What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Alaska Becomes the Fourth State to Legalize

BudToker

Veteran
Source: http://blog.norml.org/2014/11/05/alaska-becomes-the-fourth-state-to-legalize-marijuana/

Alaska Becomes the Fourth State to Legalize Marijuana :dance013:

marijuana-alaska.jpg

November 5, 2014

Alaska voters approved Measure 2, to legalize and regulate marijuana, with 52% voting in favor (94% of the total vote counted as of writing). The state now joins Oregon and the District of Columbia in legalizing marijuana this election.

“This victory in Alaska is the coda to a perfect evening for marijuana legalization supporters,” stated NORML Communications Director Erik Altieri, “In a year where Republicans swept many state and local races, marijuana reform brought voters of both parties together in their support for ending marijuana prohibition. Lawmakers in Congress should recognize that a majority of Americans are ready to see marijuana legalized and regulated and should move to make substantial changes to federal law to reflect that reality.”

I've seen the monster vegetables they grow in Alaska. Looking forward to seeing some big buds. Congratulations to all the Alaskans for a step in the right direction!

A

acridlab

now if they could just get some effing toilets in they're cribs…………………..

bigbag

Veteran
now, here in BC, we're sandwiched between legal states...never thought it would play out this way, but good for them !

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The terms "legalized" & "regulate" shouldn't be in the same sentence together...

They have opposite meanings...

Just more semantics used to dupe ignorant Americans.
Dictionaries are your friends. And in the case of legal language, aka "Words/Terms of art"... law dictionaries are your best friends.

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
As a lifelong Alaskan I'm happy about this. Even though it's been legal to grow up to 24 plants in your house for 40 years now here and the legal plant count now goes down to 6 with this law. Mostly I'm happy because this is a gut punch to all the people I detest, cops, politicians, religious nutjobs and "The Man". The sad part is there are no roads to 90% of the places here. Airplane travel only and the airports will stay as the choke points for cutting off the flow of MJ like they are now. It's entirely possible with local option that nothing will change out there in most of this state. That said in all the highly populated areas it's "Party on!" Alaska is a HUGE land. This now means 25% of the landmass of America is flying the legal green flag. Cheers!

F

Folate

Alaska has indoor plumbing. But if you believe we don't, that means you won't be visiting or moving...
For the rest of you, Alaska just became another great tourist destination, again.
Come on up and sample our wares.
Summertime fishing, smoking a doobie in the 'russian, and keeping hydrated with one of our many OUTSTANDING microbreweries!
This is gonna get interesting!

Stoned40, does our privacy right get trumped by this ballot measure?

Peace,
Folate

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
Stoned40, does our privacy right get trumped by this ballot measure?

Peace,
Folate

What privacy:biggrin: I have 3 felonies and the same troopers that busted my last grow were beating at my door a couple weeks ago wanting to see how many plants I have this time:biggrin: "No warrant, no lookie, hit the road pigs". Even legal, as long as there is a plant count this grower is on their list of guys whose privacy they are going to fuck with:tiphat:

Ph-patrol

Veteran
Congrats to the people of Alaska.
Those Eskimos will be growing the shit out of some Alaskan Thunder fuck and Northern Light#5.:biggrin:

All in fun