What's new

A Taste of Africa from Malawi

tjmccoy

Veteran
The yield was very high. Around 4oz from a 1 gal pot. It finished growing at perhaps 4 1/2 feet in height (untopped) and was grown at 11.30/12.30 from seed.

The smoke was mild, but to be fair to the plant I chopped it too late and I had massive problems with fluctuating temps and humidity at the time.

I crossed it to three regular males of Peak Seeds BC Blueberry. I've sexed maybe 30 of the offspring so far and every single one has been female. I have decided that 2 of the 3 Blueberry males were infertile and the third threw only the X chromosone.

The yield on the cross is exceptional. The buds are rock hard. But only one in four has a high THC/low CBD chemotype. The other 75% have a balanced chemotype. I still have 25 or so beans but won't be growing them out any time soon because of the high percentage of mild smoking plants.

Peace

Thanks for writing that out! Good info! My whole Malawi grow this time was pollinated, trying to figure out what to do with all these seeds! It’s not dry yet but still seems plenty potent! I’m going to have some a lot to chose selections from. Also hit a friends outdoor grow with some Malawi pollen, so will also have Malawi x Nor cal Thai, Malawi x OG18, Malawi x Kali China! Cheers

tjmccoy

Veteran
The yield was very high. Around 4oz from a 1 gal pot. It finished growing at perhaps 4 1/2 feet in height (untopped) and was grown at 11.30/12.30 from seed.

The smoke was mild, but to be fair to the plant I chopped it too late and I had massive problems with fluctuating temps and humidity at the time.

I crossed it to three regular males of Peak Seeds BC Blueberry. I've sexed maybe 30 of the offspring so far and every single one has been female. I have decided that 2 of the 3 Blueberry males were infertile and the third threw only the X chromosone.

The yield on the cross is exceptional. The buds are rock hard. But only one in four has a high THC/low CBD chemotype. The other 75% have a balanced chemotype. I still have 25 or so beans but won't be growing them out any time soon because of the high percentage of mild smoking plants.

Peace

Thanks for writing that out! Good info! My whole Malawi grow this time was pollinated, trying to figure out what to do with all these seeds! It’s not dry yet but still seems plenty potent! I’m going to have some a lot to chose selections from. Also hit a friends outdoor grow with some Malawi pollen, so will also have Malawi x Nor cal Thai, Malawi x OG18, Malawi x Kali China! Cheers TJ

tjmccoy

Veteran
Completely un trimmed Malawi needs a few more drying days. This grow ended up pollinated, not fully but mostly getting 6-7 seeds a bud or more, they were pollinated by 2 male clones, of the two males one released pollen 2 weeks later than the other one. It wasn’t intended to pollinate the whole grow but I’m looking at it like a gift! 😇

Early samples the last few days is like OMG this stuff is potent and long lasting, it’s really powerful effects, the M4 is almost like being drunk in a good way, I tested it on my buddies we were all stumbling around, talking loud, laughing, forgetting everything. It’s crazy, This is great herb that cuts through! The M1 compact plant is more body sensations I can feel a buzz in my muscles.

It’s actually surprising me how potent the effects are so soon, from seeded bud! it wasn’t my best grow, I’ve been busy, they lost power for 5 days mid flower! They are seeded yet has me thinking this is some of the most powerful herb I’ve grown!

My last grow was 3 fems, this grow was 6 regs, I’m finding the regs the be more wildly, definitely looks so sativa, the flavors in this grow nothing really stands out just kinda like incense and strong resin like hash. The fems from last grow were much more tame, picked up on sweet fruit gum but none of this in the regs I got! The new grow of regs seems more up and enjoyable smoke, I did finish flowering with the 1k warm halide instead of hps this grow. I brought the plants to over 60 days veg this grow instead of 14 days to try to increase maturity. Whatever happened the herb is turning out to be fantastic!

I was also able 2 freeze 3 viles of pollen, and pollinate some branches at an outdoor grow, we have Malawi x Kalichina, og18, jack, and nor cal Thai!

M1 - Compact -
7119F498-3D24-477D-AD0A-21F74B27D0BF.jpeg

M4 - sativa structure, very resinous potent dank herb! I know it doesn’t look like it
A8C1C698-EB69-47C6-9630-2327CA030215.jpeg

Last edited:

amc888

Wonderful outcome and great growing skills @amc888 :tiphat: truly impressive!
Please, let us know your opinion on the qualities of her flowers once she is properly dry/cured!

@goingrey @Chuckee and @tjmccoy glad our Malawi lives up to its name and that you rate the genetics as one of the most potent cannabis you have ever tried! ;)
Thank you very much for your kind words dubi :) Will surely let you know on my opinion of course!

amc888

Last Monday was the harvest day. Everything is dried now and stored in glass jars to cure. 210 grams of buds (not counting what I smoked all this time, 10-15 grams I think), plus lots of leaves. Some photos:

Thank you very much dubi and all the users of this forum. This was a very nice experience. See you next time in a couple of months, when I start to grow Golden Tiger.

Last edited:

XLNordic

Looking great
I have 6 regular Malawi seeds in the waiting list
Im in store for some good herb i can see.
But i have many years experience with Ace genetics so i know its never wasted 😉
Im hoping for at least one male, and some nice seeds.
Also im going to cross it to some high potency indicas for some, hopefully, nice hybrid smoke 👌🤘

PlasmaTube

5 or 6 wk old Malawi. Kept the cut to finally flower from a seed run months ago.

Tall, and slender at this point. Can turn into a skyscraper if given the headspace. Very easy feeder so far....(Let's not jinx it).. Not leafy.

Where she shines is her... Shine. Trichome formation started early on in flower. Earliest I've seen on a plant besides Afgooey as far as dumping that sugar early. Even the stems are shining with sticky sugar. Exciting. The other Malawi I ran from the same pack wasn't this decked out.

Smells like some kind of earth dried fruit...like a sweet carrot/apricot? So far so good. @dubi, she's looking great. You mention moderate PK levels through out? Also...can you please give some more info about the carrot in the Malawi?

Thanks.
IMG_20230929_231713343.jpg
IMG_20230929_231907098.jpg
IMG_20230929_231829865.jpg
IMG_20230929_231856548.jpg