What's new

are aluminum grinders a health hazard?

mr.brunch

Veteran
I like grinders... convenience more than anything I guess. Never really liked the metal ones, a nice loose fit plastic shark tooth grinder is favourite for me.

I was just thinking they would have been pointless back in the day when all we used to have was import seeded weed.. minefield...

Gry

Veteran
I like grinders... convenience more than anything I guess. Never really liked the metal ones, a nice loose fit plastic shark tooth grinder is favourite for me.

I was just thinking they would have been pointless back in the day when all we used to have was import seeded weed.. minefield...
What worked out really well for me;

picture.php

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
What worked out really well for me;

View Image

Gry, Ive been thinking of buying one of those Marygins for a while now.

I'm not going to use it, just add it to my collection of paraphernalia.
Also looking at the Oat Willie's Power Hitter and Phaser Gun.

I Love all vintage Canna stuff!

mexweed

Veteran
the anodized ones start to chip after a while, I don't think the actual teeth or interior is at all, but the outside colored part starts to chip

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Grinder for joints, broken down by hand for blunts or bowls.

Don't grind up all your weed at once.

Collect the hash from your grinder with ethanol or isopropyl periodically to make edibles or topicals.

Glue the "lost" kief out of the grinder to your blunts or joints with extracts to make fancy tarantula joints.

Crisis averted.

Hell, make oil from that keif and mix in in with some green to roll a REEFER. I tried like hell to finish one last night - it won. :biggrin:

My digit Volcano came with a plastic grinder. It didn't last long.

CarlOG

I have a alluminium grinder aswell, are they acc dangerous? im using it for about 2 years now havent had any problems so far

Cvh

Supermod
Free ☕ 🦫
^^Looks a bit like a small sized Wolf Spider. Had an adult sized one off those running around in the house not so long ago.
I saw the curtains move late in the night, went to check it out and this big ass fell out and ran off. Spooked me a bit.

St. Phatty

Most of the time, no.

If the manufacturer was sloppy there might be grease and other compounds used in metal working that you don't want in your lungs. They might even make you feel extra high - while your brain cells are dying.

If you have any doubt, I suggest putting the machined aluminum bud grinder parts in a pot of boiling water.

Simply because that's an easy way to remove manufacturing residue.

One of the things I always wondered about was the Bubble bags.

Sometimes, during mechanical agitation tiny pieces of plastic will come off the bubble bag and end up in the Bubble concentrate.

Also, when it is new, it is normal for a plastic mesh to have manufacturing residues. Normally, very small amounts of lubricating compounds.

Depending on the materials used.

I think Stainless Steel should be used instead of plastic mesh, for that kind of extraction.

sdd420

Veteran
Most of the time, no.

If the manufacturer was sloppy there might be grease and other compounds used in metal working that you don't want in your lungs. They might even make you feel extra high - while your brain cells are dying.

If you have any doubt, I suggest putting the machined aluminum bud grinder parts in a pot of boiling water.

Sometimes, during mechanical agitation tiny pieces of plastic will come off the bubble bag and end up in the Bubble concentrate.

I think Stainless Steel should be used instead of plastic mesh, for that kind of extraction.

Man I agree with you about washing stuff, theres alot of residues to worry about. Some stuff from China smells bad like my last bong I got.

You got me laughing with getting higher while your brain cells are dying hahaha

shithawk420

Veteran
Nah,that's not a wolf spider.wolf spiders are extra hairy but maybe Its just cause the pic is blurry but I'm pretty sure it's not.i doubt it but it looks like a brown recluse in my opinion.

CarlOG

Most of the time, no.

Also, when it is new, it is normal for a plastic mesh to have manufacturing residues. Normally, very small amounts of lubricating compounds.

Thanks for the tip, didnt know that :tiphat:

CannaZen

my old aluminum grinder had metal flakes after long use, were afraid it were getting into the herb, stopped using aluminum.

Hasch

learning and laughing
Santa Cruz has shredders (2, 3 + 4 piece) made of hemp!
3pc shredder

I also avoid grinders made of aluminium. I feel stainless steel grinders are the way to go, or one of those hemp ones from Santa Cruz :)

X15

I don't like the way they leave bits of ground up stems...
Little tip if you have a hard time putting just the nuggies in there… Put your entire nug in your grinder and give it a twist or two, like just Enough to break things up, then open it and pull out the stem or stems and finish to your fav consistency.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lots are using wakit grinders. They are the popular choice at the moment. I still use my decade old space case. No issues with it.

Wakit

Space case

Last edited: