What's new

Anyone Growing Gorilla Glue #4 Outdoors?

blooper

what sort of soil mix and/or feeding are y'all giving her? i got a cutting and grew it into a big mother plant in equal parts vermisoil brand bagged lightly amended coco/peat/perlite, pure worm castings and perlite and she was really happy until the pot was totally rooted and then after a light feeding with earth juice it looked like a really bad pH problem and i had to play doctor and get her back into decent health before i turned the mother into a bunch of clones so now i'm back at square one and i guess they'll be happy until the food in the soil runs out. not sure if it's the earth juice causing pH problems or if i over or under fed.

think a 300gallon pot of soil with a few different meals and worm castings would be enough to get through flowering? last season i tried 100gallon pots and they were rootbound before they even started flowering and the earth juice wasn't cutting it so i just used some maxibloom i had leftover from a hydroponic setup and that set things straight. looking to keep it all organic and close to water only as possible. maybe a top dressing with something higher PK once they've stretched? i hear she's a light feeder but i haven't flowered her yet so i don't want to go and mess it up with a guano tea that's too strong and can't be flushed out or underfeed her while i'm waiting for the tea to become available.

Z

z-ro

Real gg4 is a late October/Halloween finish in Mendocino. Personally rather grow OG outside, leave glue for the ins.

It, in no way shape or form, can replace blue dream, not a chance whatsoever.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Full season, pulled around October 10th-15th somewhere this past fall. She could have gone longer but 4 or so days of overcast weather and rain was in the forecast so I pulled the. She will do well outdoors but does better indoors or perhaps in a greenhouse.

Last edited:

blooper

here's to a long season! had to pull everything oct 1 after a night of rain lost a bunch of tops to mold that spreads so quick i could hardly believe it. probably a good 2 weeks early for most of em but i've yet to hear any complaints. seems like a good long cure helps bud picked early lose that speedy feel.

blooper

Real gg4 is a late October/Halloween finish in Mendocino. Personally rather grow OG outside, leave glue for the ins.

It, in no way shape or form, can replace blue dream, not a chance whatsoever.

bummer. im up in Oregon so i'd figure the season in Mendocino would usually be a little longer and i had to pull everything in early October or it woulda gone to mold FAST. i guess depending on how big they end up i might just have to pull early again or just hope the rains come in a few weeks later so i don't have to pull some sort of rain block. would probably have to get an EZ up for each one and fasten clear plastic over all of them lol. closest i have to real blue dream is crossed to the pre-98 bubba. still kinda hunting for 1-3 solid plants that do well in the PNW. any suggestions appreciated!

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Shit... I didn't see this thread...

Who dat is...
When did you see flowers begin forming last season?

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Shit... I didn't see this thread...

Who dat is...
When did you see flowers begin forming last season?

You're Colorado front range if I remember right, right? That's where I'm at and I saw preflowers forming around the beginning of August and flowering really started underway two weeks into August. Here is a pic I pulled from last year's thread from 8/9

picture.php

And also a link to the old thread if any info in there could help you out :yes:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=309312

kilacaLIbud

I'm growing it outdoor. In coco gg4 is a amazing plant it grows huge and bushy not to much leafs and starts to sugar up at week 2-3 and it smells amazing but I have a lot of trouble with loosing a lot of weight in the dry of it. �� Any suggestions?

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Are you pulling them too early? They should pack on the weight and get denser. GG4 isn't a lightweight by any means :2cents:

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
GG#4 West

GG#4 East

It was 30F when I went to bed at 11pm last night & 29F when I looked at the thermometer again at 7am this morning. These baby's took it like a champ!

ZERO PURP!

I'm going to be doing 4 GG this upcoming season outdoor in coco and smart pots. Do you guys think she's a good strain for mainlining? I tried it this year on some blue chocolate Thai I ran and it came out beautifully?