What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

An experiment to help determine the effect of different latitude on maturation time using a select cultivar

gorilla ganja

Here are a couple of pics from another friend growing Miss K at 55 North on the cloudy coast of Alaska. It looks like it is slightly later to start flowering there.

Miss k Sept 13 Jraven.jpg
Miss k Sept 13 Jraven...jpg

Captain Red Eye

the plant just flips a switch at a set photo period regardless of latitude.

This made me wonder when the photo source is the sun, can the variability of light duration and intensity etc. hitting the plant be a factor in onset of flowering for a particular clone from year to year grown in the exact same location? For instance, some years there are far more rainy and cloudy days than other years.

A variation of that situation; maybe your zone is really sunny and that same plant grown about the same latitude, but different longitude has a wet dark summer...which flowers first?

Also, sort of within topic, do the nutrients or root zone (pinched in a small container vs in ground, lots of root space ) have anything to do with timing of flowering?

Thanks for starting this thread, good exchange of info. and opinons.

Old Piney

This made me wonder when the photo source is the sun, can the variability of light duration and intensity etc. hitting the plant be a factor in onset of flowering
Yes I too thought of other factors .I was confident that the plant would sense the more rapidly decreasing daylight at higher latitude and respond with more daylight