What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

African Strains

This "Meao" project actually was by accident. I happen to grow a really dark green very Meao Green Haze thai. I had Thai pheno 2013 Zameldelica Meao dominant, so I dusted the Thai Haze,. As I really liked the Meao Ace had. . So the seeds I have should be pretty much Meao you think? If so, if I grow out a female of these seeds, and dust her with the Meao X Zamal from before, I know it wouldn't be 100% Meao, but almost? Thanks for the advice.

That would be a really good place to start Vin, Do one generation of Inbreeding and you will have 75% Thai genetics to work with. From there I would suggest dusting a few Indicas and seeing what hybrids you can get out, lock in your favorite matched Male/Female and hunt the next generation of seeds for the perfect pheno. :tiphat:

Thanks for the info, very informative.

Interestingly im currently growing some seeds I collected in Port St Johns a couple years ago along side some Thai seeds I just collected a few months ago and the plants look exactly the same. Very hard to tell the difference between the two varieties.

South Africa is a great great country!

aloha from hawaii

Ahhh you are one lucky enthusiast then. :biggrin:

Some of our finest erb comes from PSJ, and I am planning a visit to the most amazing grow in the mountains in the next few months.

The grower has the best looking haze varieties I have ever seen, and has the knowledge to import genetics and has brought in some of the Dutch badboy's to make his own hybrids. None of this herb stays in SA, and is exported back to Holland using an age old method that I won't divulge here for legal reasons. :laughing:

Do you have a thread for these landrace strains? I'd love to sub and keep track of the progress.

And if you are ever back on South African Land let me know, I will give you a tour you will never forget. :biggrin:

Aloha

I see my image above didn't load correctly, here is the phenotype I spoke of a few replies back. She has actually started frosting up nicely the past two days, I will repost a few more update pics in a couple of days:

Swaziland X Dutch Hybrid (Probably UK Cheese, Not The Exodus Cut, Seed Variety From The 90's)

4t3m7l.jpg

Genghis Kush

Cant see the photo for some reason LumberJackJay.

Your luck you live in SA. I think its home to the some of if not Thee best herb in the world!

Your PSJ connection sounds sweet!
Wish I was headed to the Transkei right now, I love it there!
Spent a month there on my last trip and couple months on the trip before that.

I dont have a thread started on this years grow yet, but I will soon.

heres a link to a pic of a male plant I grew from a seed collected in Coffee bay a few years ago:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=59587&page=87

I crossed it to a Dutch Passion Durban Poison and Im growing a few of those now as well.

Would love to meet up with you on my next South African Journey!
A knowledgable guide is always appreciated!

You have a friend in Hawaii if you ever find yourself out here.

aloha

Your luck you live in SA. I think its home to the some of if not Thee best herb in the world!

heres a link to a pic of a male plant I grew from a seed collected in Coffee bay a few years ago:

I crossed it to a Dutch Passion Durban Poison and Im growing a few of those now as well.

aloha

It's all Love man I appreciate that :tiphat: I will be making my way to the island if all goes well in December so we will have a chat closer to the time. :biggrin:

I have had the privilege, at a young age, to meet some of the most well regarded farmers and dealers alike. I know that sounds bad to some, but legally we have no option, so sometimes you have to get your herb from a dealer. I only deal with Rastafarians who are feeding families of over 20 people each. They earn a hell of a living of their herb, but do not live a Kush lifestyle. They use their money to support the poor locals in Malawi, Swaziland and Lesotho.

I never get dodgy herb from these guys. Pure earth grown magic. I do not believe any one place has the best marijuana, as this plant is so diverse it's disrespectful to call one type the best. They all have their place, but our Hazes and Hybrids could climb in the ring with any of the well known strains out there and hold their weight. We will reach the international community in due time, and I know many of you will appreciate what we have to offer.

That coffee Bay male is a classic Hybrid. You can clearly see the Sativa Dominance however there are Import Traits too. I'd say that is a probable Skunk #1 cross given the look of the plant. I grew a hybrid I made myself with Dutch Skunk #1 seeds and A Rooibaard female, that looks almost identical to that. Probably has a different terp profile, but you get the gist of what I'm getting at. Skunk #1 became the most passed around seed from Holland. Alot of our local crops show Skunk #1 traits. Not that this is a bad thing, the buds are a little more dense but still have the same rigid resistance and you could throw dry ice on em every morning and never see any mold.

