What's new

Advanced nutrients question

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Hi guys, somebody know the difference about advanced nutrients Ph perfect ?

-Sensi
-Connosseiur
Grow-micro-bloom
I and some friends have used Advanced Nutrients pH Perfect in the past when it first came out and got some bad results. We threw that stuff in the trash after losing a lot of time and money. Went back to tried and true nutrients and have not gone back.

what u mean with tried and true nutrients? can make me some example by brand?
is one year im started grow, i try until now biobizz for soil and GHE for hydro, now will try advanced nutrients for both, lets see.

Negreenthumb420

I’ve run Sensi for over 10 years, half strength at most during bloom, never had any issues. I literally only run Sensi and calmag depending on strain / week. At times, I would run the connoisseur, I didn’t notice any difference with the end results.

thanks for your opinion, in the meantime I tried to ask advanced nutrients directly, I would say it's acceptable, at least until I receive my results !

"All of the products are compatible with both hydroponics or soil.

In regards to Grow, Micro, Bloom and the Sensi Grow/Bloom series Composition and performance wise, they are very similar.

The one advantage of the Sensi is the fact that there is an A+B pair for both grow and bloom cycles, allowing them to be geared towards the stage of growth they’re being used in.

With the 3 part nutrients, there are usually 2 scenarios a grower would want to use them over the Sensi Line.….

1. The grower likes a 3 part format (this is due to the popularity of 3 part nutrients dating back to the 1980’s, some growers just prefer this format)

2. The grower is using Autoflower genetics (This takes the guesswork of wondering when to switch to a bloom nutrient, since every set of autoflowers will “flip” to flower a bit differently)

The Connoisseur line of base nutrients are specifically formulated to take advantage of highly tuned growing environments. For example sealed rooms with split A/C and CO2 supplementation.

If growing in soil we would recommend using an inert soil without a built in fertilizer charge such as Sunshine Mix #4 or ProMix HP.

If using a soil with a built in fertilizer charge we would delay base nutrient application until the final week of the soil's built in fertilizer charge to avoid potentially overfeeding the plants, you can use the supplements as shown on the schedules in the meantime. Additionally you can use Sensi Cal/Mag Xtra at a rate of 2mL/L of water given to the plants in an effort to round out the nutrient profile in the soil. When you introduce the base nutrients you can discontinue the cal/mag supplementation.

You can refer to our feeding schedules found at https://www.advancednutrients.com/feeding/

Week one of the vegetative phase feeding schedule would begin when a seedling has it's second set of true leaves past the cotyledon or a clone/cutting has it's second set of new growth leaves.

Week one of the flowering phase when growing photoperiod indoor plants would begin the day you flip your lights. If growing autoflowers or outdoors you begin the flowering phase schedule upon the appearance of your first white pistils.

Once the plants are well established in the vegetative phase aim for 10-15% run off with each feeding, ensuring the pots do not sit in, rest in or absorb the run off water. This will help prevent salt buildups/potential nutrient lockouts throughout the grow.

For a hydroponic system change the nutrient mix weekly and if necessary to top up/refill the system mid week use hafl strength amounts at that point in time for example if using 4mL/L at the start of the week top up with 2mL/L mid week.

Reservoir temperatures should be kept at 65-68°F as temperatures of 70°F and above are a breeding ground for pythium/root rot/other pathogens."

Regards

Mr.NotSoFast

Hi guys, somebody know the difference about advanced nutrients Ph perfect ?

-Sensi
-Connosseiur
Grow-micro-bloom
I have used them all. I prefer Sensi/ connosseiur and my favourite PK for all times Big bud coco series. Different between sensi and connosseiur is marginal. I would advices to use sensi because it's much cheaper ( although I use connosseiur xD)
Don't go full doses!!! Often 50%(max75% whit big plants) has been enough depending on what else you feed your plants.
I myself use sensi/connosseiur coco series. It's work whit my tap watter(ph7.7) well and bring it down to ph6.

I have use other big brands like bio-nova, ghe and atami. I choose ADN from above.
BIG MINUS is too much bottels and price.

Last edited:

negative37dBA

Veteran
Correct about the amount of bottles and price. Big Mike likes to separate everything into diff bottles to charge you more for his water. The amount you would spend funding 1 grow with his water would buy you enough Jacks to grow literally for years! I would never buy his overpriced water again. I have a entire thread on how much I saved by using Jacks over Advanced. It is unreal what they charge for their bottles.
Have a sweet day. Peace, negative.
Link to said thread.
https://www.icmag.com/threads/getting-off-the-bottle-how-i-diy-all-my-nutes.18124556/
Also they lie to you about the strength you need. They say to use way to much so they can sell you more. Even the poster above said that. Cant trust a company like that...Jacks gives real feeding numbers that actully work and dont burn the fuck outta your plants.

Mr.NotSoFast

I
Correct about the amount of bottles and price. Big Mike likes to separate everything into diff bottles to charge you more for his water. The amount you would spend funding 1 grow with his water would buy you enough Jacks to grow literally for years! I would never buy his overpriced water again. I have a entire thread on how much I saved by using Jacks over Advanced. It is unreal what they charge for their bottles.
Have a sweet day. Peace, negative.
Link to said thread.
https://www.icmag.com/threads/getting-off-the-bottle-how-i-diy-all-my-nutes.18124556/
Also they lie to you about the strength you need. They say to use way to much so they can sell you more. Even the poster above said that. Cant trust a company like that...Jacks gives real feeding numbers that actully work and dont burn the fuck outta your plants.
Gotta read yours thread in weekend. I have been looking alternative for ADN. Like you say too much water and price XD.

ADN sell also dry nutriens for cheaper price than redy to use.

negative37dBA

Veteran
I was not aware they do dry. Jacks has been awesome for me! I have also been able to get great results with nothing other than Jacks. I am in week 5 of a run right now with nothing but Jacks 321 and Bontanicare's Revive for my good bacteria.
GG4 clone only. Week 5. RDWC.
IMG_8227 - Copy.JPG

Have a great day all! Peace, negative.