What's new

Avoid this cheapo company

Gry

Veteran
Its cool to see Mars step up and respond to this problem posted in their own forum...oh that is right they have not made any comments.....there's your answer right there....no reputable company is going to have you doing electrical work to "warranty" the light.
I built my own light from scratch and quality parts. I know it will be OK. I built it in May of 2020 and still rocking perfectly. Never had a issue.
I would NEVER buy ANYTHING from MARS HYDRO.
To say that just because LED tech is new...which it is not, they deserve a break for issues is idiotic.
Have a sweet day. Peace negative.
I recall you telling me of the issues you had with defective parts. Light bars it was, if I recall correctly.
If you were able to resolve that with out cost, then you have indeed done well, but let's be honest in making a comparison. The product you bought was sold as a high end unit, and the cost at the time did reflect that. I recall that you were less than content with the service for a period of time.
Mars on the other hand was offering a decent product with value being a driving force.
I think this is an apples vs oranges comparison. Am glad you have had no further issues with your unit.
Am still going to pull my drivers out of the tent, and will attach them to a metal surface as a sink
with fans on them. Having seen the attached pictures, that seems like a reasonable thing to do, and
frankly I feel somewhat foolish for not having done so earlier as a precautionary step.
As to no company would have you doing work to get the light going, I thought that was what you
did with the light you have, am I mistaken in my recollection here ?
Not trying too pick nits here as much as to show that none of these outfits seems to have found
the mythical golden slipper when it comes to lights.
I noticed you said you would not buy from Mars Hydro, but then I also could not help but
notice that you did not say who you would buy from.
To be just as up front myself, I was given one of the FC3000 Units to check out in exchange
for posting the results from a grow with it. It was right after you had put your unit together. I was impressed enough with it that I bought another FC3000 with the other chipset.
Had to replace the round connector on one, and did so on the other as a proactive measure.

eastcoastjoe

I recall you telling me of the issues you had with defective parts. Light bars it was, if I recall correctly.
If you were able to resolve that with out cost, then you have indeed done well, but let's be honest in making a comparison. The product you bought was sold as a high end unit, and the cost at the time did reflect that. I recall that you were less than content with the service for a period of time.
Mars on the other hand was offering a decent product with value being a driving force.
I think this is an apples vs oranges comparison. Am glad you have had no further issues with your unit.
Am still going to pull my drivers out of the tent, and will attach them to a metal surface as a sink
with fans on them. Having seen the attached pictures, that seems like a reasonable thing to do, and
frankly I feel somewhat foolish for not having done so earlier as a precautionary step.
As to no company would have you doing work to get the light going, I thought that was what you
Not trying too pick nits here as much as to show that none of these outfits seems to have found
I noticed you said you would not buy from Mars Hydro, but then I also could not help but
To be just as up front myself, I was given one of the FC3000 Units to check out in exchange
for posting the results from a grow with it. It was right after you had put your unit together. I was impressed enough with it that I bought another FC3000 with the other chipset.
Had to replace the round connector on one, and did so on the other as a proactive measure.

HLG don’t have people out here rewiring fixtures

Ringodoggie

For inexpensive China made lights, I have 6 Spider Farmer lights and have had zero issues with any of them.

Just because it's made in China, doesn't necessarily mean it's bad.

eastcoastjoe

I would definitely agree. But that doesn’t mean that because you never had any issues yet, that anything said here is any less true. China is the counterfeit capital of the world. They are known for selling cheaply made products for a low price.

But to your point , god forbid you have an issue. let’s hear what happens when you try to use the warranty lol
At any rate, this is about mars lights, not spider farmer.

