What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Advanced nutrients question

MoeBudz^420

Veteran
Sensi grow/ bloom only. No other bottles. Gorilla 4x4, ac infinity environmental control, Promix hp, 600 hps. This grow was posted here, next to come in the fall/ winter.

Dont need the snake oil, just the grow/ bloom a+b. Did throw late nanners but that is not uncommon, especially with feminized.

DOD not panic and let it finish. The odd bean but it's good...

Attachments

• 20240323_190419.jpg
    20240323_190419.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 37
  • 20240323_190454.jpg
    20240323_190454.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 29
  • 20240323_190547.jpg
    20240323_190547.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 34
  • 20240327_020844.jpg
    20240327_020844.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 34

Buddler

Veteran
People always put stuff down when they don t how to use it ..I used sensi for coco, that's it the base half strength never adjust ph or read ec. Perfect plants long as your water is in between .4 to .8

spice

Well, I almost never post, been lurking for years. But. I understand some people don't like the marketing tactics of AN, and big Mike turns a lot of people off. Got it.

I been growing for over 30 years. I've seen it all. I have to say, Sensi 2 part is the real deal. I use it in coco with KILLER results. Yield, check. Quality,check. Simplicity, check.

I don't own or need a pH pen or an e/c meter. Don't need it. These nutes are easy to use and easy to get great results out of. ( edit: no i dont use the amounts they say, I know how to read the plants. ALL fertilizer companies tell you to use more than you need, thats their business, maximize sales.) I f-cking HATE dicking around with a ph/ec meter that's always needing calibrated, electrodes changed, etc. I f-cking hate chasing ph around with citric acid and carbonates. All that shit costs money, and eats up my valuable TIME. (Edit part 2 - the ph isn't gonna stay where you put it anyway....)

I get it, some people like to act all science-y with their meters and whatnot. I don't. My time is worth money. Meters cost money. Ph up and down cost money. Electrodes, time and money, calibration solution, et al, on and on.

I have grown commercially in the past. I understand that I wouldn't want to use it in a huge facility or big rooms.

But people that are denying it is what it claims to be, you're either incompetent or for some reason lying.

The little bit extra that it costs is well worth it to me. I'm not in a fucking grow room masturbating a meter all the time.

And the ease of use, man a drunken f-ckin monkey could get results with this stuff.

spice out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Well, I almost never post, been lurking for years. But. I understand some people don't like the marketing tactics of AN, and big Mike turns a lot of people off. Got it.

I been growing for over 30 years. I've seen it all. I have to say, Sensi 2 part is the real deal. I use it in coco with KILLER results. Yield, check. Quality,check. Simplicity, check.

I don't own or need a pH pen or an e/c meter. Don't need it. These nutes are easy to use and easy to get great results out of. ( edit: no i dont use the amounts they say, I know how to read the plants. ALL fertilizer companies tell you to use more than you need, thats their business, maximize sales.) I f-cking HATE dicking around with a ph/ec meter that's always needing calibrated, electrodes changed, etc. I f-cking hate chasing ph around with citric acid and carbonates. All that shit costs money, and eats up my valuable TIME. (Edit part 2 - the ph isn't gonna stay where you put it anyway....)

I get it, some people like to act all science-y with their meters and whatnot. I don't. My time is worth money. Meters cost money. Ph up and down cost money. Electrodes, time and money, calibration solution, et al, on and on.

I have grown commercially in the past. I understand that I wouldn't want to use it in a huge facility or big rooms.

But people that are denying it is what it claims to be, you're either incompetent or for some reason lying.

The little bit extra that it costs is well worth it to me. I'm not in a f-cking grow room masturbating a meter all the time.

And the ease of use, man a drunken f-ckin monkey could get results with this stuff.

spice out.
Thank you for the post friend. When you talk with words they are words but when you show results we can see it's easier to believe. I don't know any professionals in horticulture who don't own meters. When people in real horticulture run into any problem the first thing they do is pull out the meters and start testing.

Big Mike & High Times targets people who can't operate a pH meter without problems. If you don't won't to learn basic horticulture skills and use what's tried and true thats ok and fine. If you want to do a diary and demonstrate what you are talking about then people could learn from you. Over the past 14 years of watching ICmag with interest, I have seen more problems with AN than successes. I'm open-minded and will change my views but only if I see success. Keep us posted. I'm out of here!

Last edited by a moderator:

spice

I'm not into pissing contests. I don't have to prove anything to anyone.

I was a working organic chemist for 10 years. I don't need to trot out an instrument to know what I am doing.

Are you familiar with the concept of 'chelation'?

Most problems in growing are caused by issues related to ph.

More specifically, wide swings of ph and jolts of foreign acidity in the root zone.

I can read a ph meter just fine. But I can read the plants better.

When you say 'I don't know any professionals in horticulture that don't own ph meters' I believe you.

When I was running 10,000 watt rooms in Colorado 15 years ago, I used them too. We grew in Rockwool with GH 3 part nutrients. We NEEDED meters. We got great results. I had a guy whose ONLY JOB was to mix nutrients in 50 gallon containers and calibrate meters. It was a constant battle.

The results I get with the method I use now are in every way on par with the PROFESSIONAL results I got then.
What I learned in those days was that most issues people were having with their grows were generally related to 2 things.

1) too strong of an e/c
2) ph irregularities

Sometimes, and frequently, both at the same time.

I don't care if you 'believe' me or not.

The reason I even post this is because there is a lot of misinformation about this paroduct.

I have no affiliation with any commercial suppliers or companies.

Many people have trouble letting go of the old ways. This applies in all areas of life. Many times clinging to something in the face of progress causes its own problems.

Don't act like I am a lone voice in the wilderness, here on this thread, others have said the same things I am saying.

F_T_P!

I can always tell when a grower uses Big Bud, you can taste it in the flower. I do not use or recommend their overpriced marketing hype nutrients, sure it works(?) but there are more appropriately priced products out there. On a side note pH drops work just fine and never need calibration, could be a problem if you are color blind though.

Last edited:

spice

First: i dont use big bud.

Second: ph drops do work, but a calibrated meter does too. Drops dont eliminate the need to endlessly chase ph around, nor do they simplify anything.

Cheers

Someone was asking pictures with AN grow. Here's some pics. Using advanced nutriens. Also useing big bud coco and no any bad taste for me. I stop useing big bud at week 5 and start use rockzbalstic. Just excellent result and strong weed.

1726465350472.png

1726465385866.png

1726465443301.png

Now you guys show some pictures and what nutes are you useing. We are like 5 years old bastard's fight what's nutes rules. AN give good result but too much bottles and price. I don't think there any matters what nutes you use if used right way but there's price difference and you can get same result with less money

Pic or it didn't happen! 😁

Last edited: