mate.

Lots claim this and that and the reality is a good story sells.

A lot posted on forums (period) is the same thing, doesn't matter who/where the story comes from, its just stories. This is why I asked about references as its the only way to see where the story comes from. In this case it boiled down to what Karel said about his own story so no it wasn't anything documented just something he says and we can all take that for whatever we think the gossip is worth.

at least Karel is trying to build on his own story. The seeds will show how much of the story is just marketing and how much is real.

Piff_cat

Ah that interview was one I was looking for. I'm gonna try and find tge nevil quotes on mr nice but shanti has censored quite a bit. I've resorted to the waybackmachine couple times and had results. But it's tedious and frustrating because not all urls are cached. If I remember correctly the relevant quotes were in response to a bigherb question. Sammy has mentioned the durban recently here. He also refers to the osh clone as rotting whale smell lol. Don't think south Holland guys have much use for skunk.
this whole situation is why I'm trying to nail down some metrics of 69 haze male progeny. Ultimately it's the linked traits, terpene synthase, minor cannabinoid content, mitochondrial haplotype (non recombinant) y chromosome stud line influence we care about. Sure the history and mystery is fun but targeted breeding traits thru pedigree is much funner. Lol

Piff_cat

Here's the Holland thread. Yo sammy is ag13 FYI and a5 is tge old guy. Anyway alot of nice pics in here and I translated link if anyone wants to read some misinformation in beginning but sammy corrects it early. Hope you find some fire in your seeds!

https://www.wietforum.nl/topic/73266-old-school-haze-kweekverslag/
​​​​​​​

Attachments

• photo2108554.jpg
    photo2108554.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 104
  • photo2108555.jpg
    photo2108555.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 102
  • photo2108556.jpg
    photo2108556.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 105

BM-504

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I wonder why he waited all these years to bring back SSSC, seeds have been a big business since the late 90's.

Stay safe
BM

goingrey

I wonder why he waited all these years to bring back SSSC, seeds have been a big business since the late 90's.

Stay safe
BM

Wasn't it because his son grew up and got interested in his dad's old weed? I might just be making things up high though not quite sure anymore.

Stocktont

Veteran
Ah that interview was one I was looking for. I'm gonna try and find tge nevil quotes on mr nice but shanti has censored quite a bit. I've resorted to the waybackmachine couple times and had results. But it's tedious and frustrating because not all urls are cached. If I remember correctly the relevant quotes were in response to a bigherb question. Sammy has mentioned the durban recently here. He also refers to the osh clone as rotting whale smell lol. Don't think south Holland guys have much use for skunk.
this whole situation is why I'm trying to nail down some metrics of 69 haze male progeny. Ultimately it's the linked traits, terpene synthase, minor cannabinoid content, mitochondrial haplotype (non recombinant) y chromosome stud line influence we care about. Sure the history and mystery is fun but targeted breeding traits thru pedigree is much funner. Lol

Yea I agree plants are funner hehe. They are what its all about in the end. Yes I hope to find some nice haze hybrids in the seeds,the idea of combining a skunk/haze with a NL5/haze isn't new but it worked very well before. I personally don't mind the skunk/haze side.

g0dzilla

ICMag Donor
Veteran

Stay safe
BM

They started an organic fertilizer company and ive had quite good success with products . Bio tabs.