Gry

Veteran
If we could set aside the BS, I was taught that when one was working with things of an important nature, the tradition was to call for mil spec components - with an understanding that they would be several times the cost of normal parts.
While one may have positive or negative feelings about HGL, or Spider Farm or any other outfit
out there, as long as they are all buying parts from the same suppliers, they are all likely
to have similar rates of issues.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
If we could set aside the BS, I was taught that when one was working with things of an important nature, the tradition was to call for mil spec components - with an understanding that they would be several times the cost of normal parts.
While one may have positive or negative feelings about HGL, or Spider Farm or any other outfit
out there, as long as they are all buying parts from the same suppliers, they are all likely
when u are dealing with the chinese the one thing to remember is.... they lie...

eastcoastjoe

But they don’t lol. I bet mars has a much higher failure rate than HLG. But to your point, let’s assume they do. Once faulure occurs, what happens next ?

blondie

You can have the same parts and have loose connections, loose screws, poor solder, just plain poor build with one company such as Mars. Or far less chance of this such as the reputation of hlg.

MD84

Yes some of their fixtures were marginally cheaper than the competition. But i wouldn't call a lighting fixture that costs almost £800 a value option. Infact i'm going back to the double ended Gavitas that haven't had any issues despite being less than half the price and more than double the age of the FC600's i have. The problem is cheap quality parts. Maybe they'll find a balance between quality and value, but for now the earlier customers like myself are the one's getting bent over.

MD84

For inexpensive China made lights, I have 6 Spider Farmer lights and have had zero issues with any of them.

This was one of my reasons for going for Mars hydro instead of an American or Euro company. I thought i'd give them the benefit of the doubt as i find it unfortunate that people always bash Chinese products. But, then i had these issues lmao.

MD84

I would definitely agree. But that doesn’t mean that because you never had any issues yet, that anything said here is any less true. China is the counterfeit capital of the world. They are known for selling cheaply made products for a low price.

But to your point , god forbid you have an issue. let’s hear what happens when you try to use the warranty lol
At any rate, this is about mars lights, not spider farmer.
The counterfeit capital of the world? And who requests these products in the first place? Who even wants designer goods because they want to follow these trends and become fashion victims? Americans and Europeans.......

kro-magnon

Veteran
Yes some of their fixtures were marginally cheaper than the competition. But i wouldn't call a lighting fixture that costs almost £800 a value option. Infact i'm going back to the double ended Gavitas that haven't had any issues despite being less than half the price and more than double the age of the FC600's i have. The problem is cheap quality parts. Maybe they'll find a balance between quality and value, but for now the earlier customers like myself are the one's getting bent over.
That's why I waited to be able to buy a brand who use better parts even if more expensive, you pay for your own security. The small board I have from Mars Hydro was bought because I couldn't find a good anything with decent price at 100w but now I realize I should bought something more expensive but more effective and secure. It's possible it will put to rest very. I've started to look for another veg light in the 100/150w of LED.
Have you noticed the LED don't totally turn off when they should. Mine make a very little light unless totally unplugged, that's weird.

Last edited:

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
I thought i'd give them the benefit of the doubt as i find it unfortunate that people always bash Chinese products. But, then i had these issues lmao.
there is a reason that people bash chinese products.... thats because 99pct of em (or 98pct) SUCK

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
🦫 Special 🍆
That's why I waited to be able to buy a brand who use better parts even if more expensive, you pay for your own security. The small board I have from Mars Hydro was bought because I couldn't find a good anything with decent price at 100w but now I realize I should bought something more expensive but more effective and secure. It's possible it will put to rest very. I've started to look for another veg light in the 100/150w of LED.
Have you noticed the LED don't totally turn off when they should. Mine make a very little light unless totally unplugged, that's weird.
that is not the leds fault, it is your electric wires network ground-zero has a point where it is a constant voltage..
probably caused by an active consumer device

Last edited:
Reactions: Gry

kro-magnon

Veteran
There is cord extension, a timer and the LED plugged on the same circuit, is it possible it's coming from the cord extension?

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
🦫 Special 🍆
not sure where from, but it is sure the zero has voltage on it, try to check the plug of the leds on ground zero with a voltage meter, and you will see if i was right or not
sometimes the timer is the point of error

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
🦫 Special 🍆
maybe it will be the timer, do you have different brand? try it with other timers

that voltage must come from somewhere, and first point of leaking is the timer

kro-magnon

Veteran
I tried the light on another outlet with the timer and it's the extension cord who is fucked up, I'll buy a new one asap. thanks for this, it was bugging me to see this and it"s certainly not very safe.