What's new

Ace Malawi and Cycloptics Greenbeams: caught in the Under Current!

srich250

timmur - no log, sorry. Some day when I retire I hope to have the time to do such a thing. Time is something I'm in short supply of.
What I can say is that I had 4-6 plants under one 315 CMH and both quantity and quality was not and issue..... Here is a pic of my 18 weeker after the harvest - this is just the top 4 foot.[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=67479&pictureid=1636226&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Hey 2scoot. That's awesome you got such light penetration on your GB CMH315. I was afraid on my last grow running 4 crocketts tangie under the gb 315 that it wouldn't penetrate past 18". All 18" was A grade and some top shelf and very very sticky, smelly(tangerine), and dense.

How was the density comparing the top 2' to the bottom few feet of your monster ladies?

Timmur is rockin his girls. Looks like he might have 4' of canopy or more. I hope it's all dense. Not even a 1000' DE have I ever had dense bugs past the top 30". I'm stoked to see his finish.

I just started my next gb cmh315 last week so hopefully will learn more from everyone as I continue them slightly bigger this time.

srich250

Hey Timmur. Can you give us all an update on what day of flower you are on 12/12 and nute ppm/EC you are at now?

Also, any close up pics of your awesome ladies leaves???

Thx and I hope it keeps going well man

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gonna have to do some serious pruning! PPFD is about 1,000 at the top and about 350 at the height of the buckets.

prune, pinch, bend, restrain

or you will be pulling them out of the reflector and cutting off the burnt tips....

timmur

Hey Timmur. Can you give us all an update on what day of flower you are on 12/12 and nute ppm/EC you are at now?

Also, any close up pics of your awesome ladies leaves???

Thx and I hope it keeps going well man

Thanks! So I flipped to 12/12 on July 31st. That puts me @ day 12 of flower, if you go by the day you flip the lights.

I'm at about 480 PPM on the 500 scale and I'm going to push it up to 550 over the weekend and see how they do. I'll post up some more pics once I finish pruning and defoliating. I'll get a few close ups.

timmur

Here's another pic update including close ups of the leaves. I defoliated about three bags of plant material. Still needs more, but I'm gonna wait another day or so to finish up.

picture.php

View image in gallery

picture.php

View image in gallery

picture.php

View image in gallery

gorilla ganja

I would defoliate all those main fan leafs. Except the last couple at the top of each plant. The plant's will hardy notice in a dialed in set up like this. but it will allow a lot more light in. These plants are going to hit the roof for sure.
I guess there are worst problems to have.
Best of luck dealing with these monsters.

Peace GG

timmur

I would defoliate all those main fan leafs. Except the last couple at the top of each plant. The plant's will hardy notice in a dialed in set up like this. but it will allow a lot more light in. These plants are going to hit the roof for sure.
I guess there are worst problems to have.
Best of luck dealing with these monsters.

Peace GG

Hey gorilla thanks! I just cleaned out a bunch of fans and did a small bit of pruning. I'll post up pics after I finish cleaning up tomorrow. :tiphat:

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Personally id pull all the fans n do some pinch n bending to get them tall ones down.

GoldenSyrup

hey man just popping in to say I am still here lurking around and watching how you get on, those girls have certainly turned into little ladies real quick eh? Credit to you for bringing them around.

Just to chime in the discussion a little bit, might I suggest maybe weighing them down (tie a small battery to some string or something) or anchoring them to a point as oppose to pinch/bending them at this stage, granted they might stretch for a while yet but I personally don't like doing anything particularly devastating after the first 7 days of flower.

Peace out man

timmur

hey man just popping in to say I am still here lurking around and watching how you get on, those girls have certainly turned into little ladies real quick eh? Credit to you for bringing them around.

Just to chime in the discussion a little bit, might I suggest maybe weighing them down (tie a small battery to some string or something) or anchoring them to a point as oppose to pinch/bending them at this stage, granted they might stretch for a while yet but I personally don't like doing anything particularly devastating after the first 7 days of flower.

