What's new

Avoid this cheapo company

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
🦫 Special 🍆
kool if you figured it out, great
this problem is quite common and problem is always, somehow the cables of led zero gets voltage

Reactions: Gry

Gry

Veteran
You can have the same parts and have loose connections, loose screws, poor solder, just plain poor build with one company such as Mars. Or far less chance of this such as the reputation of hlg
But they don’t lol. I bet mars has a much higher failure rate than HLG. But to your point, let’s assume they do. Once failure occurs, what happens next ?
In my case, Mars Hydro resolved the issue well and I am fully satisfied.
Were I in the market, I would have no qualms buying another Mars Hydro product.
I would also consider a Spider Farmer product, based solely on the review of Ringodoggie.
Over the years his reviews have been well balanced, and rational. Which makes his reviews an
asset and a positive contribution to the community here.
As opposed to the bets, and unfounded claims and assumptions you offered this thread.
In communicating with the OP, I have come to understand that Mars offered him the same as
they did me. The difference being that I have a background in service and warranty, and
I was comfortable with the resolution Mars Hydro offered, where the OP was not.

eastcoastjoe

The difference being that I have a background in service and warranty, and

That is what separates the industry leaders versus hack companies selling the lies of warranty.
What good would a car warranty do if they only covered parts that needed to be replaced by the owner ? To the mechanic, not a huge issue. To the average car owner, it’s a problem.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
I tried the light on another outlet with the timer and it's the extension cord who is fucked up, I'll buy a new one asap. thanks for this, it was bugging me to see this and it"s certainly not very safe.
My guess is you just had to plug the light or extension cord 180 degrees turned into the timer/outlet. Residual voltage can happen even from cables winding too much around eachother into the walls. Most timers don't cut both wires, just one. Turn the plug the other way (so that the timer cuts the other wire) and it's solved in 90% of cases.
With non-reversible plugs that have 3 prongs, there is 50% chance to fix it with new extension cord or other outlet.

Last edited:

kro-magnon

Veteran
I think I will buy a new extension cord because the one I have is really old now and I have a non-reversible plug. I prefer to spend a few € to have peace of mind and being safer.

All Cacti Are Beautiful

420club
I don't remember where I read it but instead of a mechanical timer it was advised to use an electronic one. Apparently the mechanical timer doesn't fully stop all electrical current when turned off. For non led this is too little energy but leds could get enough to stay slightly lit, which could obviously lead to undesired effects in bloom.

kro-magnon

Veteran
I don't remember where I read it but instead of a mechanical timer it was advised to use an electronic one. Apparently the mechanical timer doesn't fully stop all electrical current when turned off. For non led this is too little energy but leds could get enough to stay slightly lit, which could obviously lead to undesired effects in bloom.
So far I have had no problem with the mechanical timer and my LED in the flower space, it is totally off when it should.

MD84

there is a reason that people bash chinese products.... thats because 99pct of em (or 98pct) SUCK

In my case, Mars Hydro resolved the issue well and I am fully satisfied.
Were I in the market, I would have no qualms buying another Mars Hydro product.
I would also consider a Spider Farmer product, based solely on the review of Ringodoggie.
Over the years his reviews have been well balanced, and rational. Which makes his reviews an
asset and a positive contribution to the community here.
As opposed to the bets, and unfounded claims and assumptions you offered this thread.
In communicating with the OP, I have come to understand that Mars offered him the same as
they did me. The difference being that I have a background in service and warranty, and
Another difference is the fact i'm in a wheelchair and i told thee people sending me dimmers doesn't really help a great deal. I really needed something to just plug and go. I was even willing at the time to buy more lights from them at a 50% discount provided i could have the option to upgrade to something newer and more up to date. They refused all options except what suited them. So for me it isn't just how they dealt with the issue. It's also the fact that one arose in the first place. Which seems all too common with their products

Latest posts

Latest posts