What's new

any college football fans on here?

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
Bulldogs whipped up on Wolfpack…….TCU and Big Blue squeak with last second kic wins……Cal gets by Stanford in rival match…..Buckeyes were given a good game by the Terrapins….put up 30 on says holes in D……ND crushes rival BC Eagles…..
Coming’ to the wire finish…..

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I think TN was a 20pt favorite over South Carolina and they ended up losing by 20+. Supposedly it was the most pts given up by a top 5 team to an unranked opponent in 100yrs.
Hendon hooker unfortunately tore his acl, he was looking like a heisman favorite. He was projected as a mid-round nfl draft pick so hopefully he'll still get a chance to have a pro career.

Hey Nectar, are you a vegas raiders fan by any chance? 2 fresno state alumni play for the raiders, derek carr and davante adams.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
South Carolina scored a TD on 9 out of 11 possessions, and one of the two they DIDN'T score on was a one play deal at end of first half. should have thrown a "Hail Mary" since UT couldn't cover a car with a tarp... their punter had the game of his life. poor bastard probably looking to transfer since he's not getting any playing time...:whistling:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
That was so unexpected. Coming into that game spencer rattler, the S. carolina QB (refugee from Oklahoma sooners), had 8 td's and 9 int's on the season and then tossed 6 td's and 0 int's vs TN. I guess there's no such thing as an easy win in the SEC. Even vanderbilt looks like they have life. Might actually be able to beat TN this weekend too. Milton, the backup QB, looks like all athlete, no skill.

Last edited:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
SC proves UT whipping last saturday was no fluke, takes down Clemson. "bama wins Iron Bowl. Michigan-Ohio State a good game...in the first half, lol. Notre Dame loses. UT-Vandy game no contest. i expected more from the Commodores after them beating KY and Fla.... 4 teams in top 10 lose, wow!

armedoldhippy

Veteran
. Milton, the backup QB, looks like all athlete, no skill.
Milton has, if possible, too MUCH arm. he overthrew about 6 or 8 wide open receivers tonight, or it could have looked even worse for Vanderbilt. i've seen lots of guys throw a ball that far, but not making it look that easy...

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
458EBDD3-04BA-41CE-B1DC-BE97F9B35522.jpeg

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I won some money on the FSU bulldogs winning their conf championship, lost some money on the Vols covering the spread (and then some) over commodores.
Who do you think will be the TN QB for 2023, Hippy? I hear they got some QB recruit who's being paid $7M in NIL money, cant imagine he gets paid that much and doesnt start.

This may be unpopular but i would have preferred alabama over TCU in the playoffs. True, the tide lost 2 games but imo theyre a better team than TCU.

Last edited:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Who do you think will be the TN QB for 2023, Hippy? I hear they got some QB recruit who's being paid $7M in NIL money, cant imagine he gets paid that much and doesnt start.

This may be unpopular but i would have preferred alabama over TCU in the playoffs. True, the tide lost 2 games but imo theyre a better team than TCU.
Milton has the job through the bowl game, but i'd bet it will be wide open come spring. they've had a couple of good ones visit, but haven't heard of any commits. the kid i hoped they could get went to Texas...there ARE a few QBs floating around in the portal, that's how they got Hooker...:chin:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
They have a 5* QB recruit from california, Nicholaus Iamaleava, who rumor has it is getting an 8M NIL deal from TN. I'm guessing that's for 4yrs of school, so 2M/yr.
People have said that in order to recruit at a national championship level you need a minimum of 13M in NIL money per year, so TN appears to be fully committed to that level of funding.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
the NIL money is normally put up by local businesses/wealthy boosters. not aware of any University cash mixed in. possible though...:dunno: it's all new/greek to me...

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, i think ur right, i dont think NIL money can come from the school. It's like the old days when boosters would slip money and gifts to recruits/players, only now it's legal.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Yeah, i think ur right, i dont think NIL money can come from the school. It's like the old days when boosters would slip money and gifts to recruits/players, only now it's legal.
i can't help but wonder how much of a strain this might put on the "team" factor. get too uppity about the bills you are raking in, an offensive lineman or two might start "missing" a block now & then & get a smartass hammered. i've heard rumors of such shenanigans going on in the pros before. "sorry about that blindside hit you took there. you think you can make it to your Porsche after the game, or should we call an ambulance for you to ride home in?" LOL!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I didnt think that was true, that a lineman would purposely miss a block to get their QB injured, but a quick search showed that Lomas brown, Off Tackle on the lions (lol) purposely missed a block to get scott mitchell injured so his backup could come in. Mitchell was playing terribly and they were down 21pts, dave krieg came in and they ended up losing by 8. And they actually went 5-2 the rest of the season to finish 9-7 so you have to figure his decision 'worked out' as far as winning although he was universally criticized for admitting he let his QB get hurt on purpose.

Still, that was done for the purposes of winning (speaking of incompetent coaches: why didnt the lions coaches see that krieg was a better option if the players saw it!?!?) it'd be even more cynical for a lineman to do it for purposes of envy over money. I guess anything's possible though.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Is this why in the nfl starting QBs usually get their linemen a gift every year, usually costing in the hundreds if not thousands of dollars?
I dont know Hippy, that's a pretty cynical way of looking at a football team. Lomas Brown did it to HELP his team, and it turned out he was right even though his action was wrong.
Athletes at the college and pro levels are usually extremely competitive, and the thought of hurting their chances at wins over petty squabbles is pretty far-fetched. Unless the QB did something unforgivable like assault their sister in which case the lineman wouldnt even play, he wouldnt put himself in that position.
But ur right, QBs get hit so hard so often it'd be very easy for a lineman to whiff on a block intentionally and no one would ever notice. Heck sometimes a pass rusher isnt even blocked and just has a free run to the QB, im scratching my head thinking why would u double team the guy to ur side and ignore the guy right in front of you?

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Well, ur not wrong, humans often do suck. But im pretty sure high level athletes in general mostly just want to win, and even if you despite a teammate on a personal level, if he or she is actually a good player youre going to get them the ball during a game, who cares if you hang out afterwards.
Plus if your well-being is directly tied to another player's performance like a QB is with his line then you'd have to be an absolute ninny as a QB to give them any sort of reason to dislike you (rubbing your wealth in their faces, etc). Sure, like peyton or brady you might yell at them during a game if youre not moving the ball but in that case it's more heat of the competition than being an actual dick to people.

Latest posts

Latest posts