What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Advanced Nutrients PH Perfect - Review

Megaprop

Well said grow101 but AN is nowhere near the nutrient system that Canna is.....Not only are there MANY other brands other than AN that are more than PH stable in hydroponics, but the PH perfect plan from AN does not work by keeping the PH at 5.9 or any other value. The way it works is by allowing the plant to uptake nutrients at ANY ph level avoiding lockout of certain elements. Really dont take much value in anywho who reports a 10 outta 10 on a nutrient system and doesnt even seem to understand how it works.

This is exactly right. AN Sensi/Connoisseur aren't really "pH Perfect", they are more "pH Irrelevant"!

I've used pH Irrelevant nutes and now I would never go back.
There's no spending a quarter of an hour painstakingly mucking about with acid drop-by-drop every night.
Also, there's no need to fork out for a pH meter.
There's no need to worry about your pH meter calibration or whether the probe has dried out or worn out.

It just takes out a whole headache out of the art of growing!

Doesn't matter whether you use Canna or AN, just get the nutrient strength right, and your environment right and you'll grow deficient-free plants every time.

Oh, one thing though. AN say you can use their nutrients at 4ml/L from start to finish. Now that IS bullshit, although I will admit the strength is more forgiving than with most nutrient lines!
Start at 0.25ml/L for cuttings and increase by 0.25ml/L each week, building up to a max of 1.5ml/L to 2ml/L in bloom. Get a decent nutrient strength meter. After a grow or 2 you'll nail it, and never want to worry about pH again!

Megaprop

Oh, just one more thing - if you use a silicon additive make sure it's one that doesn't send pH off the scale!
There's 3 on the market that I know of -

AN Rhino Skin,
Buddha's Tree Solar Green Power
Aptus Regulator

Of the 3, the Buddha's Tree Solar Green Power is (dose per Litre) the best value by far.

Good pH-worry-free growing y'all!

stonedfly

i personally hate PH'ing my solutions and I have extremely nice tap water so AN works perfect for me.

I use only use Sensi A/B , big bud , B-52, voodoo , overdrive , flawless finish and I love the results.

Buddler

Veteran
Because I use other brand nutrients the pH Perfect technology doesn't work. It comes out too high. But that's the Humboldt Nutrients amendments I add. It is a steady reading but a few tenths over the ideal pH.

Doesn't matter as long as your ph is under 8 the shit works don't need to read ph or ppm even with humbolt adds like buddy says ph irrelevant lol good one..

Latest posts

Latest posts