What's new

Auto Malawi x Northern Lights Feminized

What kind of phenotype do you think this is?

9B04FF36-BD56-42DE-9193-06025565DCA9.jpeg

Attachments

• D863C67E-7055-4DA1-A0AF-A49E5A2E55D1.jpeg
    D863C67E-7055-4DA1-A0AF-A49E5A2E55D1.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 44

ilovegrowing

Little update. What real sun can do.. amazing. She is just finishing her stretch of early flowering. Well branched structure. Shes got some spidermites probably from the neighbouring plants.
i gave her a shower and will repeat if necessary. So now she should be 7 weeks old.

1CD502BA-A6D8-40A0-80C0-82771F35B2E0.jpeg

DF4DB6F7-99B1-4C47-8A18-D4514977422F.jpeg

And her new neighbour a green montain grape mom, just went in the pot
906C35A7-23DD-4C92-B215-725F60B345C9.jpeg

The plant now flowers for 60 days from pre-flowering.

A little over a week ago the buds stopped swelling and I have the feeling that not much is happening anymore

Do you think she‘s ready?

Edit: It's been drying for a week now and the aroma is amazing, like sweet eucalyptus pine, a bit minty and vanilla-like in the finish

Attachments

• 09A6FCFF-4F97-496A-95EA-23528A14E43D.jpeg
    09A6FCFF-4F97-496A-95EA-23528A14E43D.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 70
  • 77BA3D2B-E851-4EE6-9EEA-D68D9ED74A73.jpeg
    77BA3D2B-E851-4EE6-9EEA-D68D9ED74A73.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 70
  • 0602BF99-078F-451A-B8C2-91EF1C028FDD.jpeg
    0602BF99-078F-451A-B8C2-91EF1C028FDD.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 72
Last edited:

airplane

The Auto Malawi, which is currently my most consumed flower/cob after @Tangwena. The Cobs of 2022 are a little more intense in their effect, especially at the beginning when the energy boost comes. Chew 0.15 grams at 5 p.m. and I have a great evening and a pleasant night from 10 p.m. until 6 a.m. The smell of the 2022 Cob is heavy but not unpleasant at all, old leather, damp old wood.
The cops of 2023 look and smell different, in fact they have almost no smell at all. The effect when chewing is quick but very pleasant. It takes longer until the relaxation phase comes :) As with the 2022 Cob, the sleep is at its finest, you are really rested in the morning.
View attachment 18950530

View attachment 18950531

View attachment 18950532

ilovegrowing

Auto malawi x nl
about 4th week of flowering on a super nice good vibes sunshine balcony.

Nutrients depleted pretty fast, could have been bulkier by now, but with the new top dress of wormcastings and lurpe flower topping i expect her to go crazy now. Muhaha! :)

Smells are 2000er weed northern lights, skunky, socky, and a bit fruity. Intense smell

F9F2EA75-56A0-468E-BAB7-51CBB19A4C94.jpeg

vcasqui

Hi guys! I just cutted down my 2nd AutoMalawi. The first one I chopped like 10 days ago. Spoiler alert: I don't have pics of the plants, you will have to believe my words :p

They were both planted in 30L pots, and sprouted around the 28th of May. They didn't grow big (around 50cm), pretty small size for what I was "expecting" , but the reality is that I left them outside always(while buds were not developed); even at night, with temperatures as low as 11º in the second week of their life. The climate was pretty shitty too, It rained like 2/7 (with varying intensities) days a week for all June and the first days of July. Very few really bright days (right now the sun is crazy, way too much).

Plant#1 was the biggest, most dense, and fastest to flower. Only fed two times, was enough. Quite prone to mold in my climate (Spain, 42ºN, very close to the Ocean). She had some nights of high RH at the end and rotted a bit, so I chopped early (but not too early, she only needed another 4-6 days or so).

