What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Another day, another dollar, a stealthy dresser and some new flowers...

seany

WOAH! :yoinks:

TB4U! Whats the hell man! Do you have enough cabs? Your electricity bill must be really high! Saying that, with the amount you could pull of with all these running you must be high all the time :joint: Ladies are looking good bro, kudos, ku-fuckin-dos!

Seany

mg00c

Love the stealth dresser and other cabs tb4u. Like many before me have said building these grow rooms can certainly get addictive and here's living proof. It must be fun to have 3 different grow boxes; it allows you to grow three different ways. Greta job on the dresser build, very stealthy.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
holy shit dude this is a bunch of kick ass looken gardens.

while I am happy to have 2 grow cabs. I would really love to have a 3ed gro cab.

So heres to rocking on. woo hoo.

WOAH! :yoinks:

TB4U! Whats the hell man! Do you have enough cabs? Your electricity bill must be really high! Saying that, with the amount you could pull of with all these running you must be high all the time :joint: Ladies are looking good bro, kudos, ku-fuckin-dos!

Seany

Haha, thanks Seany! No, electric bill isn't outrageous; runs about $150 a month in the winter, not bad at all. I'm not pulling tons of power, and I conserve everywhere else (except in the grow boxes).

Thanks for stopping by mg00c & #1cheeesebuds!

I've decided to roll with 32 oz Gatorade bottles & coco, I can fit 20 in the flowering space. I'm going to flower clones at 3-4" tall; the first 8 go in today. Pics will up this evening ::joint::

TB4U

ratdawgie

Wow TB4U: great cabs.. really stealthy w/ good yields... and all fairly frugal on the watts. Couldn't help but notice the dresser seemed like pretty nice wood... hard to find actual all-wood furniture these days. PEACE.

j6p

Hi TB4U, the dresser cab looks great! One question: how are you preventing light leaks from the veg chamber (18/6) to the flower chamber (12/12)? Some light would pass through the fan, unless you block it somehow? TIA

:lurk:
Nice setup!

Thanks so much for stopping by SuperPedro, your setup is BANGIN'!!! Awesome work bud!

hi i will be starting my 1st gro soon with cfl,s whats the plexi glass for? ...thanx

Hi there Pufferfish,

The plexi glass allows the plants to get close to the light without getting burned; it also keeps the flowering chamber cooler as the hot air is exhausted through the top via the 2-120mm fans. Thanks for stopping by and good luck on your 1st grow.

Hi TB4U, the dresser cab looks great! One question: how are you preventing light leaks from the veg chamber (18/6) to the flower chamber (12/12)? Some light would pass through the fan, unless you block it somehow? TIA

Howdy j6p,

I built a vent/angle duct that covers the fan in the veg chamber, I'll get a pic up here when the lights come on later today.

My SCROG is ready to go to 12/12, I'm soooo excited!!! :woohoo:

-
TB4U

Hi j6p,

Here's my light leak fix. Made a vent out of hardboard and lined it with panda film (black side) on the inside of the vent. Works like a charm. It also forces the air blowing in from the flowering chamber down instead of directly on the mother plant. I like this because my mom was getting beat up from the fan :)

Grow chamber is growing a little outta control, whoops, lol. This one runs so cool and doesn't have a whole lot in it, I tend to forget about it and I pay more attention to my other cabs. I'm going to go in today and tie these babies down. Supercropped 2 plants 2 nights ago, lookin' good.

ive got this huge dresser im lookin at right now...and im imagining it full with about 20-30 plants scrog style. this thread totally makes me wanna get going on something like this ASAP..

kweb1989

Fantastic Stealth cab. Five Star. Cant even tell.... I think this is could on on the DIY link o roma good work:coffee:

Thanks for stopping by Pistil_Party09 and kweb1980, I appreciate it :)

I went ahead and supercropped ALL the plants in the dresser, i didn't feel like dealing with string, lol. I'll get a pic up here this afternoon, light should be on shortly. Looks much better in there, everything is nice and there's an even canopy.