I can bet those beans you're sitting on will be pure fire. Our pure Hazes grow true Sativa throughout their lifecycles. With the cross you have made you will have some serious Haze on your hands.

I will release some free Haze F2's in the future once our laws are sorted out, that are pure landrace and you guys will understand what I mean. These plants flower for 12-16 weeks. I will also allow the seeds to be bred by you all, as I believe we can all benefit from these genetics as I have from both American and European genetics. I would like to give back in a sense.

On A side note: I will just update my thread and post a linky, then you can see how a typical high grade Swaziland hybrid grows.

One Love

vinrusso

It's all Love man I appreciate that :tiphat: I will be making my way to the island if all goes well in December so we will have a chat closer to the time. :biggrin:

I have had the privilege, at a young age, to meet some of the most well regarded farmers and dealers alike. I know that sounds bad to some, but legally we have no option, so sometimes you have to get your herb from a dealer. I only deal with Rastafarians who are feeding families of over 20 people each. They earn a hell of a living of their herb, but do not live a Kush lifestyle. They use their money to support the poor locals in Malawi, Swaziland and Lesotho.

I never get dodgy herb from these guys. Pure earth grown magic. I do not believe any one place has the best marijuana, as this plant is so diverse it's disrespectful to call one type the best. They all have their place, but our Hazes and Hybrids could climb in the ring with any of the well known strains out there and hold their weight. We will reach the international community in due time, and I know many of you will appreciate what we have to offer.

That coffee Bay male is a classic Hybrid. You can clearly see the Sativa Dominance however there are Import Traits too. I'd say that is a probable Skunk #1 cross given the look of the plant. I grew a hybrid I made myself with Dutch Skunk #1 seeds and A Rooibaard female, that looks almost identical to that. Probably has a different terp profile, but you get the gist of what I'm getting at. Skunk #1 became the most passed around seed from Holland. Alot of our local crops show Skunk #1 traits. Not that this is a bad thing, the buds are a little more dense but still have the same rigid resistance and you could throw dry ice on em every morning and never see any mold.

I can bet those beans you're sitting on will be pure fire. Our pure Hazes grow true Sativa throughout their lifecycles. With the cross you have made you will have some serious Haze on your hands.

I will release some free Haze F2's in the future once our laws are sorted out, that are pure landrace and you guys will understand what I mean. These plants flower for 12-16 weeks. I will also allow the seeds to be bred by you all, as I believe we can all benefit from these genetics as I have from both American and European genetics. I would like to give back in a sense.

On A side note: I will just update my thread and post a linky, then you can see how a typical high grade Swaziland hybrid grows.

One Love
I have a batch of the USC Durban. I'm curious about it. They say 70's Durban?? I know the Durban Punch is a Durban Ciskei cross, and the Durban makes it stronger than the Ciskei. Durban Punch is a strong sativa. Wasn't expecting that. Good yield too.

vinrusso

aloha
Genghis, did you ever hear of a strain called electric weed, years ago in Hawaii? Jamacian x Mekong. Kona weed I smoked in 1981, is still some of the best weed i ever smoked.I wish I knew the genetics. It was sativa. They used to smuggle it to the mainland in Pineapple cans. Regular dole cans sealed from the company I assume. Aloha.

I have a batch of the USC Durban. I'm curious about it. They say 70's Durban?? I know the Durban Punch is a Durban Ciskei cross, and the Durban makes it stronger than the Ciskei. Durban Punch is a strong sativa. Wasn't expecting that. Good yield too.

I would say to prove that theory out (That the seeds are 70's Durban) you would have to grow the USC Durban out, and if you find that the terp profile is pure liquorice or aniseed, you have yourself the original Durban Sativa that became known world wide as durban poison. I know a few of the seed banks sell Durban Poison seeds, but from what I've read the terp profile on these is more of a Mint/Pine flavor. True Durban Poison will have an unmistakable Liqourice smell and flavor during flowering.

