What's new

Another German...

dilettante

Schöne Grüße aus dem Rheinland. Ich habe auch 2007 angefangen. Erst indoor, dann ausschließlich outdoor guerrila, dann pause, jetzt Ace Seeds im wald und ab nächsten winter auch unter lampen im legalen rahmen.

Favourite strain of all time: Grapefruit from Female Seeds.

Schöne Grüße aus dem Rheinland. Ich habe auch 2007 angefangen. Erst indoor, dann ausschließlich outdoor guerrila, dann pause, jetzt Ace Seeds im wald und ab nächsten winter auch unter lampen im legalen rahmen.

Favourite strain of all time: Grapefruit from Female Seeds.
Ja, die C99 von Female Seeds gehört tatsächlich auch zu meinen Favoriten, die ich schon mehrfach erfolgreich gegrowt hab... deren Grapefruit besteht soweit ich weiß zur Hälfe aus C99. Schon erstaunlich, von so einem vermeintlichen "Billig-Breeder" Genetiken zu bekommen, die vieles von dem überteuerten "Cali"-Kram alt aussehen lässt, den ich über die letzten Jahre ausprobiert hab. Hatte allerdings auch mal die Chem OG von Female Seeds, die eher mittelmäßig war...

Hey there fellow German and welcome!
I've only recently got back into growing (the end of the prohibition in Germany yadda yadda :p)
I used to use the old Hanfburg forum back in the days(15-18yrs ago), some might called the tone there a bit harsh, but I kinda liked it there :D + there were some seriously knowledgeable people there! But you are right the overall tone on icmag is way more friendly and constructive ;)

Hey there fellow German and welcome!
I've only recently got back into growing (the end of the prohibition in Germany yadda yadda :p)
I used to use the old Hanfburg forum back in the days(15-18yrs ago), some might called the tone there a bit harsh, but I kinda liked it there :D + there were some seriously knowledgeable people there! But you are right the overall tone on icmag is way more friendly and constructive ;)
Die Hanfburg ist übrigens wieder mit vielen der Oldschool-User online, falls du einen blast from the past willst. Macht bis jetzt eigentlich einen ganz netten Eindruck, auch wenn das zugrundeliegende Forenkonzept ein bisschen fragwürdig ist.

Hey!
I've been messing around with "Cali"-stuff for years, still trying to find out what all the noise is about...
Maybe I'm doing something wrong or maybe it's poor work by third party breeders, but honestly, I'm at the point of getting back to classic dutch genetics because that's what provided me with the best results.

Currently I'm running Durban Poison from DP, Skunk XL and Wedding Cake from RQS, Critical Purple Kush from Seedsman and Animal Cookies x Glue from an "underground breeder" that came with a seed order.
The Seedsman strain came as a bonus seed and ironically is the best performer, but it's actually not the first time I've had this experience.

Grüße zurück, ebenfalls aus Hesse ;)
I Like to stay away from big companies in Most cases for reasons...
"Cali" IMO its just hype... Good breeders over there for sure but loads of marketingstuff aswell.
truecannagenetics made very good Impression like 6 years ago with his purple Project strain and i got some intersting beans from him to Pop around Winter (Comeback kush,Comeback kush x 2090shit, Comeback KushxSherbanger22, Citrus Valley, Rainbow Valley). Karmagenetics has access to good American Hype genetics aswell always dank stuff but Not always as stable.
Personally i love the White Fire direction i once experienced from Rollex OG and am desperatly trying to get some true and pure White Fire genetics from ograskal, but No success so far..
For now i wanna work on my own stuff for a while until WiFi comes around somehow

I Like to stay away from big companies in Most cases for reasons...
"Cali" IMO its just hype... Good breeders over there for sure but loads of marketingstuff aswell.
truecannagenetics made very good Impression like 6 years ago with his purple Project strain and i got some intersting beans from him to Pop around Winter (Comeback kush,Comeback kush x 2090shit, Comeback KushxSherbanger22, Citrus Valley, Rainbow Valley). Karmagenetics has access to good American Hype genetics aswell always dank stuff but Not always as stable.
Personally i love the White Fire direction i once experienced from Rollex OG and am desperatly trying to get some true and pure White Fire genetics from ograskal, but No success so far..
For now i wanna work on my own stuff for a while until WiFi comes around somehow

Keep me posted about that stuff🧐
I've only been using fem. seeds for the last few years as I don't want to waste time and space with male plants and aren't really interested in my own breeding projects or anything like that... I'm spending a few months abroad every year and therefore can't maintain a plant/genetics inventory... Currently working with cuttings from Austria, but made the mistake of ordering from a supplier who doesn't test for HLV 🤮
But I don't want to dump it, so we'll see what happens... 😣

Last edited:
If you are not planing to keep motherplants and only use the cuttings for one round a time, I think you will most probably not have any problems because of the viroid, IF the cuttings are healthy otherwise...

edit: ofc buying tested cuttings is always better, but I wouldn't dump them if you already bought and they look healthy

Last edited:
If you are not planing to keep motherplants and only use the cuttings for one round a time, I think you will most probably not have any problems because of the viroid, IF the cuttings are healthy otherwise...
Yeah, that was about my impression too when I read up on it. Supposedly it depends on the genetics and you can assume that only about 30% of the affected plants are going to show symptoms. Seems okay to take the risk for a single run.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Hey!
I've been messing around with "Cali"-stuff for years, still trying to find out what all the noise is about...
Maybe I'm doing something wrong or maybe it's poor work by third party breeders, but honestly, I'm at the point of getting back to classic dutch genetics because that's what provided me with the best results.

Currently I'm running Durban Poison from DP, Skunk XL and Wedding Cake from RQS, Critical Purple Kush from Seedsman and Animal Cookies x Glue from an "underground breeder" that came with a seed order.
The Seedsman strain came as a bonus seed and ironically is the best performer, but it's actually not the first time I've had this experience.

Grüße zurück, ebenfalls aus Hesse ;)
Welcome to the Mag!
Don't chase noise, it's always disappointing.

The west coast of the United States has been on spin cycle for 15 years, there isn't anything of real value taking place there that isn't unsubstantiated hype!

The less that's actually going on, the louder the noise gets. If you're into being lied to, Rock On!

If you want the best genetics that are really put together and selected by breeders?
Go to Ace, Mandala, Green Mountain, Khalifa, SSSC or DJ Short.

I'm in America and this industry is pathetic in it's current status, it is strictly money and not quality .

If I can help you in any way please ask.
Peace farmerlion

Welcome to the Mag!
Don't chase noise, it's always disappointing.

The west coast of the United States has been on spin cycle for 15 years, there isn't anything of real value taking place there that isn't unsubstantiated hype!

The less that's actually going on, the louder the noise gets. If you're into being lied to, Rock On!

If you want the best genetics that are really put together and selected by breeders?

I'm in America and this industry is pathetic in it's current status, it is strictly money and not quality .

If I can help you in any way please ask.
Peace farmerlion
True dat!
It's actually quite obvious. At the end of the day, your marketing strategy determines how excited people will be about your products. If you can get some silly rapper talking about your strain, you can expect a lot of people to buy it... if you're good at producing YouTube videos and stuff like that... a lot of quality breeders don't want to deal with any of that stuff and therefore remain in the background.
So in the end, it's up to us to figure out what's the real deal and what's bullshit. Very high marketing effort doesn't necessarily mean you will be sold trash, but it should at least lead you to a certain degree of skepticism.
Thanks for the breeder recommendations! I'll be sure to check them out. I've also had very positive experiences with Mandala and I'm actually surprised that they're still in the game.

Good advice
I can Pick Out Khalifa for best customer care and communications tho! Currently growing their uzbek and planning to cross them with purple Satellite 🫠

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
I have the 80's Durban and the Black Lebanon of Khalifa Genetics going right now, they're looking good.

Don't get me wrong there are some amazing growers in the United States. Unfortunately the cannabi industry is in the hands of a bunch of sell outs!
Quality at dispensaries is 6 weeks of being nuked with synthetics and sprayed with Chernobal for good measure.

Most genetics are still better than the average growers skill sets. I'm trying to change that but the hyped Kool-aid is a secret sauce with the appeal of Santa Claus. So the Spin cycle continues.
Peace farmerlion