She's been drying "outside" (covered by an uralite roof and 3 walls in my "yard"), with the wild variations in temps and RH that that entails (also A LOT of clarity from the sun, but not direct sunlight). The moist content is still not homogeneous (a little too wet on the inside), but absolutely smokeable; super smooth, with a mossy-earthy taste I would say(maybe because too wet still), also some "incense" or wood or something like that.

The high is great too. Just what I needed right now. I've been extremely stressed for the past couple days (pretty dumb personal reasons tbh). Today I was manicuring the buds and decided to give one a try and man... 5 minutes. I went from tense, stressed, burnt out... to relaxed, happy, chill, hungry... It came as blessing today. I only felt high the first 20 mins or so, and just slightly, even tho I know I'm still under the influence. That's why I'm writing this "wall of text".

I still do have buds from last season's Malawi x PCK, which I love, but they don't seem to work as an "anti-stressant" for me(which I didn't know because I'm usually not that stressed). I looked up the cannabinoid concentration of AutoMalawi in the webpage, but it seems pretty similar to the MPCK; could it be that THC has degraded to CBN because of the high amounts of clarity and "extreme temperatures" when drying?

Plant#2 was just harvested. She always grew "strange" with 3 fingered leaves and some 5 fingered ones at the very end. Was never fed. Took more time to start and finish flower. Still quite prone to mold I would say, but she was lucky and since she took more time to form buds and the weather is much better now, she almost did not rot (I also left her every night with a fan blowing). It's gonna get dried in the same way as #1.

That's all. Take care guys!

paisajedehierba

MA x NL auto day 89 from soaked seed given to a friend (balkony grow, max. 7 hours direct sun per day). I filled 27 liter bags with a mixture of fresh raised bed soil, compost, some coco and few hands full of organic fertilizer pellets. So far, he has only watered without having to fertilize. The flowers have a cheesy-spicy smell at the moment. I guess there are still one or two weeks left until the harvest.

Attachments

• P1200770.JPG
    P1200770.JPG
    574.9 KB · Views: 35
  • P1200771.JPG
    P1200771.JPG
    655.4 KB · Views: 37
  • P1200772.JPG
    P1200772.JPG
    971.3 KB · Views: 35
  • P1200774.JPG
    P1200774.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 31
  • P1200766.JPG
    P1200766.JPG
    780.1 KB · Views: 37

VanVulpen

Veteran
My Auto Malawi was the sole survivor out of 9 seeds that I foolishly germinated too early in May and planted in straight soil when it was still too cold in my region although it was a rodent that ate my seedlings in the end…
Still I managed to save one and moved it into a 30 litres pot and then she grew rather fast and for the first three weeks of flowering she doubled in height ending at 70cm/60gr dry weight.
The high is clear and happy and I can easily get lost in the flow of doing things which is a quality I mostly prefer…
Anyway, here she is:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Happy to meet your lonely Auto Malawi x NL from this outdoor season @VanVulpen glad she made it :)
hope you are having a great summer time.

For guerrilla growing, it's best to bring large plants into nature, ideally close to 1 meter in size. Additionally, I recommend urinating on them during every visit to deter mammals, birds, or any other predators that could harm your precious seedlings and disrupt the start of the season.

However, this strategy can be challenging with autoflowering genetics, as they tend to grow short and small. So in this case, i recommend to start them in pots on a sunny terrace for the first 3 weeks of their lives, and then transplant them into nature on the 4th, just before flowering starts.

Glad you are already enjoying with her ;)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
MA x NL auto day 89 from soaked seed given to a friend (balkony grow, max. 7 hours direct sun per day). I filled 27 liter bags with a mixture of fresh raised bed soil, compost, some coco and few hands full of organic fertilizer pellets. So far, he has only watered without having to fertilize. The flowers have a cheesy-spicy smell at the moment. I guess there are still one or two weeks left until the harvest.

Hi @paisajedehierba espero esté yendo bioen el verano!
Excellent results: healthy and perfectly developed plants.
Congrats on the soil mix and on your friend' good cares of the plants. :yes:

7 hours of direct light and close 30 liter pots is good enough to reach ther potential.

