What's new

African photo thread

2st4this

wow this is a nice thread!

thank you doubleO
i'm searching for african genetics an its a very important information.
best regards ;)

therevverend

Veteran
Just looked over their website. Googled Nguni Seeds Cannabis it came right up.
Besides the two "landraces" mentioned above they also have a strain called Sangoma, they say it's Afropips Malawi Silver Pearl line crossed with blueberry.
They also have Malberry an extreme Malawi sativa crossed with blueberry. And of course AK 47 can't have an African seedbank without AK!
Not sure if they're for real or what. It would be easy to pull some bagseeds out of some seeded South African and call it Durban or Swazi.
Wouldn't hurt to try their seeds I reckon. The prices are listed in a currency I'm unfamiliar with. Probably South African.
They have a link to a South African cannabis forum called Weed.co.za. Gonna be fun to check it out..

therevverend

Veteran
Found some interesting stuff. There's a dispensary called nguni biz dispenary near Johannesburg SA, actually a suburb called Randburg. Nearby is a town called Ferndale just like in Northern California next to Eureka.
They sell a few different strains for $1 each, Skunk #1, Northern Lights, Cali Indica, etc. They also have a few African strains, Malawi Gold, Rooibari Swazi, Durban Poison, and a Durban Skunk hybrid. Could be promising.
Looks like the legalization crowd have organized, they have petitions to sign and marches and the like. Didn't know they had "dispensaries" but maybe it's just seeds. They're calling it "re-legalizing" pointing out cannabis was legal for a long time before the British Empire banned it in 1928.

lowridersa

Hi Rev

Yes nguni seeds is up and running, been promoting it for just over a year now. The seed selection is being updated with new hybrids like malberry ( Afropips ), Lebanese bekka x durban, La Reunion x Malberry, and hopefully a couple central african OG Kush crosses. The african legalisation movement is in full swing and very organised thanks to many dedicated actvists and groups. Something will change in southern Africa and growers will be living in peace soon. Good growing. Will post some pictures of Malberry, Ak47 and Malawi soon.

Last edited:

Sdotnoop

Found some interesting stuff. There's a dispensary called nguni biz dispenary near Johannesburg SA, actually a suburb called Randburg. Nearby is a town called Ferndale just like in Northern California next to Eureka.
They sell a few different strains for $1 each, Skunk #1, Northern Lights, Cali Indica, etc. They also have a few African strains, Malawi Gold, Rooibari Swazi, Durban Poison, and a Durban Skunk hybrid. Could be promising.
Looks like the legalization crowd have organized, they have petitions to sign and marches and the like. Didn't know they had "dispensaries" but maybe it's just seeds. They're calling it "re-legalizing" pointing out cannabis was legal for a long time before the British Empire banned it in 1928.

good on em

Happy New Year African forum!

The Devil

? Plant a seed and grow your weed ?
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Kilimanjaro (Kenya)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

geneva_sativa

^ ^ had a chance to sample some nice smokes in Kenya when last there in late 90's

some had surprising strong kind of power,

and also some nice hash recovered by local dread on the beach, that had washed ashore from a smuggling ship that went aground

Last edited:

The Devil

? Plant a seed and grow your weed ?
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yes it is from w.o.s, smells of citrus, incense ... the effect sativa is very high... i really like, productive, fast, good resin...

I cut the kilimanjaro # 1 in more or less 65 days of flowering ....

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

pMiii

White Satin

- 65 days , coco
- Heavily trichomed pheno :tiphat:
picture.php

PS: Hello my African Brothers, Greetings from Czech Republic :wave:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Hello all,
I am looking for landrace seeds, even if old and dead.
We need them for a DNA project that will map the evolution and relationships and make a Cannabis family tree that will allow people to understand the origins of different varieties and where they came from, for example Mexican, Colombian, Jamaican were all brought from some where, after 1492. Even those say from Africa we brought from maybe India or Asia? This DNA Project will try and answer those questions.
If anyone has landrace variety seed un-hybridized, we want it, be it Drug, hemp or wild, just a few seeds can be used for the DNA work, if anyone wants to help, or has questions, PM me. The older the seeds the better to avoid genes from other areas (like Holland) being it it.

Last edited:

Montuno

...como el Son...
Durban Poison'70 (Tropical Seeds Company)

Durban Poison'70 (Tropical Seeds Company)

Hi, everybody arround the work.

What a beautifull thread... I'ld like to show a new borned Durban Poison'70 (Tropical Seeds Company; I think the seedbank obtains this line thanks to Mr. African Herbman, being it first worked & selected by African Herbman too (?)...) :

d48bdcba8e68632a90d48d65067d9143.jpg

a84f2be7ee6fb7931e3cf4446833818f.jpg

fb8d75c5029111096059f0ceaaffad6c.jpg

36d37606fb72d17418705eccf717cb97.jpg

Last edited:

Karra

Hi everyone! Just passing by here and guess I'm sitting for a long while. Lovely plants around and some that I want to get.

Montuno

...como el Son...
about the slave trade though....I don't think these poor souls were allowed to carry much with them as far as personal items except maybe the clothes on their backs, if that: they were probably exploited first from African rivals then by the slave traders...the Indian 'servants' of the British colonizers in the West Indies probably brought it with them from areas in India

Yeah, I think as you: people that saids that the cannabis arrived to América with the African slaves don't know how terrorific conditions they suffered...
Cannabis arrives to América with the Spanish first, n same time later with the Portugueses.

Montuno

...como el Son...
We need them for a DNA project that will map the evolution and relationships and make a Cannabis family tree that will allow people to understand the origins of different varieties and where they came from, for example Mexican, Colombian, Jamaican were all brought from some where, after 1492. Even those say from Africa we brought from maybe India or Asia? This DNA Project will try and answer those questions.

Hi.
The History can explain you a lot about the origins of Mexican, Colombian & Jamaican landraces.
About HispanicAmerica, are a lot of historical documents registring the exportations of cannabis seeds from Seville & Canary Islands (Spain) & Manila (Philippines) to América, or about the great scale cannabis grows, etc...
Salud.