What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

polarlynx

Is this one and the same with the Ethiopian Highland from African Seeds company?
Yes, African seeds:
Ed Rosenthal's "Big Book of Buds #2" pages 58-9, Ethiopian Highland, African Seeds

"African Seeds obtained the original seed stock for Ethiopian Highland from the breeders in the Rasta community in Shashemene, a sprawling town located in the Great Rift Valley, about 150 miles from Ethiopia's capital Addis Ababa. The strain originated in the Highland region of southern Tanzania, and then was brought to Ethiopia where it was grown for many generations before reaching African Seeds breeders.
This pure sativa has never been crossed, only inbred. Outdoors, Ethiopian thrives when grown in a location with a long warm summer, but it will also do well at northern European latitudes and cooler high altitutde mountain climates. This plant can also be tamed for indoor gardens as long as the lighting is fairly intense. Ebb and flow hydro is a better choice of systems; this plant is difficult to grow in soil indoors.
African Seeds typically allows this heavily branched, shorter sativa strain to grow vegetatively outdoors for 12-16 weeks before flowering. In cooler climates with long summer daylight hours, 8-10 weeks of vegetative cycle is sufficient. Of course yield is partly dependent on how big the plants are allowed to get before they are flowered. Indoors, this strain should veg for at least 6 weeks before flowering is forced. Once forced to flower, ripening only takes about a month.
Ethiopian Highland buds are loose, long and fluffy, tucked between the slender, light green foliage. When smoked, it has a very strong, burley Turkish aroma wich a licorice aftertaste. The buzz is electric and energetic, good for recreation or daytime use because mental clarity in intact and potentail for couchlock is low. The strain is used by the local Rasta community and others in Ethiopia for religious and medicinal uses."

ahortator

Veteran
Hi everybody,

I was looking for seeds from this seed company. I found a grow shop, the clerk told me they actually had sold their Congolese strain, Congo Fever according the seed pack. Sadly I arrived a few months late. They discontinued working with this seed company because they were not regular supliers. He offered me a pack of Swazi Rooibart. But it was pretty expensive and I really was interested in the Congolese.

I found later an online growshop offering the Congolese. But When I asked for the seeds, they were run out. He offered other Congolese/Central African knock offs, but again they were very expensive and they weren't actually the real huge wild crazy growing pure sativa landrace I wanted.

Later it was completely impossible even to ask or make a Google search because some seed companies were selling hybrids under the name of Congo or Congolese.

Many years after African Seeds dissapeared I asked in another grow shop, and surprisingly they had a pack of Durban Poison. But tha pack was at room temperature inside a drawer under the shop desk. They guy refused to sell it for a price under the expensive old price when the seeds had a chance to be still viable.

All the Africans I know refuse to sell of get seeds. They have enough problems to get other one. Even several Congolese rastas I have contacted who smoke everyday in their country refuse to sent ot sell seeds overseas.

The last chance to get an actual Congolese or any other real African landrace is East African Genes.

The last chance to get an actual Congolese or any other real African landrace is East African Genes.
There has to be other sources. @thelandraceteam or @congoseedproject are just some of them. Even though the former might have acquired the seeds from the latter (at least the Congolese Red 100%, not sure if the Congo Black as well).

Edit: Check out @congoseedproject Moukissi strain on his IG (by the way, the names I used are IG handles), if you fancy a feral (wild-type) Congo strain (that's the Eastern smaller Republic of the Congo, not the former Zaire).

gedLang

Hi everybody,

I was looking for seeds from this seed company. I found a grow shop, the clerk told me they actually had sold their Congolese strain, Congo Fever according the seed pack. Sadly I arrived a few months late. They discontinued working with this seed company because they were not regular supliers. He offered me a pack of Swazi Rooibart. But it was pretty expensive and I really was interested in the Congolese.

I found later an online growshop offering the Congolese. But When I asked for the seeds, they were run out. He offered other Congolese/Central African knock offs, but again they were very expensive and they weren't actually the real huge wild crazy growing pure sativa landrace I wanted.

Later it was completely impossible even to ask or make a Google search because some seed companies were selling hybrids under the name of Congo or Congolese.

Many years after African Seeds dissapeared I asked in another grow shop, and surprisingly they had a pack of Durban Poison. But tha pack was at room temperature inside a drawer under the shop desk. They guy refused to sell it for a price under the expensive old price when the seeds had a chance to be still viable.

All the Africans I know refuse to sell of get seeds. They have enough problems to get other one. Even several Congolese rastas I have contacted who smoke everyday in their country refuse to sent ot sell seeds overseas.

I just ordered the Congolese from Real Seed Co. It is a Spanish heirloom but reported to be pure. May actually be from Congo or might just be from somewhere else in Africa.

ahortator

Veteran
I just ordered the Congolese from Real Seed Co. It is a Spanish heirloom but reported to be pure. May actually be from Congo or might just be from somewhere else in Africa.
Spain??? I just wanted a true Congolese landrace, not a Chitral or a Critical Bilbo cross. I am not saying that TRSC strain isn't real. Just I don't trust anything or anyone from my own country.

There has to be other sources. @thelandraceteam or @congoseedproject are just some of them. Even though the former might have acquired the seeds from the latter (at least the Congolese Red 100%, not sure if the Congo Black as well).

Edit: Check out @congoseedproject Moukissi strain on his IG (by the way, the names I used are IG handles), if you fancy a feral (wild-type) Congo strain (that's the Eastern smaller Republic of the Congo, not the former Zaire).
How much is each seed? Life is not only growing and smoking!

How much is each seed? Life is not only growing and smoking!
Have no idea, because neither of them have any price listed. Last time I checked (6-12 months ago) @thelandraceteam was charging between 10 and 15 per seed (can't remember if it was dollars or euros). I'm assuming @congoseedproject has lower price, but I didn't ask him yet, so I don't really know.

ahortator

Veteran
Have no idea, because neither of them have any price listed. Last time I checked (6-12 months ago) @thelandraceteam was charging between 10 and 15 per seed (can't remember if it was dollars or euros). I'm assuming @congoseedproject has lower price, but I didn't ask him yet, so I don't really know.
I have been told by someone who asked the later, the price per seed is also about 15€. For the price of a few packs I can go to the DRC myself :ROFLMAO:

I'm sure they're great plants. However compare that with the leaves of this actual Durban Poison.

There are several Durban Poisons around, and for instance the Dutch versions like Nirvana's have Skunk/Afghani #1 in them.

I have never seen a hybrid strain that has the pencil thin leaves of a tropical landrace sativa. I think it is determined by homozygosity for recessive alleles (flipped ATCG letters knocking out functions) on multiple genes, and is therefore impossible to recover after crossing out.
Interesting. The guy that sold these seeds to TLT is a member here. He posted that they are actually Transkei that he collected. TLT has a way of making up stories to sell seeds.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Latest posts