Regarding ripeness, it looks like there are just a few fresh white pistils here and there.
You can wait until the end of this week for them to ripen,
or if the plant is already at a desirable peak of terpene intensity, don’t hesitate to harvest now.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
What kind of phenotype do you think this is?

View attachment 19022492

Hola @ElPedroLoco this looks formidable :) well done! Looks to me like the high yielding sativa/indica pheno: vigorous, high yielding, medium-big sized and well branched for an auto. Usually such phenos, beside the nice yield, also have great resins and sweet fruity terpene profiles.

The plant in your latest post here was also ripe enough for harvest time, as paisajedehierba correctly suggested.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Auto malawi x nl

Nutrients depleted pretty fast, could have been bulkier by now, but with the new top dress of wormcastings and lurpe flower topping i expect her to go crazy now. Muhaha! :)

Smells are 2000er weed northern lights, skunky, socky, and a bit fruity. Intense smell

View attachment 19035601
Auto malawi x nl

View attachment 19035601

She looked promising in early flowering @ilovegrowing :D How did she finish ?
Very nice description of her smells :yes: yeah, old Dutch type of smells in constrast with terpene profiles from today's American kushes.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi guys! I just cutted down my 2nd AutoMalawi. The first one I chopped like 10 days ago. Spoiler alert: I don't have pics of the plants, you will have to believe my words :p

They were both planted in 30L pots, and sprouted around the 28th of May. They didn't grow big (around 50cm), pretty small size for what I was "expecting" , but the reality is that I left them outside always(while buds were not developed); even at night, with temperatures as low as 11º in the second week of their life. The climate was pretty shitty too, It rained like 2/7 (with varying intensities) days a week for all June and the first days of July. Very few really bright days (right now the sun is crazy, way too much).

Plant#1 was the biggest, most dense, and fastest to flower. Only fed two times, was enough. Quite prone to mold in my climate (Spain, 42ºN, very close to the Ocean). She had some nights of high RH at the end and rotted a bit, so I chopped early (but not too early, she only needed another 4-6 days or so).

She's been drying "outside" (covered by an uralite roof and 3 walls in my "yard"), with the wild variations in temps and RH that that entails (also A LOT of clarity from the sun, but not direct sunlight). The moist content is still not homogeneous (a little too wet on the inside), but absolutely smokeable; super smooth, with a mossy-earthy taste I would say(maybe because too wet still), also some "incense" or wood or something like that.

The high is great too. Just what I needed right now. I've been extremely stressed for the past couple days (pretty dumb personal reasons tbh). Today I was manicuring the buds and decided to give one a try and man... 5 minutes. I went from tense, stressed, burnt out... to relaxed, happy, chill, hungry... It came as blessing today. I only felt high the first 20 mins or so, and just slightly, even tho I know I'm still under the influence. That's why I'm writing this "wall of text".

I still do have buds from last season's Malawi x PCK, which I love, but they don't seem to work as an "anti-stressant" for me(which I didn't know because I'm usually not that stressed). I looked up the cannabinoid concentration of AutoMalawi in the webpage, but it seems pretty similar to the MPCK; could it be that THC has degraded to CBN because of the high amounts of clarity and "extreme temperatures" when drying?

Plant#2 was just harvested. She always grew "strange" with 3 fingered leaves and some 5 fingered ones at the very end. Was never fed. Took more time to start and finish flower. Still quite prone to mold I would say, but she was lucky and since she took more time to form buds and the weather is much better now, she almost did not rot (I also left her every night with a fan blowing). It's gonna get dried in the same way as #1.

That's all. Take care guys!

Hi @vcasqui! Yes, the weather in the northern Iberian Peninsula is indeed closer to that of the UK than here in the Mediterranean Sea. In the north, you experience rain and humid conditions almost throughout the year, even in the summer, here we have hot and very sunny blue days more than 250 days per year.