Peace out man

Hey Golden, thanks for keeping an eye out! I like the idea of using a weight or anchoring. I'm thinking that the stretch is about over so I may not do much more to even up the canopy. I should've evened things up a long time ago, but with all of the nute issues I just didn't want to mess with them. As long as they don't go into the lights, I'm not going to worry about it too much now. Here's some closer shots of how they look today. They are starting to show decent flower development.

For anyone who has grown malawi, how long does it typically take to see this kind of development after the flip? It's been 16 days since the flip.

Last edited:

srich250

Hey Timmur , I've done a couple sativa dominant strains that went 12-14 weeks and they still seems to show all new bud sites starting around 10-12 days like yours. All my hybrids start showing the little new buds between 7-10 days.

The stems will probably keep elongating until day 24-30. As narrow and long as your leaves are that is more sativa than I've probably ever had. Those are crazy long and narrow :)!!! Can't wait to see and hear how the high is for you.

I was thinking a few days ago about a test you could do just for learning more about growing this strain and trying to get the genetic potential from it. I try to do this every time with my testing that I'm addicted too. But my idea is safer for you since I've stunted or hurt too many plants when testing some extremes.

If it's worth it for you here it goes:)-

Just take the 2nd tallest and widest plant and use it as your tester so you can stick to your plan on the rest so you still get great results from your original plan

For me, you are in the last few days of able to defoliate w/o causing them to hermaphrodite from my experience. Don't hold me responsible if these are sensitive to pruning. My Girl Scout cookies and master bubba kush were sensitive and would hermie at the slightest of pruning in flower.

So take tbis "tester" and only keep 24"-30" of total height of vegetation that is showing equal size buds. 100% strip everything beyond this range. Make sure your other plants Don't tower over and block light to this test plant.

Then Remove every fan leaf in the top 12". Keeping all the small sugar leaves. This will allow max light penetration to the lower 12-16" of leaves.

Then also remove each and every node(small new stems or aide branches that keep growing off all the main shoots that are 6" long and below. I'm guessing based on pics there will be about 150-200 to remove. This will allow more metabolism and nutes to go into developing the main colas and shoots that already have better bud development. Otherwise the plant is going to try and ripen every single bud that you see and that's almost impossible as huge as they are. Plus you have nothing to lose since all your other plants are bomb and you already have a plan for them.

Then make sure canopy is even on this one plant.

Lastly, Learn about Foliar feeding and only do it on this plant as heavy as per instructions on experts on Foliar feeding using a boost and maybe a little cal mag just for another week or two before buds swell. You can do it because the leaves will dry within 5-20min right before lights go off so you have no chance of it causing powdery mildew. Just make sure that you have excellent air flow on that plant to dry the buds within 30min after Foliar feeding.

The only two I have great success with is canna boost and Aptus boost and some cal mag plug/mag. But I'm assuming based on hearing from a lot of experts on this site that there are other great combos out there.

I know it sounds like a lot but I just don't want you to experience the same overgrowth I've had too many times and then I promise it will take you 4-8hrs to hand trim just one of your monsters and more than 50% will be airy popcorn bud.

Dont forget this is just an idea for testing yourself. That way you learn multiple things on a single grow��!!!!! Otherwise it will take 1000's of plants 50-100 grows to learn from trial and error.

I wouldn't do this to the others so you have control plants.

Good luck and keep rockin!

Tangwena

Veteran
Looking good mate but thats not stacking yet, thats only just the beginning if you look back in 12 to 14 weeks time you will see those are only the pre flowers. Your going to get some serious poundage from those ladies he he.
Tangwena

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yhea, that's what i call "budset", your node spacing is nice and tight it seems for the sativas you are growing, timmur.
can't wait for the bloom show to really begin!

Latest posts

Latest posts