What's new

Avoid this cheapo company

MD84

As the title says....avoid this cheapass company and their shitty products. I bought a few fc 6500 lights. Less than 18 months use and all of them have pretty much failed. By failed i mean the dimmers do not work, when you turn the lights up they dim themselves and you don't get the full output you paid for. Mars Hydro's response with their 5 year warranty..............re wire them yourself lmfao. I wish i just went with Lumatek or someone who actually made half decent products. This kind of attitude especially with high powered electrical equipment is outrageous. Avoid at all costs

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
As the title says....avoid this cheapass company and their shitty products. I bought a few fc 6500 lights. Less than 18 months use and all of them have pretty much failed. By failed i mean the dimmers do not work, when you turn the lights up they dim themselves and you don't get the full output you paid for. Mars Hydro's response with their 5 year warranty..............re wire them yourself lmfao. I wish i just went with Lumatek or someone who actually made half decent products. This kind of attitude especially with high powered electrical equipment is outrageous. Avoid at all costs
Thank you for the post friend. Are you saying Mars Hydro's products you bought are not worth the money you spent?

HarleyJammer

Veteran
I used to run Lumatek ballasts. Great product and worked like a champ! :)

superx

Veteran
I come pretty close to biting the bullet and making a purchase, posts similar to yourself, and countless other posts on the quality, made me think otherwise. To many quality manufacturers of Led currently on the market to take unnecessary risks.

For now , I will keep running with MH/HPS... (at least I know what I'm getting in return)

MD84

Another offer from these guys.........points on their web shop worth a whopping £20. So the offers from them have been to replace the dimmers which i need to rewire myself having already stated that i cannot do this as i'm in a wheelchair. Or, 50% off the same model of light when it comes back in stock. Yeah right so i can have more broken lights in 18 months. All i really wanted was new drivers/dimmers that can be easily plugged in with no re wiring etc or failing that a complete replacement. I think i'm about done going back and forth with these guys now.

blondie

This is my mars led. I’m very lucky this didn’t cause a fire.

Attachments

• 4A06CA79-DE99-45D0-B8FC-78D15F15E842.jpeg
    4A06CA79-DE99-45D0-B8FC-78D15F15E842.jpeg
    801.3 KB · Views: 95

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
ohhhh yeah ... in the dictionary under 'shitty chinese products' , there should be a pic of mars - i came home from dinner some months ago , checked my tent room and smell burning rubber - the plug of my new fce8000 is smoking at the outlet- i pulled it out, and finished the grow with some other cheap led's i have - after about 2mos mars sent me a new plug/wire - am i going to use this fixture next grows... i am not sure... and no need to put the word ''shitty'' in front of a chinese product... its understood...

Lrus007

Veteran
well reading this not even going to try.
got LED's almost exactly 2 years ago.
2 300 watt LED's i would have to look at what 1's
well go to turn one on last night for some teens.
1/2 did not light and side that did maybe 50%
power. checked all the wires ect. np's. i would
say i got 6 months of use from it. i did have 2nd
one same age. got them together. so switched
it out. do not have box 's they came in. was thinking warr. then i read this post. so i am not
even going to ask them about warr.
i was not impressed how they worked in bud.
so was using for midsize clones. even with
that job was not impressed. clones would get
light colored. i have kind of fixed that by hanging
2 floro tubes next to it. went back to greener.

in my opinion, i would not buy from mars again.

Alitolla

I'm sorry about all this because I've had two TSW2000 300w for 3 years now and they've never had a problem and they still run like new. I repeat, it's sad to read about so many negative experiences.
🙏🙏☮☮❤

Lrus007

Veteran
i got another story. reason i am not even going to try and get warr on light. i won 2 heat mats here
on a contest. well when i got around to needing
one. i plugged 1 in 1/2 hour not warm. so plugged in 2nd one same 1/2 hour not warm.
contacted mars. was asked to send a vid of them. well i don't own a cel so was not a option.
said need a vid to replace them. so i was out
2 heat mat's.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Last month I bought the new fc1500 for a small veg closet. When I finally plugged it in the dimmer knob is messed up. Doesn't start dimming until 1/4 of the way into a knob turn, then when it clicks into the off position, the light is still on.
I have two of their fc3000 and they work great and I have no complaints with their results, so I didn't bother letting them know about the fc1500, I needed the light immediately to replace my California Lightworks that died.

MD84

Last month I bought the new fc1500 for a small veg closet. When I finally plugged it in the dimmer knob is messed up. Doesn't start dimming until 1/4 of the way into a knob turn, then when it clicks into the off position, the light is still on.
I have two of their fc3000 and they work great and I have no complaints with their results, so I didn't bother letting them know about the fc1500, I needed the light immediately to replace my California Lightworks that died.
The dimmers on the fc series really seem problematic. The ones they just sent seem to be a little different so they probably have upgraded some bits if they have any sense at all.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Have you had any success with California Lightworks Light?

Latest posts

Latest posts