What's new

Any old school strains from the 1980's, 1990's and early 2000's still around?

GeneralGuff

I know popular strains like Blue Dream, Gorilla Glue, Sour Diesel, White Widow etc are clone-only but I was wondering if their are any other old school strains from the 1980's through to the early 2000's that are available as seeds?

PhenoSelector

There are a few people who specialize in the old school breeding,

Katsu Seeds
Greenlit Cannabis
Archive seedbank
Lucky Dog
CSI Humboldt
Top Dawg Seeds
Cali Connection

any one of those should have what your looking for.

Last edited:

kro-magnon

Veteran
You should visit Old SchoolGenetics, it's the site of Old Man Green a member here who make seeds and sell a few other breeders. He has a old school line up of White Widow, SSH, Skunk and some modern hybrids. He's selling Karma's seeds as well as Lucky Dog seeds. There is a lot of nice cross or fem seeds on his website. His WW is a good representation of this famous strain same with his SSH.

GeneralGuff

You should visit Old SchoolGenetics, it's the site of Old Man Green a member here who make seeds and sell a few other breeders. He has a old school line up of White Widow, SSH, Skunk and some modern hybrids. He's selling Karma's seeds as well as Lucky Dog seeds. There is a lot of nice cross or fem seeds on his website. His WW is a good representation of this famous strain same with his SSH.
I grew out nine of his White Widow but problem is White Widow is clone-only so his fem seeds pheno all over the place, some plants might be 20% "widowy" and some plants might be 80% "widowy". It's a pheno hunt for something close to White Widow. But yes he does have a White Widow clone from the late 90's.

I also grew out his OSG Cheese and that was some nice smoke.

kro-magnon

Veteran
I grew out nine of his White Widow but problem is White Widow is clone-only so his fem seeds pheno all over the place, some plants might be 20% "widowy" and some plants might be 80% "widowy". It's a pheno hunt for something close to White Widow. But yes he does have a White Widow clone from the late 90's.

I also grew out his OSG Cheese and that was some nice smoke.
I think his S1 seeds are one of the best way to explore the original gene pool of the White Widow, selection is always needed if you look for a specific profile.
I'd like to try his SSH, it's supposed to have a sweet/fruity terpene profile with a bright high, it sounds good.
He has a new cross called Old Gas Station who is Skunk x Sour D Bx2, this sounds interesting as well.

GeneralGuff

I think his S1 seeds are one of the best way to explore the original gene pool of the White Widow, selection is always needed if you look for a specific profile.
Very true.
I'd like to try his SSH, it's supposed to have a sweet/fruity terpene profile with a bright high, it sounds good.
He has a new cross called Old Gas Station who is Skunk x Sour D Bx2, this sounds interesting as well.

I know a guy that grows out a lot of Old Man Green's strains and he recommends Petrol Skunk.

kro-magnon

Veteran
Yeah his Petrol Skunk sounds great, if your friend has some pics from his grows he should share them, there is not a lot of grow journal with Old School seeds.

GeneralGuff

Yeah his Petrol Skunk sounds great, if your friend has some pics from his grows he should share them, there is not a lot of grow journal with Old School seeds.
This is the thread which got us all onto Old School Genetics. User 'latigid aikon' smoked widow back in the day and was able to confirm the White Widow is legitimate, MindSoup is the guy that has grown alot of Old Man Green's strains.

Stone

I’d second Old school genetics.
Haven’t pulled the trigger on them yet though.
He’s having a buy one get four free till the 31st.
Authentic genetics is also promising.
He has purest indica, supposedly direct line from Seattle Greg.
It’s what was the backbone of Northern lights.

goingrey

Blueberry was also a pretty big thing at the time. DJ Short is still around and recently even did a release called "90's Blues" but seems to be sold out at most places.

CharlesU Farley

This is a picture from his website and if you know anything whatsoever about basic Type II/Indica physical leaf and plant structure, you'll know that this is anything but a pure Type II/Indica:

1000012033.png

This guy is the embodiment of For Boomers, By Boomers, For Money.