What's new

Aquaponics: Sensi Star & Strawberry D-lite

AllStar

hey daemos, i was so happy with sags strawberry d. had one indica pheno throw a few nanners but got a couple that didnt and those had a fruity mellow stone. then the sativa pheno's that looked like NYCD and had purple calyx, insane resin with a huge yield. the smoke was great, so much resin it tasted like i was smokin straight bubble hash. i dont know why more people havent ran this stuff. mine did run 10-11 weeks though.

ive herd of lots of large scale hydro farms doing this with tilapia cause they are super fast breeders and you can sell the tilapia as they start to multiply, talk about having your cake and eating it too

daemos

hey daemos, i was so happy with sags strawberry d. had one indica pheno throw a few nanners but got a couple that didnt and those had a fruity mellow stone. then the sativa pheno's that looked like NYCD and had purple calyx, insane resin with a huge yield. the smoke was great, so much resin it tasted like i was smokin straight bubble hash. i dont know why more people havent ran this stuff. mine did run 10-11 weeks though.

Thanks for the reply! Im def gettn me a pack in my next order from the Boo.

Keep up the great work!

Ez...Mos:joint:

Mafutero

Hi guys Im new, if you want to get a lot of information on aquaponics, you can go to backyardaquaponics.com, its an aquaponic site FULL of information on how to run these systems, though the site is geared towards vegetable and fish growing.

The process is very basic, you need:

1 fish tank/reservoir
1 grow bed
1 water pump
piping(usually pvc)
1 auto siphon(bell siphon and loop siphon are mostly used)
fish and fish food

the ratio of fish tank volume to grow bed area should be 1:1 ratio.(100 litter fish tank to 100 litter grow bed)

Basically, the fish tank(in basic setups) must be lower than the grow bed, so you can use gravity to return the water to the fish tank. The bell siphon drains the GB automatically when the pump floods the GB to a certain level.

No nutes, all you have to do is feed the fish and harvest basically. The fish provide all the nutes, and the fish food adds traces of other nutrients.

The part he said about waiting two weeks is because thats what it takes for the bacteria that turns "poo" into nutrients to develop. Once the bacteria is working its an automatic process, like I said, just keep the fish alive. Its an organic process that apparently puts plants in overdrive growth. Advice: don't add a bunch of fish at the start, you will kill most of them, because the bacteria isn't there yet to clean the water from all the ammonia from the fish poo. There are ways to start the cycle without fish and add fish later along with the plants.

I have a small system running, its pretty simple, its aquaculture + hydroponics = aquaponics. Its like hydroponics using the reservoir as a fish tank.

Again, backyardaquaponics.com has loads of information on aquaponic systems, how to build them, how to maintain them, how to everything.

clint_85

mag def not a prob

mag def not a prob

hey allstar i read ur bit where u said u though mag def would be an issue. im the locol fish freak at my local fish shop and i can tell u with carb like u have they can stand quite a lot of epsom salts in the water so bumpin mag levels up is not a problem at all.
i have just started with aquaponics but so far onlly veggies, still hydro for the fun stuff. but am keen to give dope a try with the aqua soon

DankSide

This is such a cool idea. I actually saw a stand using this to grow a regular plant at the Bear Creek Music festival over in Florida. They were just feeding the plant the water from the fish tank with a few lines hooked up and it was perfectly healthy looking.

Any report yet on the taste of the strawberry d-lite?

solarz

^^I too want to know more about the Strawberry D-Lite...i have a pack that i've been sitting on trying to get some more info about it, but the trigger finger is getting itchy...lol

solarz