To avoid mold there, just do your best to try to match the flowering stage with the driest and sunniest weeks of summer, although that can still be quite unpredictable.

Regarding genetics. have you considered trying semi-auto landrace sativa genetics with a more open, foxtailed flower structure such as Beldia or Lebanese ? Also. old school outdoor Canadian genetics, such as Guerrilla Gold lines, and Danish outdoor hybrids and sativa doms from esbe - hybridsfromHell.

Glad to hear that the one that came to a good end is delivering effects of your taste :smoke:
Unlike Malawi x PCK, which can be very aggressive both in potency and psychologically speaking, Auto Malawi x NL provides a kinder and well-focused effect of moderate potency that won't drastically alter your situation, allowing for better control of you mind and activities in a calm blissful state.

ilovegrowing

She looked promising in early flowering @ilovegrowing :D How did she finish ?
Very nice description of her smells :yes: yeah, old Dutch type of smells in constrast with terpene profiles from today's American kushes.
hey icmag, hi @dubi ,

Yeah you are right, the start was very promising, i ve never seen a plant jump that much in just 7/10 days. I think it was the perfect timing for her to get new shoes and go out in the sun after about 3 weeks indoor. As you said above.

After the last topdress in week 3 of flowering, the food depleted pretty fast. I couldnt attend the plant as it wasnt my balcony and there was some misunderstanding with the feeding regiment, after switching from the topdress to liquid fertilizer.
Growing good plants is simple, but not easy. I still struggle myself to keep the plants in a happy equilibrium (i think i am on a good way now :)) so beginners, like in this case, shall be forgiven :)

Im am really happy with the results and at the same time i think what if she would have gotten more food.
In the end, better less food, than too much. And i can clearly see that in the quality.

Taste and aroma is very nice. I would say after about 5 weeks cure it is mainly fruity, like a aromamix of dried and fresh oranges, then i would say there is some pine, something spicey (spices) and something refreshing in the back like eucalyptos direction. Not so dutchy/nasty anymore. Would make a good accompaniment in a christmas atmosphere, with cinamon, and cookies.

Vaped, The taste of the buds lingers on the taste buds for a while. Very enjoyable. Plant is very sticky too.

The high is pretty friendly as written above. I get a little euphoric and active in the beginning and more relaxed later. Was nice to socialize, make music, talking, laughing.
Very beginner friendly high and growthwise i would say and well suited for balconies.

So enough talk here are some pics
3CB51B47-0DA7-4B89-9CA5-FE90DAA64F83.jpeg

7E805980-830A-418C-8D3C-ADB287C1732C.jpeg

3F03A5B1-C3B3-4F56-AD76-5DD235BFEA9F.jpeg

644BFFE9-06C4-4CFA-8111-8568396385FB.jpeg

602C4585-6451-4A13-B547-9BD3C020BAD6.jpeg
5625DC62-4EB0-4C28-AFBF-D7CFAF7F0455.jpeg

Attachments

• 249C8348-484C-4222-A4A4-612BE845DE6F.jpeg
    249C8348-484C-4222-A4A4-612BE845DE6F.jpeg
    346.4 KB · Views: 5

paisajedehierba

Hi @paisajedehierba espero esté yendo bioen el verano!
Excellent results: healthy and perfectly developed plants.
Congrats on the soil mix and on your friend' good cares of the plants. :yes:

7 hours of direct light and close 30 liter pots is good enough to reach ther potential.

Regarding ripeness, it looks like there are just a few fresh white pistils here and there.
You can wait until the end of this week for them to ripen,
or if the plant is already at a desirable peak of terpene intensity, don’t hesitate to harvest now.
Hello Dubi, thank you very much, the summer and the holidays, have been good for me. Hope you feel the same way!
Here, after great late summer heat, autumn is suddenly the boss. Time to enjoy a fine flower after work and to ponder what should be cultivated indoors next.