--
TB4U

The dresser today:

Flowering chamber, day 16 of 12/12:

Vegetative chamber with mom and clones (my mom is lookin a little rough, but she looks much better than she did a few days ago):

Now I'm working a new project. A couple of pc grow cases, they will make great Christmas gifts :xmasnut:
Case is gutted:

j6p

Hi j6p,

Here's my light leak fix. Made a vent out of hardboard and lined it with panda film (black side) on the inside of the vent. Works like a charm. It also forces the air blowing in from the flowering chamber down instead of directly on the mother plant. I like this because my mom was getting beat up from the fan :)

Grow chamber is growing a little outta control, whoops, lol. This one runs so cool and doesn't have a whole lot in it, I tend to forget about it and I pay more attention to my other cabs. I'm going to go in today and tie these babies down. Supercropped 2 plants 2 nights ago, lookin' good.

Hi TB4U :wave: That's a good idea with the fan vent since it prevents the light leaks, and also directs the airflow downward into the veg chamber, which is good for circulation. Your dresser cab is outstanding for both simplicity and functionality. I had been planning something similar, including the heat shield & PC fan vent above the flower chamber. I was scratching my head about how to arrange air venting and exhaust for both chambers. Your design has a great airflow solution though. Flower->Veg->Exhaust.
My cab might look like a TV/DVD cabinet outside, having two front doors, but with the interior design pretty much the same as yours. Just an idea of the exterior down below ...

Many thanks for these detailed tutorials, TB4U! Your efforts have certainly helped some folks, myself included :D

Hi TB4U :wave: That's a good idea with the fan vent since it prevents the light leaks, and also directs the airflow downward into the veg chamber, which is good for circulation. Your dresser cab is outstanding for both simplicity and functionality. I had been planning something similar, including the heat shield & PC fan vent above the flower chamber. I was scratching my head about how to arrange air venting and exhaust for both chambers. Your design has a great airflow solution though. Flower->Veg->Exhaust.
My cab might look like a TV/DVD cabinet outside, having two front doors, but with the interior design pretty much the same as yours. Just an idea of the exterior down below ...

Many thanks for these detailed tutorials, TB4U! Your efforts have certainly helped some folks, myself included :D

Nice box you've got there, a TV stand would make an awesome grow chamber! Have you started your build yet? I'm glad my box has helped you, if you have any questions please fire away.

Someone asked if my clones are in "mini hempys". Kind of, I will do another thread showing how I clone for less than $10. I've had great success with this method, I'm sure others will too. I do use a mix of perlite and vermiculite, but they sit in a mix of water & clonex solution and it gets oxygenated by a small airstone. More info to come on that soon. Thanks for checking in everyone :smokeit:
-
TB4U

ChronJohn

i was just searching for a dresser grow as I am probably gonna go with one of those soon and came across this thread and girrrrrl you done gone and outdid yourself this time :p no but in all seriousness, awesome design and I love the vent cover thing, I used the same concept to prevent light leaking through my exhaust fan in my old mother cab. Thanks for the ideas and enjoy your new cab :)
PS cant wait to see how you do your clones, sounds interesting

i was just searching for a dresser grow as I am probably gonna go with one of those soon and came across this thread and girrrrrl you done gone and outdid yourself this time :p no but in all seriousness, awesome design and I love the vent cover thing, I used the same concept to prevent light leaking through my exhaust fan in my old mother cab. Thanks for the ideas and enjoy your new cab :)
PS cant wait to see how you do your clones, sounds interesting

:laughing: Thanks for stopping by ChronJohn! And thanks for recognizing that I'm a WOMAN! Thinking about going the dresser route huh? I think cabinets/pieces of furniture are the best (if you're going the stealth route). People make me laugh when they say they have a stealth grow and it's a friggin tent. HAHAHA! Furniture is the way to go to achieve the ultimate stealth look IMO. Anyway, I'd love to check out your build/grow. When you get it going give me a shout.

Hiya k1net1k :wave: Thanks for stopping by. Gave one case away already. My friend FLIPPED over this thing, I think he shit his pants when he saw it. He LOVES it, and it was just an inexpensive gift. I love giving people gifts, especially when it's something I made :xmastree:

I will be updating the rest of the growing part of this dresser in my other thread, the IKEA Apollo 11 thread. Feel free to ask questions and leave comments here about the design and construction of the dresser. Stay safe and keep it green guys :joint:

--
TB4U

Latest posts

Latest posts