What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

A Guide to Fishsticks

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
used to watch my grandmother "crack the whip" and jerk their heads off. she always did it in the fenced portion of the garden so you didn't have trouble finding them. damn things ran, jumped, did flips, even tried to fly...all of us kids thought it was hilarious. :cool:
29906_l.jpg

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:watchplant: alrighty,calling it a day except for feeding flower...didn't get everything done,but i did get the important stuff done...

once i get the other mars light out of the main flower room and get it hung i'll bring in a 4x4 tray and put it up on some 3 1/2 gallon pots to bring the smaller plants closer to the light and rearrange the taller plants...good enough for now...should be able to put 9 plants in the 4x4 tray and have the 4 biggest under a light by themselves...

IMG_20241003_181242554_HDR.jpg
IMG_20241003_181247668_HDR.jpg

Loriented

I wonder if they really can run around without their head
After a chicken's head is cut off, the body can continue moving and running around for a short time, even up to a minute in some cases. This is due to the autonomous nervous system and reflex actions that allow the chicken's muscles to continue moving for a brief period after the brain has been disconnected.

Mike the Headless Chicken holds the Guinness World Record for the longest surviving chicken without a head, living for 18 months after being beheaded in 1945:

Loriented

Hmm must of had a hard time eating And drinking with no beak...
The farmer fed it every day, with some tube or something...
When Mike did not die, Olsen decided to care for the bird. He fed it a mixture of milk and water via an eyedropper and gave it small grains of corn and worms.[2][5]
Screenshot 2024-10-04 061516.png

LOL -
Cause of deathChoked to death

Last edited: