What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Any old school strains from the 1980's, 1990's and early 2000's still around?

Most indicas and hybrids are available fairly easy. But landrace good stuff is quite a bit harder to find.

You can find it but commercial dealers are usually not going to be selling it. Only old farts want to grow 15-22 week strains. That's because we want the high not couch lock. We could take reds for that.

ninox33

This is a picture from his website and if you know anything whatsoever about basic Type II/Indica physical leaf and plant structure, you'll know that this is anything but a pure Type II/Indica:

View attachment 19024947

This guy is the embodiment of For Boomers, By Boomers, For Money.
Thanks Charles
I know you have a hard on for AG, and NL No.s. I’d rather think this applies to the majority of pollen chuckers advertising themselves as breeders. When I see people identifying cultivars by photos, it tells me their knowledge of cultivation and photographic results is perhaps limited.
GeneralG asked a question and I replied

GeneralGuff

This is a picture from his website and if you know anything whatsoever about basic Type II/Indica physical leaf and plant structure, you'll know that this is anything but a pure Type II/Indica:

View attachment 19024947

I remember this seed bank now, there was something dodgy about Todd and/or his story about skunk #1, wish I could remember the details, but it put me off buying his seeds.

Or maybe I've just been listening to rumors.

Last edited:

Stone

View attachment 19024947

You could likely be right.
Trusting ‘stories’ in ads historically doesn’t go well.
Only thing I’d add is that isn’t a pic that really shows fan leaves of PI.
It’s a top cola, he has full plant pics as well.

Bro.

There are a few people who specialize in the old school breeding,

Katsu Seeds
Greenlit Cannabis
Archive seedbank
Lucky Dog
CSI Humboldt
Top Dawg Seeds
Cali Connection

any one of those should have what your looking for.
For landraces and 1st generation hybrids they are :

Kwikseeds
Hyp3rids
Agseedco
ACEseeds
FrenchTouchSeeds
KhalifaGenetics
MandalaSeeds
Irrazing / Indian Landrace Exchange
BaabaQO / Afghane Selecition
Landrace Warden

Wicker Vine

Quite a few are still going pretty strong- though mostly in back crosses or as a breeding male/clone reversal for crosses.

Some clones S1 better than others. CSI: Humboldt is good for those. Or his keeper from an S1 hunt crossed back with a reversed clone of the original, or vice versa.
Triangle Kush, Chem, Mendo Purps, Bubba. He does good work with those and others.

Lucky Dog seeds has a pretty good rep for his Chem91bx3 male, which he crosses to some big legacy cuts. A little on the pricey side, though.

Tony Green basically dedicates his life to backcrossing and hunting Gorilla Glue and Sour Bubble.

Ace seeds has a bunch of haze and landrace stuff. The purists may scoff, but their seeds are usually stabilized over a few generations and are good for reliably putting out good plants that fit their descriptions.

AK bean brains has a bunch of NL stuff, and Black Domina, Sensi Star, Kali Mist preservations etc.

Crickets & Cicada does good preservation work with NL, Hashplants, Master Kush and OGs.

There’s lots more for sure. That’s just a few that were top of mind for me.

moose/MI

Green Mountain Seeds has a Oaxacan Skull from 79 that they have worked and bred with ever since.
I'm growing 3 lines of his this year and everything so far he said about them is on point.
Just waiting to try them

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240918_200336_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20240918_200336_Photos.jpg
    798.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 20240916_094206.jpg
    20240916_094206.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 7