Can somebody please let me know the best site to upload pics?

I would like to show you guys an update of my Hybrid, this is week 3 of flowering and she is already packing on some frost, which shows she is a hybrid as I know my landrace varieties usually frost up at around week 6/7.

Any help is greatly appreciated guys.

One Love

DjKinetics

Can somebody please let me know the best site to upload pics?

I would like to show you guys an update of my Hybrid, this is week 3 of flowering and she is already packing on some frost, which shows she is a hybrid as I know my landrace varieties usually frost up at around week 6/7.

Any help is greatly appreciated guys.

One Love
Why don't you just create a album in your profile and upload the images ,then click insert image when you post

Week 4 ( Merlot ):

picture.php

picture.php

Please Excuse the quality, my iphone does not likey close macros. I promise I will take some proper macros of her before the chop. Grape smells are getting even stronger and the frost is starting to come in nicely now. Dense tight nugs, really hope she swells a bit in the next 3 or so weeks. :tiphat:

thejact55

Tropical Seeds Senegal.
The three seeded gals where chopped when the seeds were ready, but some time before I would have chopped them for bud, the other one finished. I would say this is a 12-14 week strain.
4 females (the group shot if pretty early on)
Smells were mostly a ripe mango smell or sweet, but one had a slight "fuely" smell.
Seeded 3 plants, and one was mostly unseeded. The unseeded one was super frosty, and reaked of overly ripe mangos, and got purple late in flower.
I dont get hermies often, and grow strains as this often, but 3 hermied immediately, and the other 3 males all eventually hermied, and it was hard to get them to pollinate. The females didnt really hermie. Despite this I really like this strain.

Attachments

• K.jpg
    K.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 26
  • J.jpg
    J.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 31
  • 20161218_191409.jpg
    20161218_191409.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 25
  • G.jpg
    G.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 36
  • F.jpg
    F.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 32
  • 20161121_191822.jpg
    20161121_191822.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 26
  • I.jpg
    I.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 33
  • H.jpg
    H.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 32

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tropical Seeds Senegal.
The three seeded gals where chopped when the seeds were ready, but some time before I would have chopped them for bud, the other one finished. I would say this is a 12-14 week strain.
4 females (the group shot if pretty early on)
Smells were mostly a ripe mango smell or sweet, but one had a slight "fuely" smell.
Seeded 3 plants, and one was mostly unseeded. The unseeded one was super frosty, and reaked of overly ripe mangos, and got purple late in flower.
I dont get hermies often, and grow strains as this often, but 3 hermied immediately, and the other 3 males all eventually hermied, and it was hard to get them to pollinate. The females didnt really hermie. Despite this I really like this strain.

How was the high with this? Speedy, clear, fun, tripped out? I have a pack so wondering. It sure looks like a pure sativa or what I think of as sativa.:tiphat:

thejact55

It is fairly speedy. I'm a fairly light smoker, a few hits a night. I decided to really try on this strain for size. I heavy hit a whole bowl. I felt a pulsation throughout my body, Just energy moving in me, and an odd pressure on the back of my eyes, like a pressure that keeps them wide open. Kinda hard to explain. The purple one is super potent, everyone loves it. The wispy plants are more on the electric side, and the purple one is a little heavier on the body, like a dense strong all around high.
I wouldn't classify this as like a trip weed, but a quality plant no doubt. This is one of my favorite strains to date.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Beautiful and very well grown Gambia and Senegal ladies... it's always a pleasure to see passionate indoor gardeners with the patience and dedication to make this kind of rare genetics shine.

I have grown some Gambian landraces back then as well, this are pics from the first reproduction since a fella grower shared the seeds after a trip:

picture.php
picture.php

The Senegalese line worked by USC and TSCO came from the old spanish member Freegrow, who visited a few rasta villages around Kafountine area in Senegal, during a trip many years ago. He shared seeds with other fellow growers from the community, being Aeros (the old TSCO breeder) one of them.

Some of those first pics from that Senegal Buddha from Kafountine:

senegal_buddha_kafountine.jpg
senegal_buddha_kafountine2.jpg